My starter bike (united KL40)

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2018 11:35 AM

Hey! I've recently bought this bike. It's used but I'm happy with it. I have no idea about BMX cuz I've been doing skate my whole life. Do you like it? ;D

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/19/2018 11:38 AM

Nice bike but your tires look old.

|

1/19/2018 11:38 AM

I love trans colours, especially dark trans colours

|

Hmmm

1/19/2018 11:51 AM

BcBMX yes.... Indeed I broke'em just today. It literally exploded while I was riding. I'm buying a new ones but the funny part is that I broke them on friday so I'll have to stay home until monday !! hahahahaha

|

1/19/2018 11:52 AM

Does it seem solid enought to last a few years?

|

1/19/2018 11:59 AM

its a very good bike to start with , United and primo parts are very respectable ...you have a nice bike. New chain and grips, new tires and you should be good to go, I suggest a fatter tire on the front and a 2.1 on the back , i run a 2.25 on front and 2.1 , reason is the 2.1 makes it easier to pedal while the fatter tire up front gives you grip and control. enjoy your new bike!

|

1/22/2018 1:35 AM

Stoked you ended up getting this . Looks sick. You’ll be happy with it for sure

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/22/2018 2:50 AM

So much man!!! :D I'm so happy and I was starting to learn some cool things until my wheels exploded. Waiting for the new ones atm

|

1/22/2018 6:04 AM

for a start its not bad at all just upgraded when needed.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

1/22/2018 6:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2018 6:51 AM

Yeah... I'm really glad you were able to grab this. I know it wasn't really cheap but it was considering your area & what you would have paid new! You did good for yourself & you were smart to check here first. That bike should serve you well! Congrats!

|

1/22/2018 10:05 AM

Hahaha... Everything is just thanks to this community and your help. Specially you Mishinn wink I'm finally 25 y/o with a BMX, a dream came true. Better late than never

|

1/22/2018 11:57 AM

whitewidovv wrote:

Hahaha... Everything is just thanks to this community and your help. Specially you Mishinn wink I'm finally 25 y/o with a BMX, a ...more

Don't sweat it, bro.... see my profile pic? That was taken when I was about 20.... in 1987-88ish. So... it's never too late!

|

1/22/2018 12:09 PM

Really man??? You can actually still riding? what differences do you see between now and 15 years ago? I want to be like you. I'm 25 and I feel really old when skateboarding... My wounds heal slower and I'm starting feeling it. The pain is so much more intense...

|

1/22/2018 12:24 PM

whitewidovv wrote:

Really man??? You can actually still riding? what differences do you see between now and 15 years ago? I want to be like you. ...more

You got it already... Slower to heal, etc...; What I have found most helpful is keeping limber. I always try to stretch... the sort of stretching kids are always told to do as kids (when you really didn't need it as much). I try to stretch on a regular basis, even when I'm not riding & don't plan on riding. I'll stretch when I'm sitting around doing nothing. Just to make sure I am limber so when I want to do something physical, I am ready & won't throw my back out or something stupid that will sideline me for weeks. Lastly, I take safety way more seriously now than I did back then. You never know when you will lose balance. You only have one brain. Don't scramble it because you didn't want to put on a helmet.

|

1/22/2018 12:36 PM

I'm taking a lot of safety too, maybe sometimes too much and it makes me feel old because I skate with 15-18 y/o people who cares a fuck about protection. I'm allways shouting them DONT TRY THAT or I close my eyes sometimes when they try something scary.

As I told you... I already almost died doing longboard... That's one of the scariest things I've lived in my life and I still don't remember what happened after that and I don't know how I crashed. I was unconscious for maybe 1 hour bleeding on a road... I was so stupid before that and I was feeling like inmortal.

I feel much better now I know there are people older than me doing things like this. Let's just be happy and fuck everyone. I'm tired of my parents and friends telling me you have to grow up and stop living like you are 14. Thanks for your advices.

|

1/22/2018 2:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2018 2:43 PM

whitewidovv wrote:

Really man??? You can actually still riding? what differences do you see between now and 15 years ago? I want to be like you. ...more

I'm 38 man. You're only as old as you allow yourself to feel / get. Eat right, excersice and taje care of yourself and you should be able to ride for years. I think Dennis McCoy is like 51 or something... Lots of old riders, we started this shit meng...

|

1/23/2018 4:56 AM

whitewidovv wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

I'm 38 man. You're only as old as you allow yourself to feel / get. Eat right, excersice and taje care of yourself and you ...more

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Yep, I'm rolling up on twice your age next month, White. Age is just a number. Take care of yourself & do what you want. Don't let anyone tell you that you are "too old". Funnel that negative energy into getting good so when someone sees you & says "your too old for that..." you can bust out a 360-manual & shut them up.

|

1/23/2018 5:31 AM

hahaha BOOM! In your face!!!!

Do you think I will need to change my bike after maybe 2 years of practice? Or with some experience I would be able to do tailwhips and barspins on this one.

|

1/23/2018 5:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2018 5:42 AM

whitewidovv wrote:

hahaha BOOM! In your face!!!!

Do you think I will need to change my bike after maybe 2 years of practice? Or with some ...more

There's no reason to think you couldn't ride that thing for the next 5 years. It all depends on what happens to it. I mean, lets say you progress really quickly & before you know it, you are doing steep 15 step drops... who knows? You could tweak your frame. That can happen to any frame. In that same scenario, you could tweak your wheels, bars, cranks, pedals.... the list goes on. However, if you somehow were a "light" rider.... really light on landings & smooth on nearly everything, you might not damage anything. It's all happenstance. One thing goes a little wrong & you have to bail... your bike lands in a bad way & your frame bends or snaps. It happens. Overall, I think you will get a lot out of that setup. I don't think you will need to worry about it. In fact, if you stick with it, you'll probably get bored of your bike & want something different long before you destroy it. Just ride within your abilities & don't go trying something you have no business trying at your level of development (dropping off buildings, 360 - 15 step drops, etc...) take everything at your pace & you'll be good.

|