Peglessus

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2016 12:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2016 11:01 PM

Please forgive me for the amateur photos. It's really hard to take a picture of Peglessus, because the glare from the reflections are slightly blinding. Anyway this bike is for flow riding only with no pegs ever so that's why I named it Peglessus and of course she rides smooth.

Frame: Kink Titan
Fork: Demolition Elite
Bars: S&M Grandslam
Stem: Madera Mast
Headset: Odyssey Pro Conical
Grips: Cult Ak
Bar ends: Shadow Conspiracy Deadbolts
Lever: Shadow Conspiracy Sano
Cranks: Profile Racing
Pedals: Deluxe F Lite
Sprocket: Madera Helm
Chain: Cult Halflink
Brakes: Odyssey EVO II
Seat: Fiend Ty Morrow
Front Hub: Madera
Rear Hub: Madera Cassette
Rims: Primo VS
Tires: Maxxis Grifter
Detangler: Shadow Conspiracy
Cables: Odyssey

Photo
I messed up on the London mod so I put regular gyro cables for now.

Photo
The Empire Cat Waylon rides with me for Luck (whether it's good or bad is another story).

Photo
REPRESENT! All parts are from Empire BMX!

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Best brakes evarrr!

Photo
I love these pedals even though they eat shins.

Photo
Photo
Rear hub pic.

Photo
Front hub pic

Photo
The Mast stem is a work of art. I use it on every bike build.

Special Thank You's to skullybike (2013 cult butter) and dave_lawrence (the chrome Federal he used to own) for inspiring me to build this bike. Even though dave kept saying to add in some color for "pop" I am happy with the results.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

1/29/2016 1:43 PM

Deloriaaann to the 80's and boom this is from it

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/29/2016 2:04 PM

lol that short reach stem looks so wierd but so much fun, i have the 54mm version of it and i wanna try the short one now lol

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

1/29/2016 3:25 PM

Is that the shortest Mast Stem Madera does?

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

1/29/2016 3:42 PM

chop that lower cable!!

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

1/29/2016 3:44 PM

aussiebmxer wrote:

chop that lower cable!!

Yep it's the 36mm rise one in polished.

|

1/29/2016 3:45 PM

Lol I qouted the wrong one but there's yer answer

|

1/29/2016 4:46 PM

i'm not typically a fan of that much chrome but this looks awesome and has all killer parts.

if you had plastic pedals it would've killed the entire bike...the aluminum is the perfect detail.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

1/29/2016 4:48 PM

Honestly, you should find clear grips and someone should make clear tires.

ONLY because CHROME.

I dig it. Makes me miss my chrome stuff.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/29/2016 5:27 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

lol that short reach stem looks so wierd but so much fun, i have the 54mm version of it and i wanna try the short one now lol

It's fun and feels responsive yet not twitchy. I switched to their shortest stem to experiment and haven't gone back since.

|

1/30/2016 9:03 AM

the kitty Waylon sold me so hard on Empire. i know it's a weird thing to take away from this, but it's a little black kitty!

wish they had a paper catalogue. i looked for one.

dude is it possible to get a vid of maybe Peglessus in motion? to see the shine. speaking of, how do you keep your eyes in front and not look down at the sparkle? ;p i couldn't do it!

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/30/2016 2:30 PM

deepdiarrhea wrote:

the kitty Waylon sold me so hard on Empire. i know it's a weird thing to take away from this, but it's a little black kitty!

...more

My next step is to invest in a decent all around camera and compatible tripod for edits, so I'm researching and shopping around.

The Empire cat Waylon is a real cat by the way. There are videos of him on the Empire BMX instagram. I think he lives in the shop, but he is the pet of Thomas Williams, the owner of Empire.

I'm goofy footed and ride chaotically so looking down at my bike while riding would put me in danger. Since riding this bike though I notice everywhere I go people stare at Peglessus. I haven't rode it shirtless yet, but I bet when I do I will get double the stares for obvious reasons lol.

|

1/30/2016 2:33 PM

Another strange thing is sometimes when I am idle on Peglessus random people come up to me and ask if I sell weed for some reason o_O

|

1/30/2016 4:56 PM

Photo

I was very close to getting a black Titan myself. What's the top tube length on this horsey?

(potheads are attracted to shiny things)
|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/30/2016 5:22 PM

BMXism wrote: Photo

I was very close to getting a black Titan myself. What's the top tube length on this horsey?

(potheads are attracted to ...more

It's 20.5' TT with the mid BB (Titan's usually come in Spanish BB, however Kink does offer Mid BB option). I usually ride 21" TT, but my other bikes are already that size so I wanted to try something different. The shorter frame and stem with the slammed rear wheel really make this build zippy. According to my platform scale Peglessus weighs 22 Ibs and 4 ounces.

|

1/30/2016 5:27 PM

It's an awesome ride. Looks like a ton of fun to mess with.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/31/2016 3:53 AM

Lots of chrome.
Love the way it looks. Great job man

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

2/1/2016 7:37 AM

Must be hard riding with an erection all day.... nice bike lol

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

2/1/2016 9:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2016 9:23 AM

Buzzbegone wrote:

My next step is to invest in a decent all around camera and compatible tripod for edits, so I'm researching and shopping ...more

DUDE you can get Waylon SOCKS!

http://www.empirebmx.com/empire-bmx-socks-waylon

get the socks and ride shirtless in black and white themed checkered boxers with the socks and a big pot leaf necklace on

haha dude you'd be the topic of conversation over multiple dinners. wait wait you need a grill, too...

i don't really get the weed thing, but maybe it's the bling nature of Peglessus wink you just need a pet shark now. wait until the 5-0 start messing with you just for being shiny on the sidewalk.

*edit* curious about what camera you'll end up with. that's on my list, too. really want a high-speed 1k+ fps camera, but would also really like to keep the 1k+ dollars they cost tongue

good luck finding the perfect one!

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

2/1/2016 10:29 PM

deepdiarrhea wrote:

DUDE you can get Waylon SOCKS!

http://www.empirebmx.com/empire-bmx-socks-waylon

get the socks and ride shirtless in black ...more

I don't frown upon people who smoke weed, I'm just not into that kinda thing myself. I do have friends who are street pharmacists, but they are very discreet; although they dress clean and mean they flash no bling.

At our main family estate in Austin, TX, currently lead and occupied by my Grandpa, we have a pond behind the house with lots of koi fish (sorry no sharks lol), a wooden bridge, and a stream that's kinda like a river that leads to a fountain near the courtyard behind the front gates.

The camera I'm considering at the moment is the JVC GC-PX100 Camcorder $850USD; it looks like the most bang for buck to me...still expensive though :{

|

2/1/2016 10:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2016 11:03 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

LOL what the hell?! You and other members f*cking ride sexy as hell bikes yourselves so I don't understand what you mean!

Thank you all very much for the compliments I wasn't expecting so many. I took Peglessus to my local park for the 1st time today and there were no other BMX riders around the time I went. There were just 3 skaters doing their own thing by the rail obstacles so I didn't bother them and just practiced by myself in the bowl. When the skaters were leaving one of them came by me and said, "I just wanna tell you that your bike is fugly" then he left.

I don't care what other people think usually, but that kinda hurt my feelings a little. I've rode my other bikes to that same park before and no skater, BMX rider, or person ever went out of there way to tell me those bikes were unattractive.

Anyway reading all of your compliments makes me feel better so thank you again.

|

2/2/2016 5:48 AM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

Buzzbegone wrote:

LOL what the hell?! You and other members f*cking ride sexy as hell bikes yourselves so I don't understand what you mean!

...more

Haha your bike is nicer...

Also it was pretty clear that skater didn't know anything about bmx, since he said your ride was ugly.
Pretty sure his board looked like a piece of shit compared to your bike.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

2/2/2016 5:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2016 5:53 AM

Buzzbegone wrote:

...more

i know this sounds cliche, but man he's just jealous for real. people tend to try to drag others down, or devalue some other aspect, instead of being inspired to raise themselves up to a higher level. we all know it's true.

note that he spent the whole session not saying a word, but felt he had to comment when leaving? clearly he was eyeballing Peglessus from the moment you arrived, and finally decided the grapes were sour. if he felt so strongly he could have rolled over anytime and spoken, but wanted to wait until he could make an easier escape in case you were the type to wild out

don't let that crap bother you, you worked too hard, put in too much care, devotion, dedication, and time to let some random punkass try to take your good vibe (and good time) it away from you. it was pointless, and really just a hateful thing to do sad

i'd show up as often as possible just to get a feel for when he's there, then make it a point to be there like a shining chrome ghost haunting his footsteps whistling

*edit* btw like you said, all of us are digging it, one random guy said he doesn't like it...a thousand compliments vs some prick rofl he's clearly retarded or has no taste

|

2/2/2016 8:35 AM

Buzzbegone wrote:

My next step is to invest in a decent all around camera and compatible tripod for edits, so I'm researching and shopping ...more

my kitty is the same breed as Waylon, hes a bombay lol
Photo

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

2/2/2016 12:16 PM

Also makes me wanna lose the front brakes, get a cassette and hit the trails.

*Sigh* despite the lack of em locally.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/2/2016 7:59 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

...more

Fuck him man. This bike looks amazing. It makes me miss the glare from my old chrome bars in the sunlight

|

2/2/2016 9:00 PM

You flashy motherfucker... I love it. I'm prolly gonna buy a 36mm/42mm madera mast or 40mm sm enduro. Right now i got a 51mm cult salvation. Could you tell me how a short ass stem affects your hops, manual, nose and spins? Thanks dude.

|

2/2/2016 10:49 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

You flashy motherfucker... I love it. I'm prolly gonna buy a 36mm/42mm madera mast or 40mm sm enduro. Right now i got a 51mm ...more

I'll try to explain from my experience as best as I can, because it may be different from you of course.

1st off, my height is 5"7, I have slim long-ish arms (as you can kinda tell from my profile pic) and I usually ride a 21 TT frame. I began experimenting with shorter stems and frames on my 2014 bike build "Ben L". It was the first bike I used a short stem on a 20.5 TT frame.

Regarding hops, with the shorter frame and stem it's easier for me to hop "on demand" whether it be on flat ground, a slope, ramp, etc. However on my other two bikes that have both a 21 TT and 51mm stems I can hop way higher than my current setups with the disadvantage being that I can not just do it immediately. They require some speed/buildup before hopping while my current setups I can hop even if I'm practically just standing still.

On manuals it's easier to begin the manuals on my shorter setup, while on my longer frames/stems it's harder to begin a manual, but once I get it going I can hold for a longer length of time.

I really don't feel a difference in nose manuals, because that's the one trick that is my weakness. On both setups I can barely nose 3-4 seconds at best and that would be after many attempts/failures.

Barspins feel the same on both setups, except that on my shorter frame/stem builds I can only use bars with a width of 28-29 inches. I tried to use my Perfect 10s on my current set up and every time I barspinned I ended up hitting myself or the bars grazed me.

Also wanna say that 180s, 360s, and tailwhips don't feel that much different except that my longer frame/stem setups need more buildup is all.

|

2/3/2016 1:08 AM

JonnyGanja wrote:

my kitty is the same breed as Waylon, hes a bombay lol
Photo

LOL how adorable!

|

2/3/2016 4:09 PM

thanks for the lengthy and in detail reply dude!

|