T1 build

Related:
Create New Tag

11/14/2013 9:23 PM

Start of my Reuben frame..

Brought it down to raw before I put the new paint on, went with a easy effect on the green splatter...

These pics are from the paint booth after I finished spraying the clear.

Photo

Photo

|

Refs: ecuadevil, superstarDK ,Brian_Griffin ,howlerfbm,ScramHype,Ricked_Em,BMXPOSER

text me for a faster response 2016681770

11/14/2013 9:36 PM

Looks good man! Also, nice to see not everyone has to use spray bombs. I can't wait until I have access to a booth again. My touch up gun is just hanging in my garage all bored, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/15/2013 12:03 AM

damnnn

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

11/15/2013 2:11 AM

Can't wait to see this build.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

11/15/2013 4:45 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Looks good man! Also, nice to see not everyone has to use spray bombs. I can't wait until I have access to a booth again. My touch up gun is just hanging in my garage all bored, haha.

Wish I could paint this nicely! Powdercoat or just paint with a gun?

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

11/15/2013 5:17 AM

Really nice! Can't wait to see it after it's built up. I love the green splatter, really standout and unique.

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

11/15/2013 6:04 AM

It's all paint auto quality stuff is all we use , we have a paint booth at my job ... I'll take some pics of it in the day light when I get to work..

|

Refs: ecuadevil, superstarDK ,Brian_Griffin ,howlerfbm,ScramHype,Ricked_Em,BMXPOSER

11/15/2013 8:12 AM

Looks soo sweet!

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

11/15/2013 10:11 AM

Aebasher wrote:

It's all paint auto quality stuff is all we use , we have a paint booth at my job ... I'll take some pics of it in the day light when I get to work..

So high quality spray paint sprayed with a gun?

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

11/15/2013 10:19 AM

Aebasher wrote:

FreddyDapice wrote:

Yeah, that's what it is. I used to spray landing gear, hydraulic actuators, and anything else they asked me to. I went through Paint, finish, and insignia school in the Navy. Actually mixing and spraying paint is way more fun than just using a spray bomb. That's not saying that people can't get good looking results from a can, but the quality of paint is going to be all around better from a gun, as long as the painter knows what he's doing.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/15/2013 10:40 AM

Aebasher wrote:

FreddyDapice wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

Yeah, that's what it is. I used to spray landing gear, hydraulic actuators, and anything else they asked me to. I went through Paint, finish, and insignia school in the Navy. Actually mixing and spraying paint is way more fun than just using a spray bomb. That's not saying that people can't get good looking results from a can, but the quality of paint is going to be all around better from a gun, as long as the painter knows what he's doing.

I know man! I love painting stuff nicely. But my only real option are cans. I have a blaster at work, so rawing is easy. But No easy access of quality painting in my department. I don't really want to go to other departments and start bugging people to "Paint my bike frame" if there is even a spray booth? I've never even thought if we have a spray booth. I work at a big dealership, and I know all the departments, but just don't know. My manager can get it powdercoated for dirt cheap, but, that shit is a pain in the ass getting off.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

11/15/2013 10:42 AM

Aebasher wrote:

FreddyDapice wrote:

Paint was mixed in shop... And painted by me. I'm not a painter I just got bored at work this week and decided to bring in a frame I had sitting and sprayed it myself..

It's not perfect by no means but it looks good enough to me..

|

11/15/2013 11:22 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

I know man! I love painting stuff nicely. But my only real option are cans. I have a blaster at work, so rawing is easy. But No easy access of quality painting in my department. I don't really want to go to other departments and start bugging people to "Paint my bike frame" if there is even a spray booth? I've never even thought if we have a spray booth. I work at a big dealership, and I know all the departments, but just don't know. My manager can get it powdercoated for dirt cheap, but, that shit is a pain in the ass getting off.

Haha, powder IS a pain to get off for sure, but there are some paints that are just as stubborn. The Hawker landing gear I used to overhaul had some crazy hard paint on it. We had plastic media in the blasters for paint removal, and it was always a trade off between raising the pressure (which turned the media to dust pretty quickly) or just stand there for what seemed like forever just to get through the multiple coats of paint and primer. That's sweet that you have access to a blaster, just be sure to keep the pressure down while using glass (for corrosion removal) or any other higher abrasive media, or you could thin out your tubing, and even blow holes in it. If you see the surface of the metal change (almost looks like frosted glass) turn your pressure down. Not sure if anyone told you this, but it's definitely good info to know.

|

11/15/2013 11:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/15/2013 11:36 AM

Aebasher wrote:

Paint was mixed in shop... And painted by me. I'm not a painter I just got bored at work this week and decided to bring in a frame I had sitting and sprayed it myself..

Painting really isn't that hard. Preparation of the object you're going to paint is 75%, and then just shooting a nice even coat is the rest. Some paints are quite a bit more prone to sagging or running than others, but, expirience helps with that, haha. Looks great from the pics, can't wait to see it all built up!

|

11/15/2013 11:40 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Aebasher wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

Painting really isn't that hard. Preparation of the object you're going to paint is 75%, and then just shooting a nice even coat is the rest. Some paints are quite a bit more prone to sagging or running than others, but, expirience helps with that, haha. Looks great from the pics, can't wait to see it all built up!

Yeah I'll just stick to being a electrician ...

|

11/15/2013 11:58 AM

Aebasher wrote:

Yeah I'll just stick to being a electrician ...

Haha, I don't blame you. Wiring doesn't usually get you as dirty as paint or mechanical work. I'm an aircraft mechanic, so I get to do it all. I never wanted to paint for a living, but doing it once or twice a month isn't bad. Every day would suck though.

|

1/16/2014 11:36 AM

Update, frame got jacked up by my gf when she dropped it outside last week..

So after a hour or two of trying to repaint it, I have up and sandblasted it back down to bare metal..

Did the same style but just threw blue on the raw metal and matte cleared
It and called it a day.. I swapped frames from my other bike since it had blue parts that matched..

Photo

Photo

|

1/16/2014 1:56 PM

Really nice

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx