Questions from a beginner

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2019 4:53 PM

Hello

I'm currently trying to find a good starter BMX. I saw this one and thought that it was interesting: https://www.amazon.ca/Mongoose-Legion-Freestyle-20-Inch-Wheels/dp/B07GNDF1HH/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mongoose+legion+l100&qid=1559083016&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Can i get a better one for the same price? Also, the top tube is 21 inches and im 5'7. Is it gonna be ok?

|

5/28/2019 9:56 PM

That’s about the best (on paper) for the money that’s out there. We recommend it frequently. 21” may be a little long, but it’s an ideal starter bike

|

5/29/2019 12:21 PM

For sure a good one. Even though typically riders your height would prefer a shorter toptube, you'll be fine, especially if you're still growing.

For future reference, questions like these can go in the "General BMX" forum. smile

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

5/29/2019 3:17 PM

Thanks for all the answers!

I still have one question, I heard that this bike could have problems with pegs (due to the lack of space?).
Is it real?

|

6/12/2019 11:39 PM

I would buy a full chromoly frame if I were you

|

6/13/2019 3:12 AM

Plouk wrote:

Thanks for all the answers!

I still have one question, I heard that this bike could have problems with pegs (due to the lack of space?).
Is it real?

I realize I’m a bit late in answering, but the answer is yes and no.

The end of the peg that sits against the dropouts and where the axle slides through varies in thickness between different pegs. Not by a ton, but companies don’t specify the measurement either, so it might take a bit of asking around, unfortunately.

Unless, have you already got the bike and figured it out?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn