ODI Grips
Thunderbolt 170 cranks
La Guardia 25t Sprocket
Colony Fantastic Plastic Pedals
Macneil Seat and Post
GSport/BSD Pegs w/ GSport/BSD Guards
Front wheel = Alienation Runaway x Profile Mini x Demolition Momentum 2.35 tire
Rear wheel = Alienation Runaway x United Freecoaster x Odyssey Hawk 20.2 tire

Laird Frame built with a Chicago flag on the bridge to rep my city. Laird offers way more color and customization options than custom Fit & S&M Frames at a much lower price and comparable if not better quality.
I ride mostly street and some ramps and this is the best feeling Frame I've had to date.

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

9/29/2017 10:14 AM

Laird frames are really nicely priced. A lot of the paint choices bump the cost up a fair bit though, don't they? I think custom frames will start to take over a bit more. An fbm is only a little more than an off the shelf fbm and they have quite a few optional extras. I wish the UK frame builders would sort their prices out! My fbm cost £580 including shipping and import tax. A limit fabrications or Ted James design frame costs £650!

Laird actually gave me a pretty fair price for a batch of frames for my thing, but the fact they're designed to be light put me off. I'd rather have a 6lb frame and know it can be thrown around. I'm not saying Laird are bad, but they're mostly park frames, and nearly 2lb of the same tubing is quite a bit of removed material

|

9/29/2017 11:11 AM

damn thats sick Laird is the man

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

9/29/2017 1:11 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Laird frames are really nicely priced. A lot of the paint choices bump the cost up a fair bit though, don't they? I think ...more

That's crazy expensive man! Are there any German companies that do customs for cheaper? The paint does bump up the laird prices but I paid I think 475 total with the shipping. I checked out the other companies and even had another guy start on a frame for me and halfway in I found out he didn't really know what he was doing and had the geo all wrong so I cancelled it with him. In the end, I picked laird for the price and he was easy to get ahold of.
I don't do trails and mostly street and plaza type stuff but this thing has held up to plenty well to almost daily riding. He uses thinner tubing and minimal design to keep it light but because his weld and treatment processes are so refined I feel it gives it more than enough strength for what I ride.

|

9/29/2017 3:49 PM

Welcome to the Laird club! I love that color. I ride every style of bmx and I thrash my bike around. Never had any issue with the quality Mike puts out.

|

Smoke Drink Die

9/29/2017 5:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2017 5:51 PM

Welcome to the laird family! My next lairdframe is going to be outer space blue also! Plenty of burly riders ride lairdframes havent had an issue with mine. I plan on ordering atbleast a couple more.

|

brakeless maniac