Mongoose Index 3.0 Blue/Black

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2016 12:32 AM

Hello everyone!!
I used to do BMX when I was a kid and then life happened and I couldn't. Now I want to start again, but I really need a good bike. The problem is, budget is tight!! :'(
Here, I am getting this "Mongoose Boys Index 3.0 20″ Bike – Blue/black" from someone for cheap and I want to hear you experienced people what do you think of this bike. I am planning to get this tomorrow and I need to say yes or no to them, so please help me out!!

Keep in mind, I am still an ameture, the bmx that I used to do back in the day, I doubt that I remember it.

|

8/28/2016 6:16 AM

Welcome bud! From my own experience, I honestry would not get that bike. I have the 2.0 and bearings went bad within a year, brakes shot, and pedals broke. No tricks - Just normal cruising around. So I ditched it and saved up for a $400 BMX bike. I've had the Verde Vex 2015 model for only 3 or 4 days and it's a LOT BETTER QUALITY.

If you can, save up for a good bike. Save $350-$400 go to a couple bike stores and see what you like. It may be hard to save, but trust me, it's worth it in the long run smile

|

8/28/2016 7:46 AM

T-MAN05 wrote:

Welcome bud! From my own experience, I honestry would not get that bike. I have the 2.0 and bearings went bad within a year, ...more

Thanks for the reply
The issue is, I've been looking at bikes for the past 3-4 months. I live in a city where BMX isn't a big deal and hardly anyone sells BMX. The only place I saw a BMX bike was Dicks sporting and they had a DiamondBack which I really don't like.

I think I'll wait and see what I can get. I might have to go to a different city to get a decent bike I think :'(

|

9/15/2016 11:30 AM

hazzzy1994 wrote:

Thanks for the reply
The issue is, I've been looking at bikes for the past 3-4 months. I live in a city where BMX isn't a big ...more

Just order from Danscomp.com, they ship bikes for free. And, they have coupon codes to save you some money. But trust me, it will be a lot smarter to buy a good bike and spend 400 bucks one time than have to keep buying parts for your bike.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

9/16/2016 5:19 AM

Slaytanic Wehrmacht 666 wrote:

Just order from Danscomp.com, they ship bikes for free. And, they have coupon codes to save you some money. But trust me, it ...more

pretty much this...the usual checklist to have for your bike is:

all tubing should be Full Chromoly (top Tube, down tube, seat tube, seat stays and chainstays)
full chromoly fork
sealed bearings in hubs and bottom bracket
double walled rims
chromoly pedal axels

don't skimp in these areas or you will just be throwing money away on repairs

the other parts beyond that can be what they are. Things like tries, grips, seats, brakes etc are supposed to wear down, and then replaced, or are just "eye candy" and lower quality will not be unsafe to your ride.

for $400-500 completes, you can usually find full Chromoly frames, and then some average quality parts
for $500-600 you will be sure of full chromoly and some great parts
above $600 you really can't go wrong with anything that you are getting

I also agree to order rather than just buy cheap in town. Especially if your choice is cheap at a box store. Support Dan's, or SourceBMX, or Albes before you would support crap from a crappy store

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence