Modern Bikes/Alex Johann's Prototype PARK- Bike Check

Related:
Create New Tag

5/22/2012 7:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2012 3:47 PM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Parts List:

Frame : Modern Bikes PARK prototype frame- 21"TT- 3/8" Enclosed D.O.
Forks: 3/8" Fork
Bars : S&M Grand Slam XLT Bars
Stem : S&M Challenger Stem
Headset : Integrated Headset
Grips: ODI Longneck
Barends : ODI
Lever : None
Cranks : Profile Spline Drive 175mm
Pedals: DK Plastic
Sprocket : Tree Spline Drive
Chain : Odyssey Bluebird
Brakes : None
Pads : None
Seat : Modern Bikes prototype Leather 2pc.
Seatclamp : integrated
Rear Wheel : Odyssey Hazard Lite V3 Cassette Female Axle 9T
Front Wheel :Cinema 777 3/8"
Tires : Demolition Momentum Tan Wall Tires- 20x2.35"
Extras: None
Mods: None
|

5/22/2012 7:58 PM

Chrome back rim kills it IMO otherwise, dialed.

|

Refs: mgbmx666, Fit.Team.Rider, SharifZadeh

5/22/2012 8:02 PM

uoykcuf wrote:

Chrome back rim kills it IMO otherwise, dialed.

haha Thanks!

|

5/22/2012 8:08 PM

love it, for some reason the drop out slot looks to "low" in the dropout. like theres a ton of material above it and not much below it

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

5/22/2012 8:22 PM

Warchol2 wrote:

love it, for some reason the drop out slot looks to "low" in the dropout. like theres a ton of material above it and not much below it

Thanks. It's the angle of the pic.

|

5/22/2012 8:25 PM

What's the headtube angle on this? 75?

|

"You might want to get some knee pads and a family pack of chapstick, I'm afraid its going to be a long night for you".-Austin_Read

5/22/2012 8:28 PM

mint, just needs a black rim in the back

|

Refs: netty speghetti, aw1234512[x2], Dudeisdrumer109, daniel21, paVimo, ticaleb, Showtime402[x2], brendan.magner.9
VIDEO OF OUR DIRT SKATEPARK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54l6T-1xEwo

5/22/2012 8:36 PM

skateandbmx14 wrote:

What's the headtube angle on this? 75?

Yes.

|

5/22/2012 8:37 PM

louie101202 wrote:

mint, just needs a black rim in the back

I'll put one on since few requested it already. Thanks!

|

5/22/2012 8:43 PM

so the other frames going to be what?
8.75 seattube
13.5-14 chainstay
11.8 bb height
75 headtube?

or?

oh, and looks nice, either put brakes on it or a black rear rim and itd be perfect.

|

5/22/2012 9:08 PM

Bmxmasta249 wrote:

so the other frames going to be what?
8.75 seattube
13.5-14 chainstay
11.8 bb height
75 headtube?

or?

oh, and looks nice, either put brakes on it or a black rear rim and itd be perfect.

Thanks. Yeah a black rear wheel.

The production models will be:
8.75" S.O.
75 HT
I'll post the full specs pretty soon. smile

|

5/22/2012 9:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/22/2012 9:16 PM

Bmxmasta249 wrote:

so the other frames going to be what?
8.75 seattube
13.5-14 chainstay
11.8 bb height
75 headtube?

or?

oh, and looks nice, either put brakes on it or a black rear rim and itd be perfect.

Jayson718 wrote:

Thanks. Yeah a black rear wheel.

The production models will be:
8.75" S.O.
75 HT
I'll post the full specs pretty soon. smile

even that sounds good! 2 different geo frames is a great idea, alot of brands have different frames yet all of em have the same geo. those are completely different...well, depending on what you do...high bb height on the other one seems like a good idea. could try a crazy high one on one, like 12 lollol. innovative always works, maybe 1 for a test or something? idk.

|

5/22/2012 9:22 PM

Warchol2 wrote:

love it, for some reason the drop out slot looks to "low" in the dropout. like theres a ton of material above it and not much below it

That's not too much a problem anyway, the top part of dropouts have more stress than the bottom because the frame sits on top of the wheel. When you're on the bike your weight pushes the frame down onto the axle which means the top dropout is mostly affected.

|

5/22/2012 11:38 PM

Sick smile

|

2Hi throwaway



Anti-street?

NEWER VIDEO





TRV-950 Footy






Holy shit Chad Degroot posted in my Good porn thread!


VX all day(fixed, raw video, real shit)


Refs: Stayinonmagrind, Dee hos, Kevin Burnett

5/23/2012 8:13 AM

chrome wheel and grips kill it's steez factor.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/23/2012 8:52 PM

Bmxmasta249 wrote:

even that sounds good! 2 different geo frames is a great idea, alot of brands have different frames yet all of em have the same geo. those are completely different...well, depending on what you do...high bb height on the other one seems like a good idea. could try a crazy high one on one, like 12 lollol. innovative always works, maybe 1 for a test or something? idk.

For now there will be one frame coming out this fall. It will be the frame shown but with a few different specs: Higher BB, Higher S.O. 14mm Enclosed Dropouts, lower seat post clamp, etc.

|

5/23/2012 8:55 PM

brianoob wrote:

That's not too much a problem anyway, the top part of dropouts have more stress than the bottom because the frame sits on top of the wheel. When you're on the bike your weight pushes the frame down onto the axle which means the top dropout is mostly affected.

Yeah, it was just the angle of the pic...I'll take another pic level with the axle so you can see the whole dropout. thanks

|

5/23/2012 8:55 PM

Roqfan wrote:

Sick smile

Thanks!

|

5/23/2012 9:01 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

chrome wheel and grips kill it's steez factor.

haha What type of wheel and grips do you suggest?
Some requested a rear black wheel so I'll put one on and upload the pic. Thanks for the feedback.

|

6/4/2012 7:24 AM

Thanks for the feedback/suggestions I greatly appreciate them. We are all about you the rider which is you. So, we have taken them all into consideration: Some of you suggested a Black Back Wheel and Different Color Grips(Black?). So, they will be installed this week!

Thank You,
Joshua S.
Modern Bikes

|

6/4/2012 8:12 AM

Jayson718 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback/suggestions I greatly appreciate them. We are all about you the rider which is you. So, we have taken them all into consideration: Some of you suggested a Black Back Wheel and Different Color Grips(Black?). So, they will be installed this week!

Thank You,
Joshua S.
Modern Bikes

Simple black grips always look better on bikes, i prefer flangless myself. For the rear wheel, if your going to have brakes on this since its a "park frame" id stick with chrome wheels. If your going brakeless you can choose whatever color. I prefer the chrome myself but just matching rims in general look better.

|

6/4/2012 8:35 AM

Bmxican406 wrote:

Simple black grips always look better on bikes, i prefer flangless myself. For the rear wheel, if your going to have brakes on this since its a "park frame" id stick with chrome wheels. If your going brakeless you can choose whatever color. I prefer the chrome myself but just matching rims in general look better.

I'll take photos with brakes(Gyro) and without brakes. We'll see how that looks. And I also think black grips will be a good idea.
Thanks

|

6/4/2012 8:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2012 8:48 AM

Black Grips and Brakes Get Chrome matching rims or brakeless get matching black.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

6/4/2012 8:55 AM

Nike iD wrote:

Black Grips and Brakes Get Chrome matching rims or brakeless get matching black.

I can do that.

|

6/4/2012 8:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2012 8:59 AM

Do you guys like the 2.35 tire look(front and back) or bigger front and smaller rear tire like it's set up now?

|

6/4/2012 10:45 AM

Usually its a bigger tire in front and not so smaller one in back but most kids these days love the big tires in front and back so to show off the tire clearance of that frame which kids care about, maybe two big tires front and back.

|

2Hi throwaway



Anti-street?

NEWER VIDEO





TRV-950 Footy






Holy shit Chad Degroot posted in my Good porn thread!


VX all day(fixed, raw video, real shit)


Refs: Stayinonmagrind, Dee hos, Kevin Burnett

6/4/2012 11:45 AM

Roqfan wrote:

Usually its a bigger tire in front and not so smaller one in back but most kids these days love the big tires in front and back so to show off the tire clearance of that frame which kids care about, maybe two big tires front and back.

I noticed alot of pros riding big tires front and back now. I actually like that look. And what I noticed about the performance is they seem to grip alot better on ramps.

|

6/4/2012 12:08 PM

With a 2.35 in the front you probably want at least a 2.1 or 2.25 in the rear.

|

6/4/2012 10:36 PM

Get a 7KA or Ribcage, for Grips go with some Cult Vans or Fit Techs

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/4/2012 11:00 PM

Bmxican406 wrote:

With a 2.35 in the front you probably want at least a 2.1 or 2.25 in the rear.

Yeah. I'm thinking 2.35 front and back. I actually have one coming in soon to match the front.

|