Poor Compe BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

3/4/2015 10:51 AM

Hi all,

I'm here to show you my bike, is really normal, bus it will hold up fine for some time...

Its a GT Compe 2014 model, the raw looking frame.

While it doesn't have good parts, they all come together to a nice looking bike smile

The top tube is 20.5, kinda small, but it is what it is, couldn't afford a larger one in my country AND, there isn't many available to choose so...

As someone recommend me, I'm starting with manuals, then bunnyhops and then 180s smile I will have a few months to learn, I don't learn fast...

Some pics

Photo

Photo

|

3/4/2015 11:35 AM

Hey your bike is not poor i like it you should to not everyone can afford a good custom bmx bike when they first start bmxing. This is your first bmx bike you are learning tricks so i said it a good bike just buy parts when they break also take off the reflecter it will look better. I think you still have a good bike everyone had a stock bike once in a while.

|

ref-momoney brought a frame.

3/4/2015 11:45 AM

KidZappy9990 wrote:

Hey your bike is not poor i like it you should to not everyone can afford a good custom bmx bike when they first start bmxing. ...more

Thanks KidZappy!

Yes, I have to take of the reflectors, but seemed to be all one with the pedal, I will check again...

Funny story, in my country they have come with this law that make the bike shops to give you a "security" kit, it includes, mirrors, reflectors, lot of them, a ringer, and back AND front light xD

The first thing I take off of the bikes are those ugly reflectors...

|

3/5/2015 6:43 AM

Looks decent, just change the seat angle and bar angle and would be dialed.

|

3/5/2015 12:19 PM

Thanks smile

How would you adjust the angle of the bar?

I did adjust the seat angle to the same as tt

|

3/5/2015 7:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2015 7:27 PM

Make your bars the same angle of your fork.

|

3/6/2015 5:22 AM

It keeps you riding and thats priority. Ride that thing with pride

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

3/6/2015 6:31 AM

NewAndImprovedClancy wrote:

Make your bars the same angle of your fork.

Looks good man! on the bar position subject thats all personal preference, putting them at the same angle as the forks is a good starting point but you might find you like them more back or forward. i personally line them up with the forks and just nudge them a hair forward.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/6/2015 7:01 AM

Thanks a lot!

I adjusted the bar, and it feels good.

I was trying to manual, I still can't make my mind to lean back more, bit I will get it...

Any help to avoid the urge to pedal to bring the front wheel up? I just can't make my stupid body to think and not push the pedal :/

|

3/6/2015 2:36 PM

Just some more pics... I guess the bar is OK now, I lowered the seat cause it was killing the inside of my knee while I'm riding stand up and no pedaling...

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/7/2015 8:07 AM

Keep it like that.

|

3/9/2015 1:23 PM

Thats a sweet bike, i like it alot. Dont worry about not having good parts, you gotta start somewhere right? Hope you learn some good tricks man, i am a beginner to, you'll get good, just put time into it thats what i need to do aha smile

|

3/9/2015 2:27 PM

datguycal wrote:

Thats a sweet bike, i like it alot. Dont worry about not having good parts, you gotta start somewhere right? Hope you learn ...more

Thanks datguy, I hope to learn something haha, I'm keeping it simple... I can't watch too many videos cause I will start to get anxious tongue

|

3/9/2015 3:10 PM

mrs1986 wrote:

Thanks datguy, I hope to learn something haha, I'm keeping it simple... I can't watch too many videos cause I will start to ...more

same here aha, but yeah sick back man, feel free to check mine out i posted it a bit ago

|

3/9/2015 3:20 PM

datguycal wrote:

same here aha, but yeah sick back man, feel free to check mine out i posted it a bit ago

I will smile

|

3/10/2015 11:31 PM

Its clean dude lovin it

|

3/11/2015 12:47 AM

i would ride that! tbh it looks like a custom

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

3/11/2015 3:06 AM

Thanks a lot for the kind comments!!

|

3/11/2015 5:18 AM

Start with some new black wall tires, then it will really look like a custom bike!

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

3/14/2015 7:34 PM

Do you think some black tires will make it look better? I was thinking in a blue stem for it, an animal front load in blue (is the cheaper at 25) and the merrit crosschecks grips in blue and some blue pedals maybe? I really liked the gum grips and pedals, but blue may go better with the bike...

|

3/14/2015 7:37 PM

Yes. Blue parts and black tires

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

3/15/2015 10:40 AM

How much would affect me the front load stem? The bars will be a little lower won't they? That's better for the bike control or it would be worse?

I'm still learning how the bike reacts, how to turn, make it do what I want, slow progress, slow progress

|

3/15/2015 1:52 PM

mrs1986 wrote:

How much would affect me the front load stem? The bars will be a little lower won't they? That's better for the bike control ...more

Just. Ride. It. It is a good bike. The only thing to change would be a stem. Just get a odyssey sexton in black. Those tires are great. Just keep it all the same.

|

3/15/2015 2:37 PM

I usually need a knock in the head when I get into something... I get obsessive with things... So, I think your comment is a good stop for my stupid "buy all you can" addiction...

Thanks a lot, I will get the grips and maybe the pedals and that's it for now, will replace as it breaks...

|

3/17/2015 9:09 AM

Looks good! Gt is a great starter company. Expect your pedals to be replaced VERY soon, like maybe within a week you may notice them cracking. My recommendation for new pedals: stolen thermalite pedals if possible. Your sprocket will probably be next to go, but that is after like a year of a lot of riding. Everything else, pretty quality parts. Enjoy your new bike!

|

3/17/2015 9:32 AM

Great looking bike. Save your money, replace only what you break, or what you need to to make it fit you better.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

3/17/2015 10:43 AM

Yes the grips are a must, the stock are horrible, too hard...

And the pedals, I always break them and aside from that the pins are all crooked already, and I haven't spend much time on the bike, I study 5hs and work 9hs so there isn't much time during the week to break them like that lol

|

3/29/2015 10:51 AM

Ok, I can't with myself so... Here is a pic... Still waiting for the color to dry... Is a transparent green.

Photo

|

3/29/2015 10:55 AM

Holy crap that looks good.

|

3/29/2015 10:58 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Holy crap that looks good.

It looks waaaaay better in person smile I guess it helps my brother is a professional automotive painter...
Will update when assembled in a couple of hours...

|