The Whore and The Mistress

Related:
Create New Tag

3/5/2018 10:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2018 11:49 AM

Here is my extension of an intro and my bike(s) check... My name is Doug and I’m in PA. I rode bmx from 11-12 til about 18 when my love of cars finally took over everything. I’m now working from home mostly besides helping my buddy build hot rods part time. I’m 35 now with a 4year old son that is starting to show interest in riding and that has been giving me the itch again. I found a bike on Craigslist for cheap and picked it up to start getting the feel for things again. So... without further ado, meet The Whore

Frame : Eastern (unknown)
Forks: Eastern
Bars : S&M Hoder Bars
Stem : S&M Redneck LT
Headset : Unknown
Grips: ODI Longnecks
Barends: ODI
Lever : Odyssey
Cranks : Demolition (unknown)
Pedals: Wellgo
Sprocket : Profile
Chain : Halflink (unknown brand)
Brakes :
Pads : none
Seat : Primo
Seat Clamp: Eastern
Rear Wheel : Odyssey Triple Wall on Odyssey Cassette hub
Front Wheel : Eastern
Tires: Front unknown/ Rear: Animal

Photo

As you can see she is pretty rough but can take a beating. Plans for this are minimal... maybe some new tires, a new front wheel and some here’s and there’s. I will probably keep it as a dirt and lake jump bike.

|

3/5/2018 10:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2018 3:32 PM

Now on to The Mistress...

I have always wanted a S&M Holmes growing up and I happened to come across one and picked it up. It’s an early Next Generation Holmes that someone painted over the original paint (probably a few times). It was still in decent shape so I sent it for powder coat. It also came with some S&M Castillo bars and Profile 3-piece I plan on using. She will be a mid-new school build (can’t not take advantage of all the leaps and bounds in quality of some of these new school parts). I have also picked up some Federal Stance XL’s w/ a freecoaster (from a member on here) and some BSD Donnasqueaks 2.4’s.

Plans are as follows (keep in mind I will probably change some things... just trying to keep my thoughts straight)

Frame : S&M Next Generation Holmes
Forks: S&M Widemouth Pitchforks
Bars : S&M Castillo Bars
Stem : S&M Redneck
Headset : FSA The Pig Sealed
Grips: ODI Flangeless Longnecks
Lever : ?
Cranks : Profile 3-piece
Pedals: S&M 101’s
Sprocket : Tree Lite 28t
Chain : Animal KMC 710
Brakes : ?
Seat : FBM Heart Seat
Seatclamp: Primo
Rear Wheel : Federal Stance XL w/ 9t freecoaster
Front Wheel : Federal Stance XL
Tires: BSD Donnasqeaks 2.4

I went with the wider wheels and bigger tires cause I kinda dig the look and being a bigger guy I want as much tire and rim I can get. Once these wheels gets busted up or just beat I’ll be going to some Bone Deth 48’s haha. Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/5/2018 10:24 AM

Did they paint your brake bosses?

|

3/5/2018 10:25 AM

Some pics of the frame and parts when I got them...

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/5/2018 10:29 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yes they did... and the powder coat isn’t perfect but all noted when it goes back (probably). I’m still back and forth if I’m putting brakes on it but if I do I have the means to clean it up at work

|

3/5/2018 10:31 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

graybush38 wrote:

Yes they did... and the powder coat isn’t perfect but all noted when it goes back (probably). I’m still back and forth if I’m putting brakes on it but if I do I have the means to clean it up at work

I hate when they do that. LOL. Cool build tho! Be sure to update the pics when you get her built up.

|

3/5/2018 10:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2018 10:36 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I hate when they do that. LOL. Cool build tho! Be sure to update the pics when you get her built up.

Thanks! I was kicking myself for not mentioning about the brake bosses, oh well haha. I’m pretty excited about this build. I will make sure to post all updates!

|

3/5/2018 6:30 PM

That Holmes is amazing. Had one years ago and still is one of the best frames I've ever owned.

|

3/6/2018 4:37 AM

rdtrls006 wrote:

That Holmes is amazing. Had one years ago and still is one of the best frames I've ever owned.

Thanks! I always wanted one but had all my money tied up into my Hoffman growing up. I can’t wait to get it together and ride the hell out of her haha!

|

3/10/2018 12:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2018 12:32 PM

You might want to build the S$M up with the era 44/16 gearing or whatever...those brake bosses might not be clear of the chain with micro drive. Loving the bikes though

|

3/10/2018 1:11 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

You might want to build the S$M up with the era 44/16 gearing or whatever...those brake bosses might not be clear of the chain with micro drive. Loving the bikes though

Thanks! I never thought about it until I saw it in another thread. I’ll see how close it is and if I have to change the driver and sprocket I’m fine with that. I’m still kinda far out from getting it all built so maybe I can figure something out

|

3/12/2018 3:19 AM

That S&M is cool as fuck.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

3/12/2018 8:30 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

That S&M is cool as fuck.

Thanks man!

|

3/12/2018 9:06 AM

Little update... sand blasted the crank arms and spray bombed them for now.

Photo

Photo

|

3/26/2018 12:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/31/2018 9:36 AM

Updates:

Got some Animal “MTT”’s on sale for $20 from Dan’s for the Whore. I’m gonna have to do something with the back wheel cause it’s getting very oxidized. I had to almost chisel the old tire off haha.

As for the Mistress... I picked up some S&M widemouth Pitchforks from a member here and have most of the other odds and ends I needed coming this week.

Photo

Photo

She now has the Pitchforks, FSA The Pig sealed headset, Profile hop-up kit and a S&M Shredneck. I hope to have her done next week around this time minus brakes (still thinking of what I want)

|

4/4/2018 8:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2018 8:22 AM

The Mistress is done!! And she came out beautiful if I might say so myself...

Photo

Photo

Photo

I’m just waiting on the seat post clamp and she is done done. I’m definitely gonna have to go with the bigger drivetrain to be able to run brakes.

|