Subrosa novus (for a friend)

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2018 5:37 AM

Just picked this up......
Photo
It's a 2014 subrosa novus frame (which is pretty rad for a complete)
Salt forks (Meh)
Proper ttxl bars
Primo stem
Kink something cranks (pinch bolt, maybe 8 spline)
Bsd superlight 28t sprocket
Odyssey twisted pedals
Bsd post
Wtp slim seat (from a complete I believe)
Schwalbe crazy Bob tyres
Profile mini's, rear laced to alienation felon, front laced to a vocal something

£150. Pretty stoked! My friend wants a brake though, and I can't find mounts for this. So, I might swap the frame out, and swap some of the other parts. I've got a ratty pair of proper wheels I might chuck on it. I could probably sell the wheels for £150 alone! I'll put a few better bits on this bike. Then build another bike out of other spares I have, then try to sell that cheap. I really didn't buy this with the intention of making money. But for the price, and these wheels, and the fact I've got plenty of other spares, it would be silly not to......

|

2/28/2018 5:56 AM

The first thing that caught my eye was the wheels! Really looks like a nice bike, the frame looks solid.

£100 for the wheels smile

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

2/28/2018 7:19 AM

Schwalbe tires! so rad

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/28/2018 8:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2018 8:11 AM

My spare parts list is as follows
Wtp frame (old justice complete)
S&m pitchfork xlt's
Brand new Sunday freeze stem
Really good condition black profile mini's (driverless, potentially keeping for the steadfast)
Alienation felon rims (potentially going to build up with the black mini's for the steadfast)
The make 8.5 bars
Fit dugan bars (I think)
3 pivotal posts
Animal nigel seat
Proper wheelset
Dmr v8 pedals
United mothership grips (brand new)
Some other United grips
Shit headset
Shit bb

And I traded a pair of profile cranks and a profile totem with a friend, yet to decide what I'm trading them for (United beacon frame and some unbranded 48 spline cranks which came off a pretty expensive custom build so they're probably good. I need to do a Google when I've got them. This friend often buys custom bikes and splits them. So getting spares easily isn't a problem)

I'm not sure what to do with it all! Build my friend a cheap bike and sell the good stuff? Build my friend an OK bike and sell some of the good bits and build a shit bike to sell on cheap? I can't make my mind up. But he definitely wants a brake, and mounts for this subrosa aren't easy to find :/

That list doesn't include some of the other parts I have that I'm keeping for trades or for the steadfast XD

|

2/28/2018 9:02 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

The first thing that caught my eye was the wheels! Really looks like a nice bike, the frame looks solid.

100 for the wheels smile

Only just realised your profile pic XD that's awesome smile
I'm very tempted to sell the wheels. But I need to steal the driver for my spare hub, for the steadfast :/

|

2/28/2018 9:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2018 9:07 AM

Didn't you just pick up some other bike for next to nothing that you weren't sure about? If so, what was it?

|

2/28/2018 9:07 AM

I think a lot of those parts need to be sold..... To me.

I need new forks and a front wheel, the XLTs are the forks I want too :D

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

2/28/2018 9:08 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Didn't you just pick up some other bike for next to nothing that you weren't sure about? If so, what was it?

That wasn't a bike, just a few parts, including the wtp frame, fit dugan bars, and brand new Sunday freeze stem. For £30!

|

2/28/2018 9:11 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I think a lot of those parts need to be sold..... To me.

I need new forks and a front wheel, the XLTs are the forks I want ...more

The forks are really good condition, but me being stupid I rawed them then rattle canned them black, badly. I only used them maybe 9 months at most. I'll do you a deal if you give me a list of the parts you want smile

|

2/28/2018 9:12 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

That wasn't a bike, just a few parts, including the wtp frame, fit dugan bars, and brand new Sunday freeze stem. For 30!

Did you ever figure out which WTP it was?

|

2/28/2018 9:13 AM

Let me know what you'd want for the wheels and fork.

|

2/28/2018 9:39 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

That wasn't a bike, just a few parts, including the wtp frame, fit dugan bars, and brand new Sunday freeze stem. For 30!

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Did you ever figure out which WTP it was?

Yeah it was a justice. I'll probably end up giving it away :/

|

2/28/2018 9:40 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Let me know what you'd want for the wheels and fork.

I'd say £150 posted, but that depends how much postage is!

|

2/28/2018 1:49 PM

Nice find, Steve!

|

3/3/2018 11:56 PM

Sold the hubs for £100. Now all I need is a brake. I've ordered some fbm mounts as they're the closest I can find, I'm hoping they fit. If not I'll swap the frame for one with normal mounts.
I've also ordered a few other bits, so once it's here I'll literally only need cranks, then the steadfast will be done too! But, I still can't really justify 2 bikes, so I might sell some stuff. It's just off putting that it loses so much value. Like, I'd rather keep my wheels than sell them for less than half what they cost me........ Oh well.

|

3/24/2018 1:23 AM

Bought another bike because it was dirt cheap :/
It's a fit hawk frame, 21", looks like it's never been ridden! Odyssey hazard cassette hub and hazardlite rims, profile cranks, merritt stem, the make bars, mankind sprocket and seat, I think the forks are from an old hoffman complete. I'm putting the proper bars and pitchfork xlt's on this. Then the salt forks and fit bars on the subrosa and selling it. Should be pretty easy to get my money back smile
I haven't had time to take pics of all my spares and list them yet.
Oh, I got another pair of profile cranks really cheap, so my custom frame will be built back up. I'm hoping to have 2 full bikes for myself and no spares left in the next month smile
Photo

|

3/24/2018 3:22 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

It's a fit hawk frame, 21", looks like it's never been ridden! Odyssey hazard ...more

Where are you finding all these?! My local ebay just has loads of "kids bmx" and "voodoo bmx only ridden twice"

|

Hmmm

3/24/2018 4:48 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

It's a fit hawk frame, 21", looks like it's never been ridden! Odyssey hazard ...more

Edman123 wrote:

Where are you finding all these?! My local ebay just has loads of "kids bmx" and "voodoo bmx only ridden twice"

Facebook groups, some people ask far too much, some people just want stuff gone! The fit cost me £180, and the profile cranks for my other bike were £20!

|

3/24/2018 11:15 AM

I'd never find stuff like that here. It just purple BMX $50.

|

3/26/2018 2:11 AM

How are you finding Profile cranks for £20?!

|

3/26/2018 6:37 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

How are you finding Profile cranks for 20?!

Mostly mid school groups. Fairly often someone will buy a bike for a part or 2, then split the rest and sell it on cheap. Although, most of the time they ask too much for profiles. I've seen 15 year old profile cranks listed for anything up to £100, or £150 with a US bb and 44t sprocket XD.

I'm legitimately tempted to make a business out of buying bikes, splitting them, and selling parts. But you end up with a load of shite no one wants

|