identify my bike please and thank you

Related:
Create New Tag

1/31/2017 5:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/31/2017 2:10 PM

Photo

|

1/31/2017 8:58 AM

Serial number?

|

1/31/2017 10:56 AM

Yep, like Exil said, a serial number might be helpful. I'd start by looking at the underside of the bottom bracket. Also, more pictures may help, too. Looks like there is a sticker or label on the headtube? What's it say/look like?

I'll leave my other observations for later on. If you can find a serial number, the internet can possibly help you determine make/model.

|

1/31/2017 1:41 PM

A walgoose

|





1/31/2017 2:06 PM

i got it second hand, told its a custom Fit. the bars are for sure. this is my first year riding BMX hers the serial number
JC141112715

|

1/31/2017 2:12 PM

Photo

|

1/31/2017 6:45 PM

Sorry dude you got hella scammed. That is NOT a custom fit. It's a cheap Hyper or something.

|





1/31/2017 7:11 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Sorry dude you got hella scammed. That is NOT a custom fit. It's a cheap Hyper or something.

The only part on it that is fit are the grips lol, the fit long tech.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/31/2017 8:08 PM

Ye that ain't fit. Look at those cranks, that's something I see from Walmart

|

1/31/2017 11:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2017 1:09 AM

shiiiit.

|

2/1/2017 12:44 PM

This is crushing to see. Scammers are garbage.

To the OP, some things I'll point out on the bike so you can have a better idea of what to look for when you go for your next bike. If you don't know what a part I've mentioned is, google it first. This will be a great way to educate yourself on modern bike part taxonomy.

Note that I am gonna make some assumptions and generalizations, so if I'm incorrect I expect the community to correct me swiftly and with extreme prejudice! Name calling is acceptable. smile

From front to back, top to bottom. More or less...

Bars: I can't comment on those, not sure what they are. A closer inspection of the welds would be helpful. Crap welds are lumpy, inconsistent in height and width. Quality welds sorta look like rolls of coins lying on their side. They're consistent in every dimension, and downright beautiful in their own way. /nerd-out.

Stem: Looks (I can't really see) like a wedge style stem you'd find on lower-end completes. You probably wouldn't find that on a "custom Fit". Not a modern one anyway.

Headset: Looks like a "cup style". A cup style has cups (duh!) that press into the top and bottom of the headtube. You can see the bottom one in both of your pictures. It's the black donut/ring around the bottom of the headtube. Again, you probably wouldn't find this on any modern custom. There are cheap, major brand completes that don't even bother with this style on their cheap completes. Legit race bikes might still use these?? I don't care about BMX racing, so I don't care about its tech.

Fork: Cheap department store part. Thin dropouts, but large in surface area, plus the keeper washers.

Front wheel: Very likely a cheap department store part. That front wheel is laced radially, which you typically (read: never) won't find on a legitimate BMX. I have seen flatlanders do this from time to time, and certainly on road bike front wheels, but I've never seen one on a proper street/park/dirt BMX. Also, in my opinion, the nuts holding on the wheel look slight in stature.

Seat and seat clamp: Meh. The seat might be aftermarket.

Frame: As mentioned up-thread, look at the bottom bracket. Looks like a threaded American bottom bracket. I honestly don't know how far back Fit goes, and they very well may have had American BBs, but I'm gonna still say this is not a Fit frame, modern or otherwise. And what's that funny tab thing I see behind the bottom bracket?

Cranks: One piece threaded. Just the sort of thing you'd see on a cheap department store bike. I personally don't know of any completes from modern, reputable manufacturers who use these on their completes. Do they exist? Sure, why not. Again, I just don't know of any.

Rear wheel: No way I can identify it, but based on the rest of the bike, I'm gonna have to say it's definitely no reputable aftermarket and is probably of questionable manufacture.

Hopefully the rest of the forum can clarify or correct what I've said to give you even more useful information.

|

2/1/2017 7:19 PM

GMGuinn wrote:

This is crushing to see. Scammers are garbage.

To the OP, some things I'll point out on the bike so you can have a better idea of what to look for when you go for your next bike. If you don't know what a part I've mentioned is, google it first. This will be a great way to educate yourself on modern bike part taxonomy.

Note that I am gonna make some assumptions and generalizations, so if I'm incorrect I expect the community to correct me swiftly and with extreme prejudice! Name calling is acceptable. smile

From front to back, top to bottom. More or less...

Bars: I can't comment on those, not sure what they are. A closer inspection of the welds would be helpful. Crap welds are lumpy, inconsistent in height and width. Quality welds sorta look like rolls of coins lying on their side. They're consistent in every dimension, and downright beautiful in their own way. /nerd-out.

Stem: Looks (I can't really see) like a wedge style stem you'd find on lower-end completes. You probably wouldn't find that on a "custom Fit". Not a modern one anyway.

Headset: Looks like a "cup style". A cup style has cups (duh!) that press into the top and bottom of the headtube. You can see the bottom one in both of your pictures. It's the black donut/ring around the bottom of the headtube. Again, you probably wouldn't find this on any modern custom. There are cheap, major brand completes that don't even bother with this style on their cheap completes. Legit race bikes might still use these?? I don't care about BMX racing, so I don't care about its tech.

Fork: Cheap department store part. Thin dropouts, but large in surface area, plus the keeper washers.

Front wheel: Very likely a cheap department store part. That front wheel is laced radially, which you typically (read: never) won't find on a legitimate BMX. I have seen flatlanders do this from time to time, and certainly on road bike front wheels, but I've never seen one on a proper street/park/dirt BMX. Also, in my opinion, the nuts holding on the wheel look slight in stature.

Seat and seat clamp: Meh. The seat might be aftermarket.

Frame: As mentioned up-thread, look at the bottom bracket. Looks like a threaded American bottom bracket. I honestly don't know how far back Fit goes, and they very well may have had American BBs, but I'm gonna still say this is not a Fit frame, modern or otherwise. And what's that funny tab thing I see behind the bottom bracket?

Cranks: One piece threaded. Just the sort of thing you'd see on a cheap department store bike. I personally don't know of any completes from modern, reputable manufacturers who use these on their completes. Do they exist? Sure, why not. Again, I just don't know of any.

Rear wheel: No way I can identify it, but based on the rest of the bike, I'm gonna have to say it's definitely no reputable aftermarket and is probably of questionable manufacture.

Hopefully the rest of the forum can clarify or correct what I've said to give you even more useful information.

i really appreciate all that info.. yeah im really really heart-broken but this is a huge lesson to get on knowing my bikes and parts before buying!!! i didnt pay too much for it, and for sure it is teaching me the ways of bmx! by the time i get a good bike i should be able to really ride it smile i didnt know this shit could be so fun and it consumes all of me

|

2/1/2017 8:08 PM

You can still learn on it, it'll just be mildly frustrating. Dont write it off as a loss yet since it might still be good to you.

|





2/2/2017 7:40 AM

GrimReaper92 wrote:

i really appreciate all that info.. yeah im really really heart-broken but this is a huge lesson to get on knowing my bikes and parts before buying!!! i didnt pay too much for it, and for sure it is teaching me the ways of bmx! by the time i get a good bike i should be able to really ride it smile i didnt know this shit could be so fun and it consumes all of me

Yes! Stick with it!

Good news is that there are beginner completes by reputable manufacturers that you can get on the cheap. The Mongoose Mode 900 is one such complete. Inexpensive, and it has a cro-mo frame, fork, and bars.

|

2/3/2017 3:48 AM

GMGuinn wrote:

This is crushing to see. Scammers are garbage.

To the OP, some things I'll point out on the bike so you can have a better idea of what to look for when you go for your next bike. If you don't know what a part I've mentioned is, google it first. This will be a great way to educate yourself on modern bike part taxonomy.

Note that I am gonna make some assumptions and generalizations, so if I'm incorrect I expect the community to correct me swiftly and with extreme prejudice! Name calling is acceptable. smile

From front to back, top to bottom. More or less...

Bars: I can't comment on those, not sure what they are. A closer inspection of the welds would be helpful. Crap welds are lumpy, inconsistent in height and width. Quality welds sorta look like rolls of coins lying on their side. They're consistent in every dimension, and downright beautiful in their own way. /nerd-out.

Stem: Looks (I can't really see) like a wedge style stem you'd find on lower-end completes. You probably wouldn't find that on a "custom Fit". Not a modern one anyway.

Headset: Looks like a "cup style". A cup style has cups (duh!) that press into the top and bottom of the headtube. You can see the bottom one in both of your pictures. It's the black donut/ring around the bottom of the headtube. Again, you probably wouldn't find this on any modern custom. There are cheap, major brand completes that don't even bother with this style on their cheap completes. Legit race bikes might still use these?? I don't care about BMX racing, so I don't care about its tech.

Fork: Cheap department store part. Thin dropouts, but large in surface area, plus the keeper washers.

Front wheel: Very likely a cheap department store part. That front wheel is laced radially, which you typically (read: never) won't find on a legitimate BMX. I have seen flatlanders do this from time to time, and certainly on road bike front wheels, but I've never seen one on a proper street/park/dirt BMX. Also, in my opinion, the nuts holding on the wheel look slight in stature.

Seat and seat clamp: Meh. The seat might be aftermarket.

Frame: As mentioned up-thread, look at the bottom bracket. Looks like a threaded American bottom bracket. I honestly don't know how far back Fit goes, and they very well may have had American BBs, but I'm gonna still say this is not a Fit frame, modern or otherwise. And what's that funny tab thing I see behind the bottom bracket?

Cranks: One piece threaded. Just the sort of thing you'd see on a cheap department store bike. I personally don't know of any completes from modern, reputable manufacturers who use these on their completes. Do they exist? Sure, why not. Again, I just don't know of any.

Rear wheel: No way I can identify it, but based on the rest of the bike, I'm gonna have to say it's definitely no reputable aftermarket and is probably of questionable manufacture.

Hopefully the rest of the forum can clarify or correct what I've said to give you even more useful information.

My FIT Series 1 Aitken had American BB and no internal headset... That said it only came in Black or Burgundy.

Can you get money back on bike?

|

2/3/2017 5:05 AM

this bike is literally saving my life right now, its kinda been a long hard year but i just got into bmx , and this winter ive been ripping around for mental relief, plus learning how to fall and trynna keep in decent shape so this summer i can learn tricks, its not the bikes fault and it sure gets me around .

|

2/3/2017 7:38 AM

Rusko187 wrote:

My FIT Series 1 Aitken had American BB and no internal headset... That said it only came in Black or Burgundy.

Can you get money back on bike?

Nice! I didn't think it was out of the realm of possibility. I went and looked up some Aitken S1s on bmxmuseum.

|

2/3/2017 7:42 AM

GrimReaper92 wrote:

this bike is literally saving my life right now, its kinda been a long hard year but i just got into bmx , and this winter ive been ripping around for mental relief, plus learning how to fall and trynna keep in decent shape so this summer i can learn tricks, its not the bikes fault and it sure gets me around .

For sure, stick with it. It's a great escape and source of freedom. Just get on your bike and go.

|