New paint job.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/10/2020 11:57 AM

Got hold of a Wethepeople Trust. Was bit scruffy. So decided to give it a pearl paint job Nuclear red.the pic really does not do the paint job justice.
Photo

|

10/11/2020 7:55 PM

Good buy on the Trust. Some really nice components on that one. Be curious to see the paint outside in good light.

|

10/13/2020 7:34 AM

upnsmoke wrote:

Good buy on the Trust. Some really nice components on that one. Be curious to see the paint outside in good light.

Really sparkles in the sun, Mate has asked me to do his, going to have a go at candy apple red, got his frame all prepared, just waiting for paint to be delivered, Nice thing about being retired i do have a lot of spare time, the weather here is pretty shit so not riding much at the moment.

|

10/13/2020 8:42 AM

looks good!

|

It’s all bmx

10/15/2020 3:09 AM

Playing with a bit of candy. Am happy with my first attempt.
Photo

|

10/15/2020 7:31 AM

All sorted, it looks a bit orange in pics, but it is a proper red
Photo.

|

10/15/2020 9:07 AM

Del wrote:

Photo

Did you use a piece of netting for the stencil there? How did you stick it, just spray adhesive? That turned out solid.

|

Come back with a warrant.

10/15/2020 9:29 AM

Del wrote:

Photo

Dad_Im_Pregnant wrote:

Did you use a piece of netting for the stencil there? How did you stick it, just spray adhesive? That turned out solid.

Just wrapped netting around tubes, held on tight with clothes pegs from underneath.

|

10/15/2020 9:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2020 9:34 AM

Del wrote:

Photo

Dad_Im_Pregnant wrote:

Del wrote:

Just wrapped netting around tubes, held on tight with clothes pegs from underneath.

Is there like a thick line of overspray underneath?

I imagine you could do with with spray adhesive and avoid it, but cool concept nonetheless.
I always wanna do something unique with my bike's paint, but then it always ends up either matte black or raw, so i can appreciate when other people do it. lol

|

Come back with a warrant.

10/15/2020 10:25 AM

Dad_Im_Pregnant wrote:

Del wrote:

Dad_Im_Pregnant wrote:

Is there like a thick line of overspray underneath?

I imagine you could do with with spray adhesive and avoid it, but cool concept nonetheless.
I always wanna do something unique with my bike's paint, but then it always ends up either matte black or raw, so i can appreciate when other people do it. lol

No black underneath as i never intended to go all the way round.

|

10/15/2020 10:08 PM

Del wrote:

Photo

Not only is that cool but looks like it was executed me super well. I dig it man! Making me wanna paint something before winter hits

|

10/16/2020 12:39 AM

Very nicely done!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

10/18/2020 8:12 AM

More paint ordered. a bit more candy. Photo

watch this space.

|

10/18/2020 10:01 AM

Is that color a silver/gold base coat with candy on top?

|

10/18/2020 10:54 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

metalic silver base coat.

|

10/18/2020 11:31 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Del wrote:

Gotcha, yeah candy paint can look so cool, and a mile deep.. Those metallic base coats seem to always be softer than regular paint, do you find candy paint chips easier because of that?

|

10/18/2020 11:36 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Del wrote:

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Gotcha, yeah candy paint can look so cool, and a mile deep.. Those metallic base coats seem to always be softer than regular paint, do you find candy paint chips easier because of that?

It's got a few coats of 2K laquer to protect it, Have used 2K on other bikes and never had a problem, it does need a bit of time to really harden though.

|

10/18/2020 1:54 PM

The netting pattern you did looks so good. Smart man !

|

10/19/2020 12:58 PM

Had a little play with some cling film today. Photo

|

10/21/2020 10:05 AM

Got another project. Full chromoly Kiss frame.

Photo

|