Predator

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2017 9:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2017 9:32 PM

Found my old 2006 stock bike (whats left) in the dirt under a pile of wood in my side yard. My 3rd bmx bike (2nd GT) the GT Fueler. Ugly yellow paint, rust and spider webs.. but I saw some potential in the garbage. I had enough spare parts, so I decided I wanted to build a trails only ride. The bike was ridden for a year of mostly street before I got my first aftermarket frame. I stripped it, sprayed flat black fades with can(even filled in GT's little engravings), covered it all with 2-3 layers of automotive clear. It's a heavy bike, but I'm glad its rebuilt.

I found out that Stephen Murray rode the same frame back then, so I stenciled a quick 'staystrong' under the down tube. Mirra passed during this little project, so there's a small '74DM16' above the lower section of the down tube as well. And an alloy 'GT' badge from my second bike.
Photo

here it is. The beater bike.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Frame: 2006 GT Fueler 4130, 20.75
Fork: GT Dirt 4130
Bar: Fly Montana v1, 8.5
Stem: Odyssey Tomahawk
Cranks: Truvativ 175
Sprocket: Truvativ, 33t
Pedals: Tree Alloy (grip taped)
Chain: KMC 410
Headset: Origin8 integrated (hidden headset)
BB: Truvativ, Euro
Seat: United x Cinema
Seat Post Clamp: FBM Hose
Tires: Alienation Differential 2.10
Front Wheel: Proper Magnalite v1 hub - Odyssey Hazard lite rim
Rear Wheel: Shadow Rant v2 hub (9t) - Gsport Ribcage rim (48)
Spokes: Primo
Valve Caps: Cinema
Grips: Duo Cranmer
Brakes: Odyssey Springfield
Brake Lever: Odyssey Monolever
Brake Cable: WeThePeople Vector
Cable Hanger: Shadow Sano
Cable Holder: Shadow Sano

For the future: I might get the GT og 4pc in 9.125 black, so I can flip the stem. I really wanted to use an old Fit ECCD rail seat, but couldn't find the rest of the post. And maybe Gold "fueler" stickers for the top tube.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/22/2017 10:09 PM

Badass dude ! Stay strong that's rad !

|