Work in progress...... MUTT

Related:
Create New Tag

2/7/2012 11:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2012 9:50 PM

**UPDATE color change

SORRY about the quality of the pics.... I will try to get some better ones. bought the bike from a buddy for dirt cheap. since the purchase I have done wheels, hub guards, and stem.

Frame: Failure Grade 2 (green..... I hate the color)
Fork: Odyssey Director s2 (safety orange)
Bars: ......? (white)
Grips: ODI longnecks (white)
Stem: Tree Collet (raw)
Seat: MacNeil (white)

Cranks: Profile (chrome)
Sprocket: Eastern 25t (white)
Chain: Shadow Conspiracy halflink (silver)
Pedals: Odyssey twisted pc (black)

Front wheel:
Hub- Profile mini (antifreeze)
Rim- Odyssey 7ka (chrome)
Spokes- Odyssey
Hub Guard- Profile (raw)
Tire- Primo Dirt Monster 2.2

Rear wheel:
Hub- Profile mini 10t driver (antifreeze)
Rim- Odyssey 7ka (chrome)
Spokes- Odyssey
Hub Guard- Tree drive side (raw)
Tire- Profile Dirt Monster 2.2

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Decided to paint the frame white.... a family friend who paints cars for a living did it. The white is a really nice pearl but you can't really tell from the pic.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

2/7/2012 11:52 AM

Would look good if you painted bars and forks black and got a black seat! Otherwise great build, how much did you buy it for from your buddy?

|

2/7/2012 11:56 AM

not a bad bike at all, still havent got use to those forks just yet, but other than that i like it man

|

Refs: bmxsteve99, zinum, scramhype, joe_medina, foraben, momoney,

2/7/2012 12:00 PM

what i would do.

30tooth Black sprocket
Paint Forks/Frame Black
Black grips

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/7/2012 12:23 PM

bad monty wrote:

Would look good if you painted bars and forks black and got a black seat! Otherwise great build, how much did you buy it for from your buddy?

I picked it up for $200....... i just did the wheel set, fork, stem, and hub guards. The wheels on it weren't bad, older profile hubs with a hazard lite rear and a hula hoop front. He wanted them back so he bought them for $150. I just sold a specialized p2 so i threw the money into the wheel set I wanted. Next i'm going to do some duo brand stunner tan walls and that will be it for a while. After a little bit maybe some chrome bars and for my birthday I'm going to do a new frame. either trans black or white. And I would have liked to get the forks in a different color BUT these were too good of a deal to pass up. I would paint them but the warranty is more important to me than the color. I think either a white or black frame will make it look good.

|

2/7/2012 12:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2012 1:18 PM

decent-ish parts bad colour scheme..
spray the frame the same colour as your forks it would look sick and be unique and get a 28t sprocket and bar ends

|

parkrat.

2/7/2012 12:27 PM

HowMaybesGo wrote:

I picked it up for $200....... i just did the wheel set, fork, stem, and hub guards. The wheels on it weren't bad, older profile hubs with a hazard lite rear and a hula hoop front. He wanted them back so he bought them for $150. I just sold a specialized p2 so i threw the money into the wheel set I wanted. Next i'm going to do some duo brand stunner tan walls and that will be it for a while. After a little bit maybe some chrome bars and for my birthday I'm going to do a new frame. either trans black or white. And I would have liked to get the forks in a different color BUT these were too good of a deal to pass up. I would paint them but the warranty is more important to me than the color. I think either a white or black frame will make it look good.

Painting doesn't void Odysseys warranty.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

2/7/2012 12:37 PM

Nike iD wrote:

Painting doesn't void Odysseys warranty.

That is cool if it doesn't but it doesn't state specifically on their warranty page. It says that modifications have to be approved by them and then performed by a professional bicycle mechanic. I just don't want to chance it. If I paint anything right away it will be the frame. I'm kinda liking the orange...... looks stupid with the green on the frame though.

|

2/7/2012 1:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2012 1:21 PM

HowMaybesGo wrote:

That is cool if it doesn't but it doesn't state specifically on their warranty page. It says that modifications have to be approved by them and then performed by a professional bicycle mechanic. I just don't want to chance it. If I paint anything right away it will be the frame. I'm kinda liking the orange...... looks stupid with the green on the frame though.

do what i said and paint the frame orange would look cool and unique!
and white hubs would look amazing

|

parkrat.

2/7/2012 2:23 PM

sick parts, its just fuckin ugly

|

Been steering bars since febuary of 2010

2/7/2012 10:37 PM

SOLID bike bro id ride it and maybe paint the forks white and add green grips and maybe white walls

|

REFS= jakesalbert(x2), ride stoned(x2), ron44ald, fsearles, Warchol2(x2), the Balt(x2), jb07(x4), Riverside rider, Truebikerface, Droogskull, sandysik6six(x2), ryanxanimalbmx(x4), ScramHype(x5), CustomS&Mryder, Perkins94(x4), milou, ecuadevil(x9), Dee Hos(x5), Bmxryder2001, Netty Speghetti, Superstar DK(x7), Bstick(x3), iibmxii(x2), trentydoo, A08(x4), White Knight, Tito24(x2), Piffery, Pcoco(x2), Patriotsfan11, 562_rider, blaine80, joe dirt, ninjacat33, tinybikerider33, Bmxscout48, fly for life, Mnsketch, Night Light, Creativebmx, Verdecustom, KWC92, louie101202(x2), lilrider187, calirider89, EatMyButt, asilva23, kurtnut, motogrizz, disdiqqq, adam1234, four, Zackhendrix....txt 402-659-414three......... my most valued possession is my dark black past

2/8/2012 9:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2012 9:40 AM

forks, bars and seat are what makes the bike look bad. paint the bars, forks, and change the seat and it will look decent

|

I'm a mom that still rides lil kid bikes - old/midschool GT BMX guru
refs: TCbmx(x3),Ecuadevil(x2), Ron44ald, Spikez5, The Balt, Pleasedontdeleteme(x2), Aguers(x2), Effigy(x3), Warchol2, Dees Hos(x2), ScramHype, Showtime402, Sancheezz, Phocraken(traded), pcoco, Nike ID,1of1547,aw123412,BEASTASSDICK(x2), mike_1033,russellonabike, Fad3r, Chuck8273, verdecustom,FreddyDapice, bmxscout48

2/10/2012 6:14 AM

looks aggressive as hell, nice ride man

|

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."

2/19/2012 9:50 PM

update bump

|

2/19/2012 11:30 PM

i want those antifreeze green profile hubs so bad!! nice bike though.

|

=^@.@^=
refs: Dudeisdrumer109, Dee Hos, netty speghetti, nickg, meatsheets, tito24

2/21/2012 9:38 PM

i want your forks like bad bro!!but nice bike ha

|

BLRBMX "Dee hos you need to stop being so butthurt. It's vital, we're dicks. Get over it"
LEGIT guys tinybikeride33,Tcbmx,BEASTASSdick,milou,spikes5,Dee hos,BrokenBmx,Tito24,Aguers