Volume Vessel - Pegless and Sad

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2017 9:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2017 10:16 PM

Photo

I just picked up a Volume Vessel (21" top tube) with some fit forks, wtp cranks and some other extras for $115. I put all my other parts on it last night, so I decided now would be the best time to do a bike check.

Volume Vessel

Main Parts
Frame: Volume Vessel
Forks: Fit Blade 2
Bars: Daily Grind Tower Bars

Drive Train
Pedals: Stolen Throttles (Sealed)
Cranks: We The People 22mm
Sprocket: Tree 24t
Chain: Cult Half-Link

Front Wheel
Tyre: Shadow Valor 2.40
Rim: Odyssey Hazard Lite
Hub: Odyssey Antigram
Guard(s): G-Sport Gland MK3

Rear Wheel
Tyre: Shadow Valor 2.40
Rim: G-Sport Rollcage
Hub: Primo Freemix Pro
Guard(s): Primo Freemix Non-DS

Brakes
Lever: Fit
Cable(s): Odyssey
Detangler: None
U-Brake Arms: Tektro
Pads: Kool-Stop Salmon Colored

Extra Bits
Grips: S&M Hoders
Barends: Mosh
Stem: Stolen
Headset: Odyssey
Seat: Cult Dak
Seatpost: Tree?
Pegs: Titanium Odyssey w/ PVC Sleeves

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

1/1/2017 11:12 AM

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/1/2017 7:13 PM

Looks sweet

|

1/1/2017 10:16 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

Looks sweet

Thanks man

|

1/5/2017 8:07 AM

I really like this. And digging the high seat.

|

1/5/2017 12:25 PM

RIDEboarder wrote:

I really like this. And digging the high seat.

Thanks man! Honestly, that seat is a bit low for me... I usually run it an inch or 2 higher, but that seatpost is pretty short:

|

1/5/2017 4:12 PM

Love to see a close up of that paint job, looks pretty sweet

|

1/6/2017 10:14 PM

After seeing your setup, I think adding a silver supreme chain to your bike would look nice. It has a lifetime warranty from shadow as well. I rock mine with chrome bars too and it's mint.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

1/7/2017 9:03 AM

Slaytanic Wehrmacht 666 wrote:

After seeing your setup, I think adding a silver supreme chain to your bike would look nice. It has a lifetime warranty from ...more

I want to get a supreme, I just don't want to dish out the $55 for it. I was thinking about the Shadow Interlock 2 chain instead.

|

1/7/2017 9:05 AM

I added a few things to my ride yesterday. New Volume VLM grips, a 30 tooth sprocket, and a super-dialed brake setup. Photo

|

1/8/2017 10:25 AM

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/13/2017 10:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2017 10:56 AM

I finally cut the bars down to 27" wide last week, and I'm considering taking another half inch off on each side.

Photo

|

1/13/2017 3:17 PM

That frame color is so dope.

|

1/13/2017 3:55 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

That frame color is so dope.

Thanks man, I love it a lot. Definitely one of my top 3 frames.

|

1/15/2017 8:19 PM

Damn thats a long cable. Sweet ride tho, its eye catching

|

1/16/2017 8:39 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Damn thats a long cable. Sweet ride tho, its eye catching

Thanks dude! And yea, the cable is uncut so it's about 60 inches. It's nice for barspins, as I don't have a quality gyro set-up... yet. I've got about 7 zipties holding the cable in place, as I HATE the sound of the cable hitting the frame/bars/whatever.

|

1/22/2017 6:33 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

I got the Thunderbolts and the la guardia on, and it feels great! I'm glad I went with the odysseys. I also got some POS Black Ops Plastic Pegs, they're only temporary. I'll eventually have black pegs, black stem and black cable. I just picked up a mosh top load stem today, I'll be putting it on tomorrow.
|

1/24/2017 3:56 PM

I got my chain on, but I need to get a half link by KMC (my friend has one, I'll get it from him soon) so I'm pretty much running the wheel at the end of the dropouts, and the chain is loose as fuck. It can touch my brake pads. I put on a lizard skin chainstay protector, and it works great! I also traded seatposts with my buddy so I got his 330mm seatpost. It's literally slammed right now, it's massive. I also leveled my seat out, so it's different from the picture. Photo

Photo

|

1/28/2017 7:51 PM

Alright, so I'm brakeless again. I also threw on some Eclat fireballs (2.40 rear, 2.30 front) also got a kink Pivotal seat (not sure which one, but it's hella comfortable). I finally got around to taking a full link out and putting a half-link in its place, so I can run my wheel at around 13.30 on my chainstay.

Photo
Photo

|

1/29/2017 4:39 PM

A picture of my bike in front of a 10 stair I jumped earlier

Photo

|

1/30/2017 8:07 PM

Did you like the wtp cranks also were they the awakes ones?

|

2/1/2017 4:12 PM

nate-grimm wrote:

Did you like the wtp cranks also were they the awakes ones?

They were not the awake cranks, and I didn't care that much for them. They were cracked when I got them on the frame (both used) so I bought some Odysssy Thunderbolts.

|

2/2/2017 9:01 PM

Since this picture was taken, I've put my brakes back on (a new setup, odyssey Springfields with the stiff spring)

Photo

|

2/16/2017 7:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2017 7:15 PM

Only updated photo I have with 4 pegs and brakes. Probably going to switch to 2 pegs, as I don't see myself learning crookeds anytime soon.

Photo

|

3/5/2017 9:13 PM

FINALLY FINISHED!!! Only thing left is tires, running Mis-match ATM. Maybe a new stem eventually.

Photo

|

3/6/2017 11:15 PM

Glad too see that blue stem and those grips off in the current picture , bike looks clean . A friend had that frame and it rides sooooo sick , something about it just is mint . Aren't the dropouts like 7mm too ? I'm pretty sure they're fucking huge .

Also , how do you like your seat up that high ? I'm wanting to try out a high seat like over a fist full of post , like in Jacob Cables bike check . How are you enjoying it ? Does it get in the way ? How is it for pinching ?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/7/2017 8:42 AM

That bike looks rad

|

3/8/2017 5:17 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Glad too see that blue stem and those grips off in the current picture , bike looks clean . A friend had that frame and it ...more

Yup, I'm happy to be rid of all the blue stuff (the pegs and stem). I'm also glad to finally have black grips. I love the geometry of the frame, would definitely buy again. The dropouts are 7mm, which are crazyyyy fat.

I absolutely love the high seat! It makes pull-up bars super easy, I can do them regular and oppo 100% of the time. I run a little over a full fist of post, maybe a fist and a half lol. Never gets in the way, even when doing drops/any trick that involves moving your legs. You should definitely try it out (just curious, do you have instagram?).

|

3/8/2017 5:17 PM

eskimojay wrote:

That bike looks rad

Thank you man

|

3/11/2017 11:32 AM

Photo

Photo

Photo