My diy raw and rainbow HARO

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2018 5:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2018 2:46 PM

I used a wire wheel to raw the frame bars and forks then went mad with a blowtorch and sprayed the rims. And gave it a good coat of clear lacquer. Also added some rainbow blowtorch to the seat tube (don't worry the frame and welds are all solid and not damaged!)

Came out pretty clean I'll upload some better photos when I can

What's your opinion?

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

4/3/2018 5:52 PM

Looks pretty slick, but doesn't adding heat to completed parts partially weaken the material.

|

4/3/2018 6:06 PM

Hope you don't plan on riding that bike much cause all that grinding and burning seriously weakened the integrity of that metal. Heating metal to that point, where it's "rainbowed", makes its very brittle. I worked as a industrial welder/fabricator for a number of years and know a thing or two about structural integrity.

|

4/3/2018 6:09 PM

rdtrls006 wrote:

Hope you don't plan on riding that bike much cause all that grinding and burning seriously weakened the integrity of that ...more

This.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/3/2018 6:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2018 6:27 PM

rdtrls006 wrote:

Hope you don't plan on riding that bike much cause all that grinding and burning seriously weakened the integrity of that ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

This.

It's all good it shouldn't be weakened in any way it took surprisingly little heat. My dad's a fabricator welder for all his life and now working on the crossrail and I was super careful not to heat it up too hot only slight passes with the torch smile

|

4/7/2018 10:39 PM

Looks cool!

|

4/8/2018 7:50 PM

I’m taking welding currently and I’m not claiming to be the best nor the most knowledge , but I imagine that little bit doesn’t affect the metal all too much .. if you held the torch on a spot it would drastically heat up . It’s only when you hear something up to a high setting then pull the torch away and let it cool rapidly is when metal contracts and weakens .

I think what you did is cool . And anyone who claims a wirewheel is gonna fuck up a weld is an idiot lol .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/9/2018 2:11 AM

The finish is actually really cool. But I think it's overkill having it all the same effect, I reckon it would look better with a solid coloured frame or the other way round... if that makes sense?

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

4/9/2018 4:40 AM

If the stem was the right way up and there were less headset spacers, I'd ride it smile I love a bit of raw!

|

5/5/2018 2:57 PM

I just realized your seatclamp is on backwards. wink

|

5/6/2018 12:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2018 12:48 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

I just realized your seatclamp is on backwards. wink

No it's correct. The entire bike is just assembled the wrong way.

I like this creativity, though! Bike looks solid and unique.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn