Bike restore: WTP Trust 2008 New parts

Related:
Create New Tag

11/19/2014 1:00 PM

I need some help to indentify my bike. I Got it in 2009 from a friend and i restored it back then but with no idea of good parts or something. I just know it has an WTP fork and PRIMO cranks. I want to know the brand of the bike.
Photo

Photo

|

11/19/2014 8:50 PM

I think it's a wethepeople trust 2009 or maybe 2008?

|

11/20/2014 12:19 AM

Looks like you're right i've searched it and found it. Thanks for you're help!

|

11/26/2014 3:14 AM

Is it any good to rebuild it? i got a 'damaged' Profile mini rear hub ( need to replace the driver ) an Odyssey hazard lite rim ( almost new ) and a Salt front wheel. or is it better to but a new bike? i really love the looks of the Sunday Aaron Ross ex of 2013.
i would need to change the bars, tires, sprocket and other small parts.

|

11/26/2014 4:42 AM

youre probably better off sticking with this unless you do want to buy a new complete but when you get the new complete you then might want to change parts on that and will end up spending loads of money, obviously if you have loads of money go for it but buying new parts for a bike youve already got is a good way to go as you can customise it better to your personal preferences

|

11/26/2014 5:08 AM

Well i was just looking at what i would need to change and i guess it would be almost the same. Also the new bike would stay the same for a while.i would only upgrade when i need to replace things but thanks for the reply man

|

11/27/2014 4:03 AM

Well i'm gonna restore it. The bike will also get a new look with fresh paint. Because i love the looks of the sunday Aaron Ross ex of 2013 i will do something similair. Only i change the Orange for auqa and get some homemade decals.

|

11/28/2014 7:08 AM

Parts ordered: Odyssey hazard lite black, Primo n4 White front hub and a 9t driver for the profile mini hub (its an aqua).
Also i have found a 25t sprocket. Can't wait to ride it!

|

12/1/2014 2:48 PM

The primo hub isn't in stock so they will send an other one the colony wasp was the same price so maybe they send that one.
Here's already the main idea i want to get.
Photo

|

12/2/2014 1:19 AM

gunna look fresh man, keeping a brake?

|

12/2/2014 1:54 AM

Thanks man! Yeah i'm keeping it i've always use a brake it gives le lore confidence i guess.

|

12/2/2014 3:49 AM

Daliracing wrote:

Thanks man! Yeah i'm keeping it i've always use a brake it gives le lore confidence i guess.

Me more* i was just awake :D

|

12/2/2014 4:28 AM

Daliracing wrote:

Daliracing wrote:

Me more* i was just awake :D

I would also suggest getting a pivotal seat post and a fat seat. Personally I like fat seats because they're more comfy and make the bike stand out more in a way.

You're choice on the colour if you decide to buy a new seat and post. I would get a black seat and post as it won't look or get as dirty when you ride in the rain/dirt or just ride in general. But this is just an option and it's all up to you.

|

12/2/2014 5:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2015 6:36 AM

JannyUK wrote:

I would also suggest getting a pivotal seat post and a fat seat. Personally I like fat seats because they're more comfy and ...more

Well i was thinking about a pivotal seat post and seat but as my budget isn't that big i will ride what i got here and replace it when needed. I got this seat from 2010 and i kept it pretty clean i guess. I've cleaned it with soap (Dreft don't know if you guys know it) and a small brush and it works good. Thanks btw for your opinion!

|

12/4/2014 5:40 AM

Got the tires. I went to my lbs today and he got some tioga powerblock tires 20x1.95 and because he normally doesn't sell bmx stuff i got them for free (it also a great friend of me).So i will run these till they need to be replaced.

|

12/5/2014 7:55 PM

Daliracing wrote:

Got the tires. I went to my lbs today and he got some tioga powerblock tires 20x1.95 and because he normally doesn't sell bmx ...more

Thats great smile well enjoy your bike! feels great once you have fully restored the bike and started to ride it. You should maybe make a bike check on your profile and keep people updated on how your restoration goes. I did it with mine but just deleted the pics and put updated pics so far.

|

12/6/2014 2:45 AM

Daliracing wrote:

Got the tires. I went to my lbs today and he got some tioga powerblock tires 20x1.95 and because he normally doesn't sell bmx ...more

JannyUK wrote:

Thats great smile well enjoy your bike! feels great once you have fully restored the bike and started to ride it. You should maybe ...more

thanks for the reply! well i can do that but i'm just new here so i have to figure it out how it works here :d looks like it can be a nice topic then when i keep you guys updated.

|

12/10/2014 3:08 PM

parts arrived and are on the bike just need to add the chain and the brake cable. the brake is an odsy evo 2 and the lever one of tektro. I also start to doubthing because it looks nice atm and i don't know if i'm gonna paint it again.

|

12/10/2014 3:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2014 3:25 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

sorry for the crappy pics but this is how things stand atm. the bars are the same as on the first pic i stripped it back to the chrome. I did use sandpaper but i got a great polishing product and i think it turned out pretty good.
|

12/10/2014 6:55 PM

This is gonna be sick. I love transformations

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/11/2014 1:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2014 1:38 AM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Thanks man! but i don't know if its gonna be repainted what do you think would be best?

|

12/11/2014 11:25 AM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Daliracing wrote:

Thanks man! but i don't know if its gonna be repainted what do you think would be best?

Theres a couple things you could consider just depends on budget

1. Rattlecan/clearcoat paint job
2. Powdercoat
3. Dip the frame in some cool design

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/11/2014 1:27 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Daliracing wrote:

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Theres a couple things you could consider just depends on budget

1. Rattlecan/clearcoat paint job
2. Powdercoat
3. Dip the ...more

I was thinking about those things powdercoat would be done in the same colours i guess and the design well i would look like the aaron ross ex 2013 bike but with other colours i would also add some selfdesigned stickers or something like that. My dad put the whole bike in 3d so i can check how things will look like. here is a link to the 3d bike: https://grabcad.com/library/wethepeople-trust-2008-1
enjoy man!

|

12/11/2014 4:44 PM

Not bad not bad. Should look sick.

|

Smoke Drink Die

12/11/2014 5:02 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Not bad not bad. Should look sick.

thanks man! but i have to wait cause its to cold outside in the summer it will get painted

|

12/17/2014 7:29 AM

rode the bike for a test (just on a straight) and i must say it rides alot better then before! but i'm thinking to change the gear ratio to 28/9. if i do that what would be a good sprocket? i've looked some up like the sunday sabretooth, odyssey hawk and the s&m tuffman. whats the best choice? also i maybe want to chancge the forks to but thats for later and when i would change it could be an odyssey r32.

|

12/17/2014 10:46 AM

Daliracing wrote:

rode the bike for a test (just on a straight) and i must say it rides alot better then before! but i'm thinking to change the ...more

Odyssey hawk and definitely change the fork to Odyssey forks

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/17/2014 2:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2014 2:18 PM

Daliracing wrote:

rode the bike for a test (just on a straight) and i must say it rides alot better then before! but i'm thinking to change the ...more

MaximusBikes wrote:

Odyssey hawk and definitely change the fork to Odyssey forks

Thanks for the reply! Well i really start loving Odyssey parts i know about the forks they have they are very nice i guess and whats the biggest difference between the sabretooth and the hawk? Does Odyssey make them both? Also i change the forks when this one breaks or anything. I have to pay for shool and it isn't cheap so i take my time to change mayor parts.

|

12/18/2014 12:56 AM

this is looking really fresh man, lets see some clips of you riding it soon as well! also have a look at the odyssey dugan sprocket, its a bit more pricey than the ohers i think but its has square teeth and is a dialled sprocket that will last you ages, (square teeth sprockets are more durable and personally i think look cooler)

|

12/18/2014 4:34 AM

Well i'm kinda new to bmx i had this for 4years but it never saw a park so i have to learn everything. I will look at the dugan sprocket. Also i have made soms new designs and i can't choose between them so will be hard i might add them later on!

|