Thick, Black Eastern

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2018 3:50 PM

I've named her Vanessa after my ex-wife. Responsive to the slightest touch but the moment you think she'll do anything you want you'll get hurt. Incidentally the ex was thick and black but you had to watch for a right cross not peddle bite. Now that I think of it a helmet and pads would have helped me a lot with her.

Got back into riding wanted to build something for the street and something I could progress on. Pegs, new bars, wheels and stem will be added in the spring. Bars need to be a little higher and I want 4 piece bars with a top load stem for comfort. TT is 20.69 with 75 Degree Head tube angle, 71.2 Degree Seat tube angle, 9.4" Stand over Height
13.25" Rear End which is slammed and is causing the super twitchy way it handles. Damn thing practically wants to jump off the ground it seems like but I've adjusted and kinda dig it. She came with integrated chain tensioners and it doesn't even list as having them or do they appear in the pictures on Easterns website but was a welcome surprise and utilized until the chain had stretched just enough to slam after removing one link and adding a half link. But with the peddles I have on I really gotta do something stupid to slip but if you do have some serious shin protection on or I'd hate to think what my shin from right under my knee to ankle would have looked like. See my pic of guards.

Frame : Eastern Thick Rhonda 2018
Forks: Nagas Forks
Bars : Atom Bars
Stem : Atom Front load
Headset : Verde
Grips: ODI Flange less
Bar ends : ODI
Lever :
Cranks : Sunday Saker
Pedals: Imrider
Sprocket : Sunday Saber Tooth V2
Chain : Odyssey Blue Bird, Slammed
Brakes : None
Pads :None
Seat : Cheap Velo Pivotal
Seatclamp : Spy Clamp Integrated
Rear Wheel : Throttle 9t
Front Wheel : Throttle
Tyres : Front 2.4 Odyssey Path Finder Pro : Rear Odyssey Tom Dugan 2.3
Extras:
Mods:Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

2/14/2018 4:48 PM

Nice ride, dude! You're the first person I "know" to own one. I'm a fan of Eastern, overall. & would like to get something custom from Eastern one day. I JUST built up an S&M Tallboy so it'll be a while. Anyway, What do you think of it?

|

2/14/2018 5:14 PM

Welcome back to riding. Sick bike. And as a owner of 2 Eastern's, I approve.

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE

2/14/2018 6:08 PM

It took some time to adjust to be honest. Before I slammed the rear the first ride I took It felt like the slightest hint of bars angle left or right made me think of the light cycles in the movie Tron like it was gonna turn 90 degrees and one of two things was gonna happen. It was somehow gripping the asphalt and perfectly fine with the laws of physics she was about to make her bitch with no concern of me looking at passers by confused as to why my bike was traveling another direction with out me, or it would just buck my ass off like an emotionally scarred ill tempered rodeo bull in his last chance to strike a blow for his cloven hoofed brothers enslavement by cowboy hat wearing clowns that taunted him his whole life. But in all seriousness I'm really thinking the Thick Rhonda is a Grim Reaper without the laser cut Head tube and seat tube and . 8MM Thick dropouts with chain tensioners seems like a great selling point and all the butting for strength and weld points the only difference being a little more weight in the Rhonda at 5.4 lbs compared to 4.75 with the Grim. It also lists slightly different geo between the two by 1 degree or less for head tube and seat tube angle they really gonna make 2 jigs for welding a half a degree diffrence? But The Rhonda seems like a solid frame to me and well worth the price I paid. Plus I like shit on the thick side. smile

|

2/15/2018 7:36 PM

Haha, most of us like shit on the thick side wink

As the owner of 2 eastern, I dig it! Looks good. Interesting top tube length, i must say...

|

2/16/2018 4:15 AM

Wtf is the last picture? Speaker?

|

@coupd_tat

2/17/2018 8:58 AM

coupde_tat wrote:

Wtf is the last picture? Speaker?

If you actually bothered to read the description, you'd know that the last picture is of his shin guards...

|

3/1/2018 1:37 PM

Nice read and awesome looking build bro! What do you mean by slammed? Welcome.back I just got back into it as well 12-14 years lol I must say it's super frustrating when I can't do any tricks like I use to be able to do lol

|

3/1/2018 7:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2018 7:08 PM

By slammed I mean the rear axle in flush with the dropout. No need for tensioners. It can't get any closer without removing metal without grinding some free space. Sorry if I replied a little late. I think its a great frame. After a lot of comparing cost vs materials vs construction methods it hit a sweet spot for me. I don't ride park, least not yet, after I replace a couple things I wanna ride the park in Louisville which looks nice. When I was a younger street rat rocking a predator fresh from Schwinn concrete parks seemed like a dream I'd never see is bum fucked nowhere Kentucky. But I now Live in Indiana near the river which has a park in Jeffersonville and a park in Louisville that was featured in an eastern vid also the Louisville caverns which has a dirt trail underground which i hear is sweet and I have an old dirt frame I'd like to build after I get Vanessa straight. Oh and I got the TT size cause I'm 5'7'' 140 lbs so I'm on the short side and lite side as far as size that less weight on my end and it gave me room for adjustment with stems and bar height, which I wanna little extra with a top load and prob like a 48 mm Freeze from Sunday. If that shit holds for Spencer Foresman with his husky hard riding that shits gonna be like cold welded in the vacuum of space locked in on my ride.

|

11/20/2018 3:06 PM

Hows ur build going i have a thick rhonda with s&m fu bars 10' rise ,s&m enduro stem,odyssey thunderbolt lhd with a 28tooth la gaurdia sprocket but i went for a 21.69 tt because im 6'1

|

11/21/2018 5:53 AM

For a budget build I think you did pretty well.

|

11/21/2018 11:06 AM

My wheelset is kinda wierd i have a 48 spoke vandero on a 7 sereies odyssey hoopand front is a shadow raptor laced to a gsport i also have a btm i just started building

|

11/22/2018 12:18 PM

Photo
|

11/22/2018 12:18 PM

Thats my s&m build

|

11/22/2018 2:01 PM

If you’re riding street on the eastern what are you using the btm for?

|

11/22/2018 2:05 PM

Bought it off my friend couldnt resist 150bucks

|

11/22/2018 2:08 PM

Photo
|

11/22/2018 3:23 PM

You bought that for $150??

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/22/2018 4:40 PM

No the first pic was the bike i paid 150 for its a btm and the second is my eastern thick rhonda

|

11/22/2018 5:26 PM

Rickety-Rickety-Recked wrote:

No the first pic was the bike i paid 150 for its a btm and the second is my eastern thick rhonda

Still that BTM for $150 is insane!!!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/22/2018 6:08 PM

#blessed

|

11/22/2018 7:29 PM

Definitely a good buy.

|