One Peg? THAT'S INSANE! (Pic Heavy)

Related:
Create New Tag

11/7/2012 8:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2012 1:35 PM

EDIT: MORE PICTURES!

I've been playing around with my pegs, and I've come to the conclusion that pegless grinds are fun, but not pegless smiths, since when you miss, you eat whatever you're grinding. I've settled at one peg for now

Frame: S&M BTM 21" TT
Fork: S&M Pitchfork XLT-T
Bars: Fit Sky High 8.25x29
Stem: Eastern Deceptikon - (gold clamp because I broke the original one and they sent me this)
Cranks: Odyssey Twombolts LHD
Sprocket: Odyssey MDS 25t
Pedals: Odyssey Jim C Original Magnesium
Chain: Odyssey Bluebird
Bottom Bracket: Kink, Odyssey, and FBM parts just slapped together. 22mm obviously.
Headset: United cap and top bearing, fly bottom bearing.
Grips: ODI Stay Strong
Seat: Fit Barstool NEW
Barends: Metal Wedge-Style. I'm not sure what they're called. My friend gave them to me 3 years ago.
Peg(s): Eastern Bird. You can catch me riding 0, 1, or 2 pegs. Tried 3 and didn't like it, and used to ride 4 years ago, but I've settled at 1.

WHEELS

Front:
G-Sport Birdcage
G-Sport Marmoset
Odyssey Spokes
Fit FAF 2.25 Tanwall NEW

Back:
G-Sport Rollcage
G-Sport Ratchet with guard
Odyssey Spokes
Fit FAF 1.95 Tanwall NEW

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

This is it with black wall tires before I painted the pedals and barends black.
Which do you like more?

[LINK TO IMAGE]

ALSO! Cute kitten watches BMX with me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

11/7/2012 8:26 PM

looking dialed

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

11/7/2012 8:43 PM

Looks sick, how's that Barstool seat?

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/7/2012 8:46 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Looks sick, how's that Barstool seat?

Incredibly comfy. I used to run 3 fingers of post, but now that my seat is wider, easier to pinch for suicide no handers, and more comfy, I decided to bump it up to a full fist. Seat's great. I love the feel of it, as well as that comfort.

|

11/7/2012 10:26 PM

Looks sexy. after seeing this I may consider getting a s&m frame for my new setup

|

11/7/2012 10:32 PM

settled at one, haha

|

11/7/2012 10:59 PM

tanwalls on your bike are how the french would say "le-git"

and my bro runs only 1 peg simply for hang 5s

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

11/8/2012 5:03 AM

i used to run 2 pegs in the front and none in the back and just did pedal and crank grinds :p but i love peg bonking so i had to throw 2 pegs on the back

|

11/8/2012 5:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2012 5:05 AM

oh also would you reccomend the rollcage rims? i wanted to get a set of em for my new front and back wheels

|

11/8/2012 5:13 AM

wnb85 wrote:

Looks sexy. after seeing this I may consider getting a s&m frame for my new setup

S&m frames are sooo solid. If recommend them greatly. Glad I could be an influence on your decision :D

|

11/8/2012 5:17 AM

Warchol2 wrote:

tanwalls on your bike are how the french would say "le-git"

and my bro runs only 1 peg simply for hang 5s

Thanks man I've been riding for so long I've tried every peg arrangement there is, and I went back and forth between 2 pegs and none. I just kind of figured out that one peg is perfect for me because I love peg less grinds, but missing a peg less smith at speed is deadly and I learned that by getting tossed over the bars repeatedly.

|

11/8/2012 5:18 AM

alright man ill get them then , and this is making me wanna go pegless one day at the skatepark and have a grind only day

|

11/8/2012 5:20 AM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

oh also would you reccomend the rollcage rims? i wanted to get a set of em for my new front and back wheels

I'd highly, highly recommend anything I have, especially the wheels. I've had the rag her to rollcage for about 3 years now laced 4x and I'm pretty ruthless on wheels, as I blew the shit out of my last set. You really just can't go wrong with gsport.

|

11/8/2012 5:23 AM

if i ordered the wheel from danscomp would they do 4x?

|

11/8/2012 5:29 AM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

if i ordered the wheel from danscomp would they do 4x?

You can ask them to do 3x or 4x. Both ways are perfectly acceptable with 36h, but 3x is easier to replace broken spikes and keep true, but 4x is slightly stronger. The way I started with peg less grinds was the fact that I would be peg less at spots with my friends who ride 4 pegs, so a lot of the spots were ledges, as well as at the skatepark. I got curious because mike aitken had always been my idol, and I've seen him do stalls peg less. I tried a few smiths to start, then went to double pegs, and then feebles.

|

11/8/2012 5:40 AM

Soo sick and you're not the only one i got a friend who rides one peg, but he does it to only hang five he doesn't ride as much now but he can hang five really long

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

11/8/2012 6:15 AM

Looks good! my buddy runs one peg but its in the rear. he thinks smiths are the ugliest trick. he's a dirt monster though.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/8/2012 6:20 AM

andyferly wrote:

Soo sick and you're not the only one i got a friend who rides one peg, but he does it to only hang five he doesn't ride as much now but he can hang five really long

Thanks dude. I love the look of smith to manual! How could you not like smiths!? Haha

|

11/8/2012 6:24 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Looks good! my buddy runs one peg but its in the rear. he thinks smiths are the ugliest trick. he's a dirt monster though.

Thanks dude. I haven't tried hang 5's in a long time. They were just too scary, to be honest, when I tried them before, but I'm trying to get better at nose manuals since I think they're cooler than 5's.

|

11/8/2012 8:34 AM

I really like it, except for that small ass tire in the back. Why such a huge difference. Why not 2.25 and a 2.10?

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

11/8/2012 9:55 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Skooter wrote:

Thanks dude. I haven't tried hang 5's in a long time. They were just too scary, to be honest, when I tried them before, but I'm trying to get better at nose manuals since I think they're cooler than 5's.

Mixed up the quotes lol
Anyway yeah nose mannys look much better, i'm pretty good at hang 5 i can do quiet long ones i'm just too scared to hop on to the while going over something like those small "ledges "(Curb height) but yeah once you get your balance point you should be good and also if you go too much forward just jump over the bars
I need to improve nose manuals, not that good with those sexy bitches

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

11/8/2012 10:32 AM

Skooter wrote:

Incredibly comfy. I used to run 3 fingers of post, but now that my seat is wider, easier to pinch for suicide no handers, and more comfy, I decided to bump it up to a full fist. Seat's great. I love the feel of it, as well as that comfort.

Sounds great, may pick one up soon.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/8/2012 12:06 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

I really like it, except for that small ass tire in the back. Why such a huge difference. Why not 2.25 and a 2.10?

Haha I get that all the time... I used to run really small tires front and back, 1.95 would always be my front, 1.85 and 1.95 in the back. I tested around, trying eastern curb monkey 2.3 front and fuquay(Spelling?) flyer 2.3 in the back, and it was too big and WAY too slow.. I thought, because I was stupid, that a 2.25 faf was smaller, so I got that in the front and tried another faf 2.25 in the back, then an animal asm 2.1, then momentum 2.0, then aitken 1.95 k-lyte, and I always loved the smaller tire in the back more, which is why I kept getting smaller. I did, however, like the feel of a big beefy, grippy faf that I could run at 110 psi so it wasn't as slow as a big tire usually is, and I decided to go 1.95 in the back again, because that's the smallest size faf and I wanted to try them out as more than a front. Long answer. Sorry. Had to be thorough haha

|

11/8/2012 12:14 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Skooter wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Mixed up the quotes lol
Anyway yeah nose mannys look much better, i'm pretty good at hang 5 i can do quiet long ones i'm just too scared to hop on to the while going over something like those small "ledges "(Curb height) but yeah once you get your balance point you should be good and also if you go too much forward just jump over the bars
I need to improve nose manuals, not that good with those sexy bitches

Woops!
Yeah for nose manuals, I'm just afraid of going over the bars in that position. Like, I've said it before, but I do pegless smiths here and there, and I'm not afraid of going over on missing one. With a nose manual it's different. I can bonk like a champ, and nose manual short manny pads, but that's only with good speed, and I'm way too afraid to hit a ledge above like 8 inches with a nose manual going that fast haha

|

11/8/2012 1:36 PM

Looks sexy

|

I'm a mom that still rides lil kid bikes - old/midschool GT BMX guru
refs: TCbmx(x3),Ecuadevil(x2), Ron44ald, Spikez5, The Balt, Pleasedontdeleteme(x2), Aguers(x2), Effigy(x3), Warchol2, Dees Hos(x2), ScramHype, Showtime402, Sancheezz, Phocraken(traded), pcoco, Nike ID,1of1547,aw123412,BEASTASSDICK(x2), mike_1033,russellonabike, Fad3r, Chuck8273, verdecustom,FreddyDapice, bmxscout48

11/8/2012 1:43 PM

netty speghetti wrote:

Looks sexy

Thanks

|

11/10/2012 12:29 AM

Sexy beast, brother! (The bike) haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/10/2012 7:37 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Sexy beast, brother! (The bike) haha.

Haha thanks! I was hoping you meant the bike =P

|

11/10/2012 12:12 PM

Look clean af! I love my BTM.

|

11/10/2012 1:43 PM

Is it just me or does the box in the newer Fit Sky High bars look bigger than previous versions?

|