The Old Man's Ride

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2017 5:00 PM

Built this to be as blacked out as possible. Kept the silver rim for better breaking. I'd like to upgrade the F&F at some point but I ride maybe twice a week seeings that I'm old and 40plus are spent working.

I worked part time at a shop years ago which is where the Premium came from.... Sat unused in my basement as I kept riding my old T1 Barcode, but sadly it was laid to rest after many years of fun. Not much from that would work with this seeings that it was from before Mid-bb era.

Frame : Premium Four Carat 21"
Forks: Premium
Bars : Fiend Reynolds
Stem : Shadow Tremone
Headset : FSA
Grips: Fiend
Barends : Fiend
Lever : DiaTech
Cranks : Premium Lite 48Spline. 175mm, Full Crmo w/Sealed MID BB.
Pedals: Cult Dak
Sprocket : Shadow 25T Scream
Chain : Not Pictured (Shadow Half Link)
Brakes : DiaTech?
Pads : Green ones hahaha
Seat : Fiend Palmare V3 Pivit
Seatclamp : Premuim
Rear Wheel : Alienation 36H Alloy cassette Rear 14mm w/8T driver
Front Wheel : Alienation 36H alloy sealed 3/8" Frt
Tyres : Odyssey Pursuit 20" X 2.4"
Extras: Cinema Bolts - Fiend PVC Pegs
Mods: Uh.. It's black - Extra long cable and it's taped to the frame.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

10/3/2017 7:00 AM

Liking that. I do love a chrome rim on a black bike.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

10/3/2017 9:09 AM

Nice bike, I actually have the same frame sitting in my room

|

Ride till you die

10/3/2017 8:52 PM

After a a few months on it, I feel like it's still not long enough. I'm 6' tall... Is 21 too short?

|

10/3/2017 9:21 PM

Renaissance Man wrote:

After a a few months on it, I feel like it's still not long enough. I'm 6' tall... Is 21 too short?

It's the perfect size for you, if we're going based off sizing charts. I'm nearly 5'11" and I ride a 21" and I love it

It looks super good. Chrome rims for brakes are the best .

|

10/3/2017 11:13 PM

Renaissance Man wrote:

Personal preference really. I'm 6' with shoes on and my frame is 21.15, I'd rather go up to 21.25 than back down to 21".
It depends what you use it for. Your bars angled like that will make things feel weird. And bmx's are supposed to be small. When I commute on my bike it feels like the bars should be taller, and I should have a longer frame. But when I'm actually riding it feels perfect.

The bikes looking dialled btw!

|

10/4/2017 1:43 PM

Renaissance Man wrote:

Try raising your seat bro. I'm 6'3" and ride a 21.50 but if your 6 and your seat is there you're gunna be in a world of pain and feel cramped as hell... Also straighten your bars so they are flush with your forks and the bike will feel better.

|