Mall ledge = 1 year ban

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2013 8:55 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

"Absolutely bummed, security got in my face for riding a bike in the parking lot, now if I go back I'll get a 1 year ban from Walmart and the Mall, just because I ride around. No cars or people to hit, and I'm not vandalising. Not every biker smokes weed and smashes windshields, pissed off how a leisurely sport becomes a threat to society. I was being polite, security sucks. Go back to guarding the mall. So stupid." - My facebook status.

So there's a sick ledge at the local mall, pretty long and really low, so it's super dope to try to grinds and link combos. I'm there alot, and I've been kicked out before, but I've always left and been polite. This one guy gets in my face and yells at me, threatens to phone the police and calls for backup. I was being POLITE. After 5 minutes of his bullshit I started to leave, getting pissed off I said some shit, like "Dude chill out !" and "You're just pissy because you have to guard the mall". They have me on camera and accused me of vandalising. So if I get caught by any security I have a year ban that includes no on property. I'm going to risk it and keep going. It's my sport. What would you guys do?
|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/3/2013 8:58 PM

Crap, posted this to Bike checks, sorry. Admin please change this to the general thread. My bad.

|

My Cult 2 Short

4/3/2013 9:03 PM

Damn blowhards have nothing better to do. Sorry to hear that man. I'm sure you'll find some other good spots though.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

4/3/2013 9:06 PM

i get kicked off federal property all the time... not sure about there... but here its no big deal

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

4/3/2013 9:10 PM

and its illegal to ride downtown here. cop tries giving a ticket = ride away...

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim

n-dür on facebook

4/3/2013 9:10 PM

Its not like that spots that good anyways. That seriously looks like 3 inches taller than a curb.

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

4/3/2013 9:13 PM

just find a better spot. you said its a mall? they're notorious for nice spots

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/3/2013 9:15 PM

dream wrote:

Its not like that spots that good anyways. That seriously looks like 3 inches taller than a curb.

That's why its fun. It slides like butter and since it's small, you can try new shit on it. I can grind higher ledges obviously, thats just the closest legit one.

|

My Cult 2 Short

4/3/2013 9:19 PM

dream wrote:

Mehh, I hear ya man. One of the parks I ride here has a few boxes just a bit taller than that, but they're still fun. I'm old and suck though, so they work good for trying new grinds on without worrying about bailing and breaking a hip lol!

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

4/3/2013 9:40 PM

Best places in the world can almost never be ridden by anything..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/3/2013 11:19 PM

Omg that spot is so dope, I totes can see why you wearin a helmet!

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/4/2013 5:29 AM

Damn that sucks, don't risk it, just find a new spot.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/4/2013 6:04 AM

Thats a curb and how bout you don't do it in front of the Customer Service front window so they don't call security or the cops. It's common sense. Nobody deserves to be put down for only trying to do their job. What if you injured yourself or somebody else? They are held liable, I'd boot you in the ass for talking to me like that. Here's a definition of "Vandalize", maybe you should sharpie it on your bike so you remember the definition before you make yourself look like a dumbass on facebook and tweet about you crying over security yelling at you.

VANDALIZE: (van·dal·ize)
tr.v. van·dal·ized, van·dal·iz·ing, van·dal·iz·es
To destroy or deface (public or private property) willfully or maliciously.

-The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

|

Bikes, Beers, Babes & Rock n' Roll

Ask about me: Volcomstone1224, Wolfen, Gstring02, xIMxAxBIGxBOYxNOWx, yaddayadda, Showtime402, ~Stolen Boy~, Netty Spaghetti

4/4/2013 6:45 AM

I would wait a while before going back, just to get it out of their minds. I was banned from a parking garage here a few years back for riding flatland ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT. No damage to anything, and there were assaults, underage drinking and even a few rapes that night, but the BMXer is the issue.

I waited a month or so and went back, they forgot about it, so no issue. BUT keep in mind, coming back could mean arrest, a criminal record, and if they can show evidence of you grinding a ledge, they could nail you with willful destruction of property, meaning you would have to pay to have it fixed.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/4/2013 6:49 AM

future FBM wrote:

This is why kids are having shit tons of concussions. Seriously, knock that off. There is NOTHING wrong with wearing a helmet at ANY time on a bike.

And for the record, I watched a friend of mine slip a pedal on a 180 in a parking lot, hit his head so hard he had a SEIZURE, and had to be hauled to the hospital in an ambulance. A helmet would have made it nothing more than a mild concussion at MOST. The small stuff is what gets you, because you are confident nothing will happen.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/4/2013 7:06 AM

future FBM wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

This is why kids are having shit tons of concussions. Seriously, knock that off. There is NOTHING wrong with wearing a helmet ...more

Definitely, I knew someone who Fractured there Skull riding normally on Grass. He still doesn't wear a Helmet.

|

4/4/2013 7:53 AM

It's not even that good of a spot...

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/4/2013 8:19 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

You don't even have to hop you just pull up your front end and you just landed a feeble...

|

4/4/2013 9:37 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

andyferly wrote:

You don't even have to hop you just pull up your front end and you just landed a feeble...

no. its hella street. dont you see that his tire is nearly a whole inch off the ground?

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

4/4/2013 12:12 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

This is why kids are having shit tons of concussions. Seriously, knock that off. There is NOTHING wrong with wearing a helmet ...more

Same thing as my friend, I forget if he had a seizure or not, but the concussion was soo bad that if it was any worse he woulda dies. He now has to wear a helmet for pretty much everything (not just walking around obviously, but skating, scooting, or just cruising).

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

4/4/2013 12:43 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

andyferly wrote:

SnM An1mal wrote:

no. its hella street. dont you see that his tire is nearly a whole inch off the ground?

-25 street cred for me.

|

4/4/2013 1:01 PM

andyferly wrote:

SnM An1mal wrote:

andyferly wrote:

-25 street cred for me.

lol

|

Refs:

n-dür on facebook

4/4/2013 4:12 PM

SnM An1mal wrote:

andyferly wrote:

-25 street cred for me.

SnM An1mal wrote:

lol

LOL
Jesus, I can grind other shit, that's 5 minutes away from my house so it's just a fun quick set up. I was thinking about trying backwards grinds on it but I guess I need to find some bigger shit to get more street cred tongue

|

My Cult 2 Short

4/4/2013 4:13 PM

pcoco wrote:

Thats a curb and how bout you don't do it in front of the Customer Service front window so they don't call security or the ...more

What are you, a security officer stalking bikers on Vital? You're really badass, using a dictionary and shit.

|

My Cult 2 Short

4/4/2013 4:25 PM

pcoco wrote:

Thats a curb and how bout you don't do it in front of the Customer Service front window so they don't call security or the ...more

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

What are you, a security officer stalking bikers on Vital? You're really badass, using a dictionary and shit.

Maybe he was a little harsh, but he has a point.
There should be a midway in between you and security guards.
If they ask you to leave, it's because they're trying to do their job, in that case you can't really do much a part of leaving politely.

|

4/4/2013 4:41 PM

andyferly wrote:

If they ask you ...more

I was being polite the whole time, but it was one of those douches that you see on youtube. I'm fine with leaving but when you start yelling in my face and using excessive AND unecessary authority, my manners can only last so much.

I wished I had someone to video tape it, it was ridiculous. I probaly sound like some dick who has no respect to anyone, but it was to the point where thought I was going to get shoved or tackled. And what the comments say, it's a little ledge ; if it was marble or something I would stop, I can buy yellow spray paint it it would look brand new. "Vandalising willful or maliciously" is a bunch or crap. Hey, you left a skid mark after using your brake, you're vandalising you're banned.

|

My Cult 2 Short

4/4/2013 6:25 PM

andyferly wrote:

If they ask you ...more

I was being polite the whole time, but it was one of those douches that you see on youtube. I'm fine with leaving but when you ...more

Fair enough.
I see what you mean, as I said before there has to be a midway.
Next time try not to loose control, I'm talking from personal experience, anger does not bring to anything.
If he was being a douche try to show to him what he's doing, guards are human too, so they will understand, if he doesn't, don't get at his level, be superior!

|

4/5/2013 7:35 AM

bar smiths all day there get shit done hahaha

wheres topsey to back me on this when i need him
!!

|

4/5/2013 7:49 AM

That sucks.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.