update: raw hawk

Related:
Create New Tag

7/12/2018 3:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2018 3:18 PM

After riding brakeless for almost a year, decided to throw it back on. Had way too many close calls with cars and dumb tourists riding street, ruined shoes and worn tires. It felt okay but i really dont see many benefits riding brakeless. True, bike looks a lot cleaner and its easier to keep it dialed but still... i dont see why so many people hate brakes. I mean, you can use it or not, probably everyone had a situation where they wish they had one lol
+ you get a lot more trick options, fufs, abubacas, tire taps etc etc

anyways, couple days ago i got my new back rim and brake (hazard lite & evo2.5) along with grips, cables and few other spare parts, and they feel great! Stiff and smooth pull, not like shitty springfield which felt like they are made of some flexy plastic crap

better pics soon! feel free to ask questions about any part you are intrested in

barends: custom cnc'd

grips: volume green-black swirl

bars: federal drop 9.5" / 28"

lever: odyssey monolever M

cable: odyssey linear slic

stem: colony official

headset: custom cnc'd cap high polished, random bearings

fork: odyssey R25

front peg: custom 4.75 aluminum

FRONT WHEEL: saltplus trapez hub custom high polished, alienation pbr rim, demolition rig 2.25 tire

frame: cult hawk 20.75 trans green

seat: fiend rednolds deadline

bb: 19 mm + custom drs system (vocal vice)

cranks: profile race 175

sprocket: profile spline drive 28t

pedals: colony official

chain: odyssey bluebird

brake: odyssey evo 2.5, slim by 4s

rear peg: custom 4.75 steel

REAR WHEEL: cult match v2 female casette hub, odyssey hazard lite, demolition rig 2.25

|

7/12/2018 5:07 PM

Nice job on the bike and brake setup!

I feel the same way about brakes... I went brakeless for about 2yrs and the only real benefit was having to commit more, but a lot more almost eating shit hard moments. lol

|

7/12/2018 5:56 PM

Nice dude! I also recently threw a brake on after riding about 1 year brakeless... brakes are alot of fun, I have a Springfeild, do they EVOS really feel that much better? I mean $50 vs $17 but I mean from my experience the Springfields aren't really that bad, especially for $17...

But sexy looking bike man

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/12/2018 10:50 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Nice dude! I also recently threw a brake on after riding about 1 year brakeless... brakes are alot of fun, I have a Springfeild, do they EVOS really feel that much better? I mean $50 vs $17 but I mean from my experience the Springfields aren't really that bad, especially for $17...

yep, a lot better
springfields were okay at first, but after some time they started to feel terrible. you could literally see arms flexing back and forward when you pull a bit harder, so thats when i decided to take them off because i cant trust them anymore lol. Imagine snapping/bending brakes in the middle of abubaca on something bigger
they are $17 with reason haha, evos are definitely worth it

|

7/12/2018 11:00 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

tiho wrote:

yep, a lot better
springfields were okay at first, but after some time they started to feel terrible. you could literally see arms flexing back and forward when you pull a bit harder, so thats when i decided to take them off because i cant trust them anymore lol. Imagine snapping/bending brakes in the middle of abubaca on something bigger
they are $17 with reason haha, evos are definitely worth it

Ah, I gotcha, well, hopefully they hold up okay for me, I'll see how my Springfield holds up, I only use one finger to brake and do tricks, so it's not like I'm pulling insanely, but yeah, I'll probably go with some EVO 2.5s next...

|

7/13/2018 5:36 AM

That is looking really good, the colour scheme is spot on and I love the Hawk frame.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

7/13/2018 1:58 PM

Looks good.

I like brakes. I want a gyro set up but the only reason i dont ride them is I hate catching and doing barspins on the lever since i dont take my hand off.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/5/2018 11:30 AM

few recent pics
got a pair of bsd safari pedals after snapping colony fantastics, they feel a bit beefier and stickier because of micro knurling and yeaah

|

8/5/2018 11:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2018 11:36 AM

Looks really good dude!

Also. I got some EVO 2.5s recently and yeah. They're alot better than the Springfields haha!

|

8/5/2018 12:17 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Looks really good dude!

Also. I got some EVO 2.5s recently and yeah. They're alot better than the Springfields haha!

told ya

|

8/6/2018 9:38 AM

Awesome pics, man!

|

8/10/2018 1:05 PM

picture quality is insane, bikes nice too.

|

Ride everything

8/11/2018 6:15 AM

Jibby wrote:

picture quality is insane, bikes nice too.

thanks, its just iphone 6s

|

10/24/2018 10:02 AM

rawed the frame yesterday with paint stripper, came out pretty good

|

10/25/2018 6:53 AM

Wow really nice job on the rawing, looking sexy

|

10/26/2018 12:39 AM

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

10/29/2018 10:58 AM

Lookin’ fiiiiine!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA