Street Sunday build

Related:
Create New Tag

3/6/2016 7:48 AM

So hey everybody. I just finished my sunday to exactly the specs I want so I will post a bike check to show it off. I am so happy with how it turned out. One thing you may notice is that I don't just follow one colour way. The colours on the bike is just pretty much what the lbs had for cheapest lol. Without further ado, let's get into the bike check!
Bar Ends- odyssey par ends
Grips- odyssey Dugan grips
Bars- sunday triumph XL bars 8.5 high and 28 wide
Stem- sunday freeze topload
Headset- odyssey integrated headset
Fork- kink foundation fork 26mm offset
Front wheel- odyssey vandero 2 hub laced to an odyssey quadrant rim
Front tire- éclat fireball tire in 2.4 wide
Frame- sunday soundwave frame 20.75 inch top tube
Seat- odyssey gary young signature principle pivotal seat
Seat post- odyssey convertible seat post
Pedals- bsd safari pedals
Cranks- odyssey thunderbolt cranks
Bottom bracket- odyssey bb
Sprocket- sunday Knox guard sprocket
Chain- kmc 510hx chain
Back wheel- Merritt final drive freecoaster laced to an odyssey aerospace rim with salt spokes and nipples
Back tire- another éclat fireball tire in 2.4
Back pegs- one éclat venom plastic peg 4.5 and one shadow little one peg with shadow slicker sleeve
Front pegs- two shadow little ones pegs with shadow slicker sleeves
Front hub guards- two gsport gland spoke guards
Back hub guards- two gsport uniguards that do absolutely nothing
This is probably my most dialled bike that I own. I am really big into bikes and I do own 4 bmx bikes. This is the one I mostly use except when it is wet out. Lol this bike is my baby. Here are some pictures to look at with lots of homemade stickers.

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/6/2016 10:57 AM

That's a sexy street beast, that's probably similar to something I'd build if I had the extra money, lol..

|

3/6/2016 1:20 PM

Acid Raindrops wrote:

That's a sexy street beast, that's probably similar to something I'd build if I had the extra money, lol..

Thanks! It took a while to save up enough for this bike.

|

3/6/2016 3:11 PM

are the uniguards useless? Looks clean even with mismatched colors

|

3/6/2016 3:21 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

Thanks a lot, glad some people don't mind the mismatched colours. The uniguards are really strong but they don't cover any of the hub/spokes. They sit way to far out from the wheel to be of any use. All they do is protect your dropouts.

|

3/7/2016 6:15 AM

nice bike, it's just the colors that spook me really badly...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

3/7/2016 6:47 AM

Fonction > fashion. Great build dude! I loved that silver when it camed out.

|

3/7/2016 12:44 PM

Skylight wrote:

nice bike, it's just the colors that spook me really badly...

THIS

either way its a great build

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

3/7/2016 12:50 PM

Ya like I said, the colours are just whatever my lbs had for the least amount of money. When you build this expensive of a bike and know that thirty percent of parts are going to break in the first month you cannot spend tons of money just to get a matching bike.

|

3/7/2016 12:51 PM

funfrontbrake wrote:

Fonction > fashion. Great build dude! I loved that silver when it camed out.

The silver reminds me of my sunday gary young pro complete which was my first real bmx. The cranks are still lasting from that bike. "Knock on wood" lol

|

3/10/2016 11:18 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

RIDEboarder wrote:

Thanks a lot, glad some people don't mind the mismatched colours. The uniguards are really strong but they don't cover any of the hub/spokes. They sit way to far out from the wheel to be of any use. All they do is protect your dropouts.

That's why I debated against getting them. The only downside to having universal guards like Gsport Glands and the Merrit pressure guard is that they compress the spokes so much into the hub flange, they always leave huge spoke pull marks on the hub shell.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke