The Bad Back Bike

Related:
Create New Tag

3/28/2016 5:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2016 4:26 AM

This is my first thread here on Vital. Might as well introduce myself with a bike check! Got my first BMX back in 83 when I was 7 years old. Can't say I was into "the BMX scene" back then, it was just what kids rode in my neighborhood before mountain bikes came out. We mostly rode trails and jumped wooden ramps to flat. Anyways switched to mountian bikes in my teens until 2011 when I just got the urge to ride BMX again. Rode for about a year then screwed up my back working on my house and had to keep working injured for about a year. Been pretty messed up for about 3 years. In the fall I started feeling good enough to ride again. But after a few painful sessions on my heavy old Haro F3 I decided to build a bike with a more upright riding position. Got a used 2011 Colony Descendent, built some new wheels for it and jacked up the front end with a topload and 10" bars. Weighing 22lbs 11oz it's about 6lbs lighter than my Haro was. So far I feel pretty solid riding it. My goals for this year are to get back to where I was in 2012 in terms of flow and jump size, learn whips and maybe try to air a quarter pipe.

Frame: 2011 Colony Descendent
Fork: Macneil Blazer
Bars: Eastern Tranny 10"
Stem: Salt topload
Grips: Demolition
Seat: Stock Colony Descendent
Cranks: Stock
Sprocket: Animal Sprockey Balboa 22 Tooth
Chain: BSD
Front Wheel: Aliennation Deviant, Eclat Spokes and Macneil Blazer Hub that I rawed.
Rear Wheel: Aliennation Runaway, Odyssey Spokes and Primo Mix Cassette that my LBS still had kicking around in 8 tooth.
Tires: Demolition Momentum 2.35 front 2.2 rear.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

3/29/2016 8:34 AM

Nice rig, and it's always cool to see another "older" guy riding.

|

3/29/2016 9:01 AM

bright orange is bright, also nice bike

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

3/29/2016 12:26 PM

Thanks guys!

|