Ignore The Scumday Scroll Down To The Ivy 3

Related:
Create New Tag

3/11/2014 8:52 AM

So With My New Frame Arriving Tomorrow & Parts Will Be Arriving Over The Next Few Months, So I Decided To Dig Out My Old Sunday & Put It Together With Numerous Bits & Pieces I Have From Old Bikes. I Call This The Scumday, You'll Understand When You See The Photos!...

Frame:
Scumday Second Wave 21" Fully Brakeless - Was An Ian Frame, Cut The Post Off...

Front End:
Shittyssey Director Fork - Steerer Tube Cut Almost To The Threads
with Tree H.24 Compression Bolt
Odyssey Integrated Headset Bearings
with Quamen I-Cap
Tree Collet Drop Load Stem
Stranger Thrash 8.69" 4-Piece Handle Bars

Grips & Bar Ends:
Fit Benny L Flangeless Grips
Animal Plastic Bar End Plugs

Seating:
Tree Ergo Fat Microfiber Pivotal Seat
Animal All Day Pivotal Stump Post
Animal JD Chromoly 6mm Seat Clamp

Drive Train:
KMC Pintle Half Link Chain - Waiting On My New Chain Breaker To Arrive!
Tree OG 25t Bolt Drive Sprocket - US Made & I Filed It Out To 15/16" YEARS Ago
Primo Hollowbite 175mm Crankset with Ti Spindle
Awaiting The Arrival Of An Animal BB, Using Profile Column Cones From The Spanish Version.
Eclat Surge PC Pedals - WAAAAAY To Narrow For Moi, Need To Buy Something WAAAAY Wider!

Front Wheel:
Animal GLH-R 2.10" Kevlar Folding Tyre
Random Tube
Electrical Tape Rim Strip
Fly Bikes Classic Front Rim
Profile Mini 36h 3/8ths Front Hub
D.T Swiss Competition Double Butted Spokes
D.T Swiss Pro Lock Alloy Nipples

Rear Wheel:
Animal ASM 1.95" Tyre
Random Tube
Electrical Tape Rim Strip
Fly Bikes Classic Front Rim
Profile Mini 36h 10t RHD 3/8ths Race Axle Cassette Hub
D.T Swiss Competition Double Butted Spokes
D.T Swiss Pro Lock Alloy Nipples
Profile 8mm Head Axle Bolts

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

The Next Two Photo's Are Well Retarded LoL... Basically, I've Was Reading Some Idiot Online Saying Real Street Riders Write Messages On Their Rims, Frames etc & I Happened To Have Left H2 Running & Some Weird Ass Alien Program Was On & I Got A Divine Inspiration. This Is Was Came Of It....

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

3/11/2014 9:19 AM

Those forks are awful so it goes with the name haha. I also believe you're the first person I've seen with the collet DL stem haha. Other than that it looks awesome to ride!

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

3/11/2014 9:57 AM

yeah im set on the directors.....but any ride with thrash bars, hollowbites and an ASM.... = automatically awesome, in my opinion.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

3/11/2014 10:06 AM

I'm just about to swap out the Sunday Frame for an Ivy 3 ST Frame in an equally beat up Raw colour haha. I LOVED My Ivy 3 & My Old Man just told Me it's boxed up in our shed, So He's gunna go grab it whilst I take the Scumday apart, I'll take some more photos in a minute!

|

3/11/2014 11:08 AM

With Directors = ERRRRRRR! No Go!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

With Cult Sect V.2 Fork = MUUUUUCH Better!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

I'll get some better photos tomorrow the sun's going down & it's sort of semi light right now. A few things like the fact this Frame is Brakeless but the Head Tube is drilled for Removable Tabs haha.

|

3/11/2014 12:09 PM

Looks waay better.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

3/11/2014 1:22 PM

looks much better with the cult forks. Nice ride.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/11/2014 1:42 PM

So rad! reminds me of my hawk with that raw color.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/11/2014 3:03 PM

*Puts bike together with old/spare parts*

*Still better than my bike*

|

3/11/2014 3:19 PM

StoreBoughtChild wrote:

*Puts bike together with old/spare parts*

*Still better than my bike*

pretty much, same happen with his wheels and mines

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/11/2014 4:00 PM

This is the the Product of years of putting every penny You have into BMX. My Phone is 5 Years old, My Laptop is 6 years old & held together with Sellotape! I cannot take full credit for this Bike. My Dad won some money about 5 years ago & bought Me the Frame & Wheels, then the Crankset was a birthday present about 5 years ago also. most of the parts range from 5 to 8 years old. There's one or two parts that are a lot newer than that, there's a few that are under a year old & then the Seat Clamp I actually got this year! I'm stoked on the way this turned out & My New Bike will be the first all new Bike I've had in 6 Years! I'm lucky to have the opportunity to get this new Bike & it will last Me another 5 or 6 years! I buy a few Parts like different Frames to try out etc. I'll post another comment explaining the why I'm getting the New Bike...

|

3/11/2014 4:15 PM

As some of You know, last year I was diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. It's a Degenerative Nerve Disability that in the end would have caused Me to loose the use of My Right Arm completely! WELL!.... A couple of weeks ago I went to the Pain Management Clinic & the Doctor there confidently UN-Diagnosed Me! He said I have Severe Chronic Pain. He told Me on average it takes 2 years sometimes a little more, but I will be able to come off the Morphine all together & lower the levels of the other Pain Killers I'm taking which is a huge plus because not only does it make Me feel like wank, over a long period of time it damages Your innards! He happened to Ride MTBs & Road Bikes! He told Me that if I wanted to stay on a 20" I would have to make some pretty big changes to My Set Up to adjust My Posture on the Bike. I have a 21.5" Frame being delivered tomorrow, I'm not 100% Sure I'll be able to get along with it, but I thought I've ridden 21.25" Frames before, So I'd step up to the BIG Frame & see how it works out! Taller, Wider Bars. I've ordered 9" Bars that are 30" Wide (They WILL Be Cut To 29"/29.5"!) & I've got a few Parts ordered like Steeper Offset Forks & I'll be getting 165mm Cranks, The Frame has Geo that technically should make the Bike easier to Maneuver & Ride. This Bike will be Set-Up to make sure I can Ride for A LOT longer. If I carried on with the 20" x 13" Bikes full time It could literally be a couple of years before I had to stop! with this Bike & the correct physio, stretching etc I can be Riding for as long as I really want tbh. The Doctor said to Me, the best way to build up tolerance to Riding, Is to RIDE! I was pretty stoked about that, I want to Ride, SOOOOOOOO Bad, It's been quite some time & I miss riding like most of You will probably never understand!.. Things have been pretty Fucking Hard for Me in the last few years & Riding was always an escape for Me & not being able to Ride just made things worse! I cannot wait to sort this out, get Riding again & show off My Beautiful New Bike! smile

|

3/11/2014 7:55 PM

Bumping This Seeing As Ecuadevil Seems To Have Bumped Every Bike Check He's EVER Made For Some Reason dizzy

|

3/11/2014 8:33 PM

Sick as always topsey, really like the way collet looks for some reason

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/11/2014 9:20 PM

I know what You mean. I've always loved it, but for some reason it just looks "Right" on this Bike, It might be the Big 4-Piece Bars maybe? dizzy I really do like the Ivy 3 & I think I might show it some love when the weathers a bit better. Strip whats left of the Clear Coat & SUPER FIN GRIT Wet & Dry the rust off & do My VERRRRY Best not to actually scuff up the Tubing & ruin the beautiful Super Therm Tubing underneath! If I do, Once project TwentyOnePointFive is finished I'll see about Spraying it a really deep dark Burgundy/Maroon Colour Me Thinks! smile

|

3/12/2014 9:48 AM

If you ever fancy swapping/selling that Ivy hit me up mate, I'll take it in a heartbeat

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

3/12/2014 10:00 AM

Topsey wrote:

As some of You know, last year I was diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. It's a Degenerative Nerve Disability that in the end would have caused Me to loose the use of My Right Arm completely! WELL!.... A couple of weeks ago I went to the Pain Management Clinic & the Doctor there confidently UN-Diagnosed Me! He said I have Severe Chronic Pain. He told Me on average it takes 2 years sometimes a little more, but I will be able to come off the Morphine all together & lower the levels of the other Pain Killers I'm taking which is a huge plus because not only does it make Me feel like wank, over a long period of time it damages Your innards! He happened to Ride MTBs & Road Bikes! He told Me that if I wanted to stay on a 20" I would have to make some pretty big changes to My Set Up to adjust My Posture on the Bike. I have a 21.5" Frame being delivered tomorrow, I'm not 100% Sure I'll be able to get along with it, but I thought I've ridden 21.25" Frames before, So I'd step up to the BIG Frame & see how it works out! Taller, Wider Bars. I've ordered 9" Bars that are 30" Wide (They WILL Be Cut To 29"/29.5"!) & I've got a few Parts ordered like Steeper Offset Forks & I'll be getting 165mm Cranks, The Frame has Geo that technically should make the Bike easier to Maneuver & Ride. This Bike will be Set-Up to make sure I can Ride for A LOT longer. If I carried on with the 20" x 13" Bikes full time It could literally be a couple of years before I had to stop! with this Bike & the correct physio, stretching etc I can be Riding for as long as I really want tbh. The Doctor said to Me, the best way to build up tolerance to Riding, Is to RIDE! I was pretty stoked about that, I want to Ride, SOOOOOOOO Bad, It's been quite some time & I miss riding like most of You will probably never understand!.. Things have been pretty Fucking Hard for Me in the last few years & Riding was always an escape for Me & not being able to Ride just made things worse! I cannot wait to sort this out, get Riding again & show off My Beautiful New Bike! smile

That's so cool to hear! Happy for you man! Don't break your teeth anymore though. Stuff like that makes me cringe so hard!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/12/2014 1:14 PM

Sweet Ivy 3 what size?

|

REFSREFS: Four, agfracing, bmx4life121303, Austin_Read, the balt, handlebar-to-face, Murtaugh, killjonken, Bmx&volkswagens, TCbmx(x2), spikez5, A08, SuperstarDK, blizzbikes, ecuadevil, BMX4Lyfee, Kroller, 2283kdogg, ShadowBmx1995, WeAreFucked, killedglamour, Showtime402, ScramHype, Prophet, 2wheelguy, ugot2dewitt, Sancheezz, tomdon five16-207-nine457

3/12/2014 1:46 PM

where did you get the OSS sticker?

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

3/12/2014 3:15 PM

nshs2010 wrote:

Sweet Ivy 3 what size?

21" Top Tube

|

3/12/2014 3:16 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

From Mr. Grandmaison, You can get them from The Come Up Webstore & They'll ship the Stickers to You for FREE. smile

|

3/12/2014 4:24 PM

I liked the directors!

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/12/2014 4:30 PM

Sweet ride as always Jon.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

3/14/2014 1:49 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Topsey wrote:

From Mr. Grandmaison, You can get them from The Come Up Webstore & They'll ship the Stickers to You for FREE. smile

I only just realized the Dub sticker... I have it in the exact same place on my bike

|

3/14/2014 8:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2014 8:01 PM

I'm gunna post another Bike Check in the next couple of days, probably over the weekend, basically whenever I can be arsed lol. I'll explain what happened with it all a bit more in the New Thread. But basically, I bought this Frame ready to build a New Bike & then when I went to the Pain Management Clinic the Doctor there told Me I needed a WAAAAAY Bigger Bike! If I'd have gone literally like 2 or 3 weeks before I wouldn't own the Frame I'm Bike Checking & would be a little further on with the SECOND New Frame I got which has a 21.5" Top Tube & It's EPIC! Mind You, The Bike I'm Bike Checking is pretty Fucking Nice too! smile

|

3/14/2014 10:30 PM

Topsey wrote:

I'm gunna post another Bike Check in the next couple of days, probably over the weekend, basically whenever I can be arsed lol. I'll explain what happened with it all a bit more in the New Thread. But basically, I bought this Frame ready to build a New Bike & then when I went to the Pain Management Clinic the Doctor there told Me I needed a WAAAAAY Bigger Bike! If I'd have gone literally like 2 or 3 weeks before I wouldn't own the Frame I'm Bike Checking & would be a little further on with the SECOND New Frame I got which has a 21.5" Top Tube & It's EPIC! Mind You, The Bike I'm Bike Checking is pretty Fucking Nice too! smile

Why not get a 22"/24"?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/14/2014 11:38 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Why not get a 22"/24"?

I've ridden 24" in the past & they're just so far from BMX for Me that they aint gunna happen....

22" However, I really did think for a couple of weeks about a 22" even planned out a Custom ATF Brakeless, a few Geo tweaks & then I just couldn't do it! Even after seeing Chucks beautiful ATF being built, He kept Me up to date via Email! I just can't do it. They aren't a BMX to Me! BMX's have 20" Wheels!

The 21.5" doesn't actually look all that big! I've ridden 21.25" Frames in the past, one with similar Geo to the 21.5" Frame I've got ready to build now actually, I'm 6'1 in My Shoes (lol) & I know a guy who's 5'8 on a 21.5" Frame! People told Me I couldn't ride 20" Frames & I got on just fine with them! 1 person even told Me I'd bin it after a week! Well I rode My Custom FBM for probably 8 months & then the Benny for 3 maybe 4 before I had to put the Bike down because My Shoulder got SO Bad, getting out of bed in the mornings was hard sometimes let alone Riding! Everything is getting sorted out, the 21.5" will have 9" Rise Bars with an Upload Stem & I MIGHT, just MIGHT see about getting 10" Bars with a Regular Top Load at a later date if the Bars I've been told about actually make it to reality!

I guess the 21.5" is My last ditch attempt at staying on a 20" BMX. I'll be working on My Shoulder A LOT over the next Year/2 Year period & I'll be going on Holiday with Eddi & My Buddy Baz in August & that will be My first big test of how well the physio is working, but the Physio has told Me the best way to build up a tolerance for Riding is to well Ride! So I gotta give it a good go! I'm VERY happy with how well the 21.5" is coming along & give it 2 possibly 3 Months from now & There will be a Bike Check smile

IF, the 21.5" does sadly not work out the way I really am hoping it will, then I will see about the 22". There is NO WAY IN HELL I will be getting a Fixed Gear/Track/Road Bike!!!!!!! & I'm not really all that bothered about MTBs either it will HAVE to be something BMX Related so a 22" ATF would be the way I'd have to go!

Wow Haha, That's A LOT Of Reading To Do There! 1 More Topsey Essay For You All To Read! laughing

|

3/15/2014 6:31 AM

Topsey wrote:

I've ridden 24" in the past & they're just so far from BMX for Me that they aint gunna happen....

22" However, I really did think for a couple of weeks about a 22" even planned out a Custom ATF Brakeless, a few Geo tweaks & then I just couldn't do it! Even after seeing Chucks beautiful ATF being built, He kept Me up to date via Email! I just can't do it. They aren't a BMX to Me! BMX's have 20" Wheels!

The 21.5" doesn't actually look all that big! I've ridden 21.25" Frames in the past, one with similar Geo to the 21.5" Frame I've got ready to build now actually, I'm 6'1 in My Shoes (lol) & I know a guy who's 5'8 on a 21.5" Frame! People told Me I couldn't ride 20" Frames & I got on just fine with them! 1 person even told Me I'd bin it after a week! Well I rode My Custom FBM for probably 8 months & then the Benny for 3 maybe 4 before I had to put the Bike down because My Shoulder got SO Bad, getting out of bed in the mornings was hard sometimes let alone Riding! Everything is getting sorted out, the 21.5" will have 9" Rise Bars with an Upload Stem & I MIGHT, just MIGHT see about getting 10" Bars with a Regular Top Load at a later date if the Bars I've been told about actually make it to reality!

I guess the 21.5" is My last ditch attempt at staying on a 20" BMX. I'll be working on My Shoulder A LOT over the next Year/2 Year period & I'll be going on Holiday with Eddi & My Buddy Baz in August & that will be My first big test of how well the physio is working, but the Physio has told Me the best way to build up a tolerance for Riding is to well Ride! So I gotta give it a good go! I'm VERY happy with how well the 21.5" is coming along & give it 2 possibly 3 Months from now & There will be a Bike Check smile

IF, the 21.5" does sadly not work out the way I really am hoping it will, then I will see about the 22". There is NO WAY IN HELL I will be getting a Fixed Gear/Track/Road Bike!!!!!!! & I'm not really all that bothered about MTBs either it will HAVE to be something BMX Related so a 22" ATF would be the way I'd have to go!

Wow Haha, That's A LOT Of Reading To Do There! 1 More Topsey Essay For You All To Read! laughing

Lol Jon! No one can ever accuse you of giving quick half hazard answers, can they? Okay, Here's the thing with 22" wheel bikes. They Don't look like 24's. Not even by a long shot. They only feel slightly larger than a 20, until you get back on one, that is. My wife has the G7 frame in 21.25, and it feels noticeably smaller when I hop on hers, but I can still ride it. The oldest boys is also a 21.25, but his bars and stem make his whole setup feel super small. I will be building another 20" before too long though. Cant wait!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

3/15/2014 8:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2014 8:34 AM

I cannot wait to see what 20" You come up with Chuck! (Email Me Your Thoughts!!!) You should look into a Frame from the "Secret Company" I got My 21.5" from! I cannot even begin to explain the QUALITY of the Frame! The Welds are SUPERB! O.K It has nothing on the High Tech Gadgetry that a lot of the Tai Frames have, But Good LORD the little finer details it does have are B-E-A-UTIFUL!!! I REALLY Cannot wait to get all the Parts in & get it Built Up! Round 1 will be shipped out on the 19th/20th so a week / week-1/2 later will be with Me! I'll obviously send You a pic or two! wink

I'm just old fashioned I guess when it comes to the whole 20" vs 22"/24" Wheel Bikes! If I really have to, I'll get Myself a Custom ATF! Street-IFY it a bit more lol. I guess more like a 22" Randy Brown Frame.

Only Time Will Tell I Guesses! grin

|

3/15/2014 2:02 PM

tree ergo slim seat 25 euro yes or no?

|