S&M Tall Boy first complete custom build

Related:
Create New Tag

6/6/2018 1:34 PM

I got the frame for a price I couldn’t pass on which then spawned this build.
Still waiting on Twisted pro’s, GSport uniguards and I haven’t made up mind what pegs yet.
Also gotta give a shoutout to Odyssey customer service. After a few days riding I started to have an issue with the chrome on my front rim and after a few emails and pictures they are sending me a new one.
Frame : S&M Tall Boy 21.25 TT
Forks: WTP Sterling Pete Sawyer sig.
Bars : 10” S&M Fu-bar
Stem : Daily Grind Barkeep
Headset : Daily Grind
Grips: Daily Grind
Barends : Daily Grind
Lever : Odyssey medium monolever
Cranks : Odyssey Thunderbolt 170mm
BB : Odyssey
Pedals: ÉCLAT
Sprocket : Primo Neyer 25T
Chain : BSD
Brakes : Odyssey Evo 2.5
Pads : Odyssey
Seat : Merritt SL1 leather
Seat post : Daily Grind
Seat clamp : integrated
Rear Wheel : GSport ribcage chrome
Rear Hub : Demolition Whistler
Front Wheel : GSport ribcage chrome
Front Hub : GSport Roloway
Tyres : Cult Dehart 2.35 gum front and rear
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/6/2018 4:13 PM

Gorgeous.

|

6/6/2018 5:33 PM

Thanks. I’m pretty damn stoked with the frame and how it all feels.

|

6/6/2018 7:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2018 10:34 PM

So legit.... the frame, the cranks, the bars, the forks, the wheels.... i usually like the all gum vs the black-wall on chrome rims, but i see you're tying in the black... besides, the gum walls usually get scuffed up from grinds... i can dig it... that stem is so clean...

|

6/6/2018 10:33 PM

OldNinTheWay wrote:

So legit.... the frame, the cranks, the bars, the forks, the wheels.... i usually like the all gum vs the black-wall on chrome ...more

Thanks, I appreciate that.

|

6/7/2018 5:42 AM

Really like green and gum combo.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

6/7/2018 6:51 AM

Damn.....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/8/2018 4:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2018 9:46 AM

YEAH!!! Another Tallboy!!! Gotta love a fellow S&M rider! I love that green! It isn't for everyone but I have a thing for green. When I got my frame, I already had a trans gold bike but I couldn't pass up the deal so now I have two. THEN, while waiting for shipping, etc... I went to the S&M site to check out the specs, etc... (like drooling over the sears catalog just before Christmas back in the day!). That's when I saw the green & was sorta bummed. LOL. Anyway, great build! Keep the rubber side down... or up.... or..... well, just keep landing on the rubber side!!!

|

6/8/2018 6:57 AM

Thanks the trans green looks pretty good in person and it was a chance to do something a little different.
I do my share of drooling at the S&M site and if I find a deal on amother one it’ll be tough to resist.

|

6/12/2018 9:44 PM

That is an astoundingly beautiful bike. Wonderful job.

|

6/13/2018 3:42 AM

Absolutely lovely bike. I have a bit of a thing for tallboy frames even though I'm a total short arse myself.

|

12/13/2018 9:05 AM

the best frame!

|

3/30/2021 7:38 AM

fooby wrote:

Absolutely lovely bike. I have a bit of a thing for tallboy frames even though I'm a total short arse myself.

I know this is an old post but I'm a shorter guy too, recently ordered a 20.75...looking fwd to trying the geo

|

3/30/2021 4:03 PM

fooby wrote:

Burnzy149 wrote:

I know this is an old post but I'm a shorter guy too, recently ordered a 20.75...looking fwd to trying the geo

The "Tall Boy" is mainly a reference to the 5" tall head tube. At the time it was one of the first (if not the first?) to have that feature, but is now pretty common on most modern frames (your Mutiny Comb frame actually has a 5" HT).

The .25" shorter TT length, .5° steeper HTA and .15" taller BBH should make your new Tall Boy frame feel more nimble and compact than your Comb frame.

|

3/30/2021 6:11 PM

fooby wrote:

Burnzy149 wrote:

Bryan91 wrote:

The "Tall Boy" is mainly a reference to the 5" tall head tube. At the time it was one of the first (if not the first?) to have ...more

Unless he gets the v1, with the regular 75 head angle and longer chainstay. V2 got steeper and shorter

Also sick bike

|

3/31/2021 4:49 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Unless he gets the v1, with the regular 75 head angle and longer chainstay. V2 got steeper and shorter

Also sick bike

True, but him saying "recently ordered" pretty much makes it a 99% chance it's a V2.

|

3/31/2021 6:16 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

The "Tall Boy" is mainly a reference to the 5" tall head tube. At the time it was one of the first (if not the first?) to have ...more

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Also sick bike

Bryan91 wrote:

True, but him saying "recently ordered" pretty much makes it a 99% chance it's a V2.

Right, if it was a new recent purchase it’s gotta be da v2

I’d fuck with the v2, I have a v1 but it’s too big for me sad gonna keep it tho cuz maybe one day I’ll want to ride it again

|