Which Bike For Me?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2013 6:43 PM

Hey guys,

I'm brand new to the site because I wanted to get back into bmx. So This morning I bought a bike from this dude on craigslist. It's an Eastern frame kind of beat up, subrosa handlebars, shadow conspiricy pedals n whatever. But it turns out it's a piece of shit. The chain popped on me on my first ride. There are a few cracks in the frame which I overlooked when I bought it because I was pressed for time.

So long story short, I need a new bike pretty much. That's why I'm turning to you guys. I'm 6'4, 200lbs and I don't know which bike suits me best right now. Way back when (2006) I bought a Haro F3. It's was really heavy and bulky and I just didn't like the feel. Total noob bike. My budget for a bike is around $500. I really like WTP, Fit, Subrosa, Stolen, and Eastern.

I'd consider myself an intermediate rider. I like riding brakeless. I'm not really going hard...I'm mostly riding to school and biking downtown Orlando when I can. Who can suggest a bike for me?

|

5/11/2013 7:18 PM

Can't go wrong with a WTP. They are on sale cause the new models drop soon. So you can get more bang for your buck. And btw wrong section boss.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/11/2013 7:29 PM

Welcome back to BMX. Sucks that you started off buying a crap, but oh well resell and move on.

If you're a taller rider then I'd go for the Fit Mac 3. At $530 and brakless it should be right up your alley. That color scheme is pretty nice too. Fit Mac 3

If not that then maybe a Sunday. They've got really good warranty.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/12/2013 1:04 PM

I always recommend anything by WTP, failing that you could get a decent 2nd hand custom for that price.
Welcome back matey.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/12/2013 6:12 PM

Hey guys I appreciate your help. Means a lot. Sorry about posting in the wrong section, like I said I'm new here lol. I will certainly look into a Fit Mac3 or a Sunday. They sounds dope. Which WTP bike could I look into?

|

5/12/2013 6:26 PM

check out:

http://fitbikeco.com/bikes-2013/benny-sig/

figured id throw input to the thread. id personally avoid eastern and stolen at all cost. their stuff looks good, clean and etc, but im not sure the quality is there. thats just my opinion though, some will disagree.

any bike part can be garbage, regardless of how expensive or what company it is, but youre at way less risk if you throw out a little more money for something of higher quality.

either way, good luck on the search.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

5/12/2013 6:30 PM

Search Craigslist for a week to find a bike and post links and good pics here and we'll help you out. If that fails buy a fit Mac or save 200 more for the fit wifi completw

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

5/13/2013 9:06 AM

Dude I'm avoiding craigslist at all costs...that's exactly how I got burned in the first place lol. I'm gonna splurge on the Fit Mac3, I really like that bike. I'll look at the Fit Wifi too.

|

5/13/2013 9:13 AM

Personally I don't like the Mac 3. Steel bb and seat stays. Wifi or any signature series fit is nice though

|

I'm on the vital legit list!