The Terrible Twins. (Twin Terrible One Barcodes) T34418L3 TW1N5

Related:
Create New Tag

2/2/2021 3:17 PM

So here is the result of not making up my mind on brakes. I was transitioning back from the Maroon code (which I call BAE) to the raw code (which I call Boo) and decided just to keep them both.. there are still a few changes to make and ive changed a couple of things on BAE already but I'll explain.

In deciding to build them both I set out to make essentially two identical bikes, same geo same dimensions etc. but one with brakes and the other without.. I could try a trick with brakes and then just hop on a different bike with no brakes that would feel the same.. its been a challenge for example, I like to run my stems with as few spacers as possible, but gyros need room to move and if I added spacers to one bike I added them to the next, in either spacer height of bar height.. etc etc, they ended up the same height from floor to bar (same front end except additional spacers in BAE and an additional .25" handlebar height on Boo. they even have the same brand chains with the same number of links.

Here they were as of a couple months ago.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

BAE is a 21.25 S&M Made Maroon code with welded mounts and gyro tabs. Running kind of a mid school feel with front and back brakes, gyro, Z Coaster Freecoaster with chrome GSPORT rims and tan wall tires.. The Primo Powerbites are more than 15 years old and have cracked where the pinch bolts are on both arms.. been put about 3 years of riding on them like that with no problems. Someone said I could warranty them but kind of cool still running parts from when I was a teen. eventually will switch them out for some profiles in a shorter length.

Since the photo I have changed the tires out for Maxxis. Still tan walls though.

Frame- S&M Made Barcode
Fork - Primo Strand with mounts
Stem - S&M Enduro with removable gyro tabs (yes a custom I had never seen before also)
Bar - Shadow Vultus 9.5
Brakes - Odyssey Evo
Gyro - Odyssey GTXR - the one with the knurls
Sprocket - Profile Imperial
Cranks - Primo Powerbites
Front wheel - Profile Elite to GSPORT Birdcage
Rear wheel - Profile Z Coaster to GSPORT Birdcage
Tires - Shown: Fit FAF-K 2.1, now: MAXXIS Grifter 2.3
pegs - 3x tree trick sticks, 1x tree stunt stump

BOO is a 21.25 S&M Made barcode that was originally trans black but I stripped and clear coated.. there was some discoloration in the metal and I didn't get every bit of old paint off before clearing her but I liked how it looked with the "dirt in it" so I kept it. same front hub, rim, fork, and stem as BAE but an extra 1/4 inch bar rise and less 1/4" of spacers (not technically they are made in mm increments but I did all the math, im within a mm or two overall). Only real interesting part on this one is the crankset, its a profile GDH titanium spindle and standard race arms. from various sets ive owned over the years, one is black and one is raw, but that's not really the interesting part, the interesting thing is that if you use any of the parts with other sets than something is off like somethings tweaked or bent but when I use them together that are straight.. its weird.

Frame- S&M Made Barcode
Fork - Primo Strand without mounts
Stem - S&M Enduro
Bar - Sunday Manhandle 9.75"
No Brakes
Sprocket - Primo guarded
Cranks - Profile Race its Ti GDH spindle
Front wheel - Profile Elite to GSPORT Birdcage
Rear wheel - Profile Elite to GSPORT Birdcage
Tires - Eclat 2.3
pegs - 3x animal butcher and one other aluminum one that I don't know where came from

Future plans;

- get new bars - because I got that enduro that has removable gyro tabs and the tabs sit flush with the bottom of the stem I could take out the gyro plate altogether, which was 6mm thick so now I can run the exact same bars as there are the exact same amount of spacers on both bikes.. id like a 4piece bar but they have to come in black and chrome. not sure what my preference really is on sweep
- get the elite hub replaced with a BSD Revolution hub.. if I like it im going to change the other bike and since they don't come polished I may need to rebuild the front wheel with a black hub.. ill see if I like it first, I do miss the cassette but it doesn't outweigh the usefulness of the FC
- forks/stems - 40mm stems and 15mm offset forks is short, I know that.. but half of what I ride is flatland. the other half is split between street, parks, and trails.. so I may want to go to a 26mm and have procured a 26mm pitchfork.. but that means id want to get a longer stem too... maybe?.. "can I find a widemouth 26mm pitchfork in chrome?" is probably the better question to be asking myself right now. spoiler: its impossible.

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

T34416L3 TW1N5 - Terrible Twins (Twin Terrible One Barcodes) Brakes/Brakeless T1

a08's Ohio Standard - STOLEN - REWARD IF FOUND

WTB: Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims
WTB: S&M Pitchfork, 26mm
WTB: BSD Revolution Hub, RHD

2/2/2021 3:23 PM

oh also future plans; get another metal NDS hub guard and then strip the ano off the hub guards front and rear that are on BAE so they are silver. also change BAE's grips so they are the same as Boo's

|

T34416L3 TW1N5 - Terrible Twins (Twin Terrible One Barcodes) Brakes/Brakeless T1

2/2/2021 3:28 PM

Might as well post this up too; the morsecode.. which I may build into a trails only bike someday..

Photo

|

2/2/2021 4:12 PM

Soo many barcodes sad

|

2/2/2021 4:56 PM

too cool. I didn't know they made strands w/ brake mounts. both bikes look great.

since the bikes are so similar how much do you notice the way the different tires and pedals feel when you switch bikes?

|

2/2/2021 7:27 PM

blizzbikes wrote:

Soo many barcodes sad

Right! And on the list for one more!

|

2/2/2021 7:29 PM

cky199 wrote:

too cool. I didn't know they made strands w/ brake mounts. both bikes look great.

since the bikes are so similar how much do you notice the way the different tires and pedals feel when you switch bikes?

It’s barely noticeable.. the big difference I can feel if I try; different sweep in the bar.... and different grips so they just feel definitely different

|

2/3/2021 9:02 AM

This is a really fun idea. I've thought it would be fun to have a brake bike to screw around on.

Also, the T1 TT graphic is the best graphic in all of BMX.

|

2/3/2021 10:12 AM

Beautiful

|

It’s all bmx

2/3/2021 10:15 AM

Both of those bikes look like so much fun to ride... love em.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

2/5/2021 1:59 AM

Fuckin' hell man, this is the dream! I've been tempted to rebuild my barcode lately and this might be what pushes me over the edge. Also, if you ever want to offload that morsecode...

|

2/6/2021 12:17 AM

Morsecode 😍🤯💯🔥

|

2/6/2021 10:44 AM

Been almost 4 years since the last batch of Barcodes......and no plans to make more as per the T1 Instagram. I know as soon as I drop a deposit on a custom Standard or WorkFrame they'll start preorders for Barcodes.

|

2/6/2021 5:40 PM

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

Been almost 4 years since the last batch of Barcodes......and no plans to make more as per the T1 Instagram. I know as soon as I drop a deposit on a custom Standard or WorkFrame they'll start preorders for Barcodes.

This what is mentioned on their instagram...*No dates yet for the next run of Barcodes and SFAs. Rubens and Skapegoats hopefully available again in the Spring. "No dates yet" doesnt mean we aren't making anymore, dude.

|

REF: HELLOMYNAMEISRAD, CKY99

2/6/2021 6:06 PM

Please build that morsecode, don’t let it sit

|

2/25/2021 9:41 AM

BrodieB wrote:

Fuckin' hell man, this is the dream! I've been tempted to rebuild my barcode lately and this might be what pushes me over the edge. Also, if you ever want to offload that morsecode...

you totally should!

|

2/25/2021 9:42 AM

cky199 wrote:

Please build that morsecode, don’t let it sit

I know.. its painful it sitting.. I think im going to build it up as a trails bike for maybe one summer and then let it go to a real collector. its just my little piece of T1 history I can't seem to let go of just yet..

|

2/25/2021 9:44 AM

Thank you to everyone who has commented and shown love!

BAE will be getting a makeover soon as I want to transition to higher offset forks and I found a local company that does good powder coating work at a reasonable price..

|