Updated Sunday Soundwave v2... Fresh rims and more!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2021 6:50 PM

Just laced the wheels up over the weekend. Been wanting these rims since they were announced but could never get my hands on them until recently. Figured a bike check was in order since I cleaned it too haha

Bold = new since last bike check, last time I did one my rims were gold... They've since been metallic blue, then metallic green, now they're anodized blue

Frame: Sunday Soundwave v2 20.75" TT (Powder coated black)
Fork: Odyssey R32
Bars: Odyssey Sweepstakes, 9" x 26.5" cut down
Grips: ODI Longneck SS
Barends: Odyssey Par Ends
Stem: Odyssey Hawk 02 (Sprayed white w/ gold letters)
Headset: Odyssey Pro Integrated, low stack height w/ 2mm spacer
Seat: Animal Cush Pivotal
Clamp: None
Cranks: Odyssey Thunderbolt 175mm, technically new since I got new ones from warranty since then
BB: Odyssey Mid 22mm
Sprocket: Odyssey La Guardia 25t, sprayed white and run backwards for protection against messed up crooked grinds
Pedals: Demolition Trooper PC, one side of the left pedal is grinded down for pedal grinds
Chain: Primo 510, with a link 8 year old Odyssey master link haha
Front Wheel: Federal Stance front hub laced to an Odyssey Hazard Lite rim with DT Swiss spokes and brass nipples, 36h
Back Wheel: Cult Match cassette hub laced to an Odyssey Hazard Lite rim with DT Swiss spokes and brass nipples, 36h, 9t driver
Tires: Odyssey Path Pro 2.25" front & back
Pegs: Animal Lino G 4.5" long, 2 on the front, 1 on the rear non-drive side
Hub Guards: 2 Daily Grind guards on the front, 1 S&M Cymbal on the rear non-drive side. Chromoly guards ftw
Mods: Bars cut down to 26.5", steerer tube cut down a little, seat post modded to be a wedge, extra nut on the rear axle on the drive side to protect my threads from getting messed up if I mess up a switch smith grind and fall onto the rear axle or something.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Cat tax
Photo

|

8/13/2021 7:12 PM

I'm not usually big on colored rims but this looks good dude. And cute cat!

|

8/15/2021 11:01 AM

Fresh! But still rugged and weathered enough. Sickkk.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/15/2021 11:57 PM

Ancient topload haha. Swear that’s the part you’ve been running longest, or am I wrong? Maybe sprocket and hubs too?

Looks sick! Blue and white and black all go together very well

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

8/17/2021 9:43 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Ancient topload haha. Swear that’s the part you’ve been running longest, or am I wrong? Maybe sprocket and hubs too?

Looks ...more

Stem’s from 2015 I think… Technically the oldest parts are the valve caps, I took them off a friend’s bike in 2007 and have had them since haha. Back hub guard’s from Summer 2012, back hub’s from early 2013, and front guards from late 2013, those are all the oldest parts. Dreading the day that cassette shits the bed. Sprocket I got late 2019 I think.

And thanks! I definitely like this blue better than the metallic blue I did for awhile back in 2019-2020. Pops so much more. Also thanks a lot ready and zack!

|

8/18/2021 6:23 AM

Tasteful use of colour, very nice!

|

9/20/2021 3:20 PM

Damn I want that seat bud

|

10/3/2021 5:43 PM

Please explain wedge mod? Thank you ❤

|

10/3/2021 8:18 PM

justin vogelsberger wrote:

Damn I want that seat bud

They still make them, hit up a shop or look through a mail order. Every now & then they get a restock of them

|

10/3/2021 8:25 PM

adamantvagabond wrote:

Please explain wedge mod? Thank you

It's just this, a couple different companies made them but I never got a hold of one. Instead, I took the wedge & bolt from an old quill stem, cut the seat post at the same angle, stick the bolt through the seat (after removing the bolt currently in there) and through the post, start threading it into the wedge, and when you put it in the seat tube and tighten it up it will wedge in there just like the old style stems did.

Some people do it so they can slam their seats more or eliminate the seat post clamp weight (seriously, weight weenies do that shit) but I just did it cause I thought it was cool and looks cleaner.

Photo

Photo

|

10/4/2021 12:32 AM

Great looking bike…love the blue & black

|

10/4/2021 12:42 AM

What's the chainline like with your sprocket the wrong way round? Looks like the sprocket clears the frame nicely without too many spacers. I've tried it but with a 28t I'm yet to come across a frame that allows it

|

10/4/2021 4:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2021 4:47 AM

.pegless. wrote:

What's the chainline like with your sprocket the wrong way round? Looks like the sprocket clears the frame nicely without too ...more

On my Sunday Ian. And my Sunday 3rd wave I was able to run my 28t guard sprocket reversed like that with no issues . I'm not 100% on the spec of the soundwave v2 but it looks like it has the same clearance I had on those frames mentioned above
Edit:
I see his sprocket is a 25 . I don't think a reversed 28t would work on his frame . I think you need a 13.75 slammed CS to have clearance for a 28

|

10/5/2021 4:13 AM

.pegless. wrote:

What's the chainline like with your sprocket the wrong way round? Looks like the sprocket clears the frame nicely without too ...more

It’s off a tiny bit but not enough to cause major issues. I had to take the BB cone spacer off that side though which I don’t personally like doing but otherwise it would be further out. Only issue is the chain used to slightly rub the inside of the guard due to how things were angled, and it would make a crunching noise until it wore in. I actually ended up filing a little bit down since it wasn’t much, and it only creaks a little bit now.

|

10/6/2021 9:32 AM

.pegless. wrote:

justin vogelsberger wrote:

On my Sunday Ian. And my Sunday 3rd wave I was able to run my 28t guard sprocket reversed like that with no issues . I'm not ...more

Yeah I know Ian Schwartz used to run his sprocket the wrong way round. Must be something about those older Sunday frames with the wishbone. I had a look on my fbm exodus and it didn't look like it would fit comfortably

|

10/6/2021 9:32 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

It’s off a tiny bit but not enough to cause major issues. I had to take the BB cone spacer off that side though which I don’t ...more

"only creaks a little bit now"
I like your style 👍

|