Volume Bikes for beginners?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2016 2:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2016 2:37 AM

Hey guys,
I want to start BMX riding and I am looking for some good bikes.
My favorite is a Volume Broc Raiford wich is exactly that amount of money which I was thinking to pay for it.

Do you feel it wether it's a bike wich is for advanced riders or do you think I can use ist as a beginner aswell?
I like it quite alot because it is full chrm and has a 21 TT wich I need.

To sum up the question is:
Do you feel a difference wether the bike is for beginners or for advanced riders and does a beginner can ride every BMX he wants?

Thank You

Nik

|

2/4/2016 11:01 AM

If you're tall enough for a 21" TT (I'd say 5'8" or taller), then it's definitely going to be a nice bike!

It will just be a stronger, lighter bike that will last you a long time, compared to a less expensive entry level bike.

Broc is one of the top pros out there and he's a nice guy as well, I would get one if you are stoked on it!

FYI - This is the wrong part of the forum to post this. You will get better response in the General BMX Talk section with questions like this.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/4/2016 11:43 AM

transition_chris wrote:

If you're tall enough for a 21" TT (I'd say 5'8" or taller), then it's definitely going to be a nice bike!

It will just be a stronger, lighter bike that will last you a long time, compared to a less expensive entry level bike.

Broc is one of the top pros out there and he's a nice guy as well, I would get one if you are stoked on it!

FYI - This is the wrong part of the forum to post this. You will get better response in the General BMX Talk section with questions like this.

Thank you for your answer!

How can I move my thread by the way?

I was also wondering wich bikes are good, too.
I just had a closer look to the Haro Bikes because they are full Chrm and have a 21" TT.

Besides that wich brands are making nice
bikes in the "money class" 550-800?
Volume Bikes, Haro Bike(?), Wethepeople(?)

I'm too new to rate brands and their bikes so your information are gold for me.

|

2/4/2016 11:52 AM

Jonick wrote:

Thank you for your answer!

How can I move my thread by the way?

I was also wondering wich bikes are good, too.
I just had a closer look to the Haro Bikes because they are full Chrm and have a 21" TT.

Besides that wich brands are making nice
bikes in the "money class" 550-800?
Volume Bikes, Haro Bike(?), Wethepeople(?)

I'm too new to rate brands and their bikes so your information are gold for me.

Can't move your thread unfortunately but you could make a new one.

All the brands you listed are quite good. You really can't go wrong when picking a bike at the higher end of things.

All I can recommend is that you get a bike with a cassette hub on the rear wheel. Some higher end bikes may come with a freecoaster hub, but I feel that as a beginner you should learn on a cassette first and only get a freecoaster later once you understand how to ride it.

Also, just make sure that the bike is set up with the gearing on the proper side. For the most part, if you ride left foot forward when going off a jump, you'll tend to grind on the left side of your bike. In this situation it is better if your sprocket and chain are on the right side of your bike, to keep them away from your pegs. If you're right foot forward, it will be the opposite and will be better if your gear and chain is on the left side of your bike. You can always change this later but it will be expensive. If you can get your bike set up properly from stock you'll be a lot better off!

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/4/2016 11:11 PM

|