New school feel, old school flair

Related:
Create New Tag

8/23/2013 9:05 PM

My bike.
Photo

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

8/23/2013 9:09 PM

Intresting, parts list?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/23/2013 9:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/23/2013 9:34 PM

WTP Justice 2011 frame
Odyssey R25 forks
Bone Deth Deadman Sean Burns bars
Kink Alpha grips
Odyssey GSX detangler
SST Oryg upper cables
Eclat Sniper brake handle
Odyssey headset
Kink TL stem
Primo 19mm BB
Mission Transit cranks
Odyssey JCPC pedals
Odyssey 27t sprocket
Shadow conspiracy seat post
Kink seat
Odyssey Slic cables run London mod
Odyssey Evo 2 brakes
Kink street2 pegs
Skyway tuff2 sealed mag wheels w/ 9t cassette
Odysse Aitken P Lytes front and rear. Rear 1.95 front are 2.25 I believe...

Still in progress... gonna put a Mekanik half trak chain
And possibly add some hub guards in the front if I can find some that fit.
Possibly some alloy bar ends as well, and an Odyssey detangler cable on the upper.
But it's mostly complete.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

8/23/2013 9:40 PM

Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/23/2013 9:42 PM

haha.reminds me of mag wheel guy

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/23/2013 9:45 PM

Couldn't help the mag wheels. Grew up in the 80's.
Still kinda stuck there...
Lol.

|

8/23/2013 9:46 PM

I'm not sure how i feel about mags in the rear but front is cool with me

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/23/2013 10:58 PM

boston wrote:

Couldn't help the mag wheels. Grew up in the 80's.
Still kinda stuck there...
Lol.

80's had spoke wheels also. Looks cool!

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/24/2013 5:09 AM

Thats badass man, when it comes to a chain avoid the mechanik one like the plauge. look into the Shadow if you want half link or fly tractor/odyssey bluebird for full link.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

8/24/2013 6:08 AM

So good

|

It’s all bmx

8/24/2013 10:01 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Thats badass man, when it comes to a chain avoid the mechanik one like the plauge. look into the Shadow if you want half link ...more

Thanks for the advice.
Did some research. Probably gonna go with cult instead. Seems solid, and solid is all that matters to me. A lot of mixed opinions on the Shadow... but I do want to slam the back wheel, so I know I should go half link. Tried slamming with my current chain, and full length chains won't work for that, unless I overtighten massively...

|

8/24/2013 5:05 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Thats badass man, when it comes to a chain avoid the mechanik one like the plauge. look into the Shadow if you want half link ...more

boston wrote:

Thanks for the advice.
Did some research. Probably gonna go with cult instead. Seems solid, and solid is all that matters to ...more

You could get a half link to put in your chain.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/24/2013 5:58 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

boston wrote:

Thanks for the advice.
Did some research. Probably gonna go with cult instead. Seems solid, and solid is all that matters to ...more

Mikel8149 wrote:

You could get a half link to put in your chain.

I know. Just hate the way it looks. I'm OCD as hell. It would drive me crazy just knowing it's there. Lol.

|

8/24/2013 6:19 PM

LOVE THIS THING!!!! I've been wanting to build one with the Skyway 9t sealed wheel set! Great to see some more of us old goats on here, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/24/2013 7:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2013 7:22 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

LOVE THIS THING!!!! I've been wanting to build one with the Skyway 9t sealed wheel set! Great to see some more of us old goats ...more

Something about the nostalgia effect...
I know modern spoked wheels have overcome a lot of the problems they used to have, and are lighter, and in most cases superior to mag wheels. But come on, THEY'RE MAG WHEELS!!!
They get awesome points because. Lol!
They do ride sweet though. Had some Alienations on there originally. Truing wheels is such a huge pain. Do wish these were actual mags as opposed to the nylon/fiberglass composites though. I do prefer the modern gearing ratios, so I'll take em till the real deal pops up again. Seems to be trending, so it's only a matter of time.

|

8/24/2013 7:21 PM

so sick.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/24/2013 7:42 PM

boston wrote:

I know modern spoked wheels have overcome a lot of the problems they used to have, and ...more

I was looking at these, but got a great deal on my 48 spoke Gsport wheels, so I may get some of those for my next build. The 9t cog also won't work with my current chain, so that will also wait for the odyssey keychain to hit the shelves. I'm no ballerina, so I like my bikes bomb proof.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

8/24/2013 8:52 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

LOVE THIS THING!!!! I've been wanting to build one with the Skyway 9t sealed wheel set! Great to see some more of us old goats ...more

boston wrote:

I know modern spoked wheels have overcome a lot of the problems they used to have, and ...more

Chuck8273 wrote:

I was looking at these, but got a great deal on my 48 spoke Gsport wheels, so I may get some of those for my next build. The ...more

Same here. 220lbs = f'ed up spokes on hard landings. Hence my affinity for old school solidity.

|