just finished my first build. what do you think?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2016 8:19 PM

first build done! love the way it rides, with just over $1,450 including the pre build haro midway thanks to my local bike shop Revolt BMX. Anything you guys would have done different? and why?

|

1/17/2016 8:21 PM

Maybe show a picture or a build list...

|

1/17/2016 8:25 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/17/2016 8:26 PM

420bongblazer wrote:

Maybe show a picture or a build list...

sorry I thought I did. here she is

|

1/17/2016 8:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2016 8:30 PM

frame: haro midway
bars; cult
front rim: colony
rear rim: primo
front hub: colony
rear hub: colony
stem: kink
rear hub: stranger/primo
cranks: colony
sprocket: stolen
chain: kmc
brakes: odyssey

|

1/18/2016 9:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/18/2016 9:12 AM

I personally love this bike! It looks very well done. Black/Red is one of my favorite color combinations, and this has just that. The brake cord and grips accent the tires just enough, that it doesn't over do it. Very well done indeed!

|

Ride Until The Day I Die

1/18/2016 1:37 PM

NotoriousBKN wrote:

I personally love this bike! It looks very well done. Black/Red is one of my favorite color combinations, and this has just ...more

Thanks a lot man! I worked my fingers to the bone in order to build my bike while going to college. I'm glad you like it!

|

1/18/2016 7:38 PM

This is a great looking build man! 10/10, love rainbow spokes and color combo!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

1/18/2016 9:08 PM

readybmxer wrote:

This is a great looking build man! 10/10, love rainbow spokes and color combo!

Photo

this is when I only had bars, brake, grips and tires. thanks man I was going to go all black than I imagined the oil slick, chrome and red parts together, than went for it. It takes a long time just don't dive into parts compulsively, I made that mistake and wasted a few hundred. total cost of the build not including frame/headset/seat&post/fork, retail $1,450, I paid $1,015.
|

1/18/2016 10:58 PM

should get another firestorm rim but brakes will kill it

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

1/19/2016 1:42 AM

aussiebmxer wrote:

Yeah I was so bummed! I was literally going to learn to ride brakeless just to have that rear fire storm. I figured id make the most of it and add the chrome as part of the color scheme so I got the chrome cranks and next is going to be chrome forks(possibly).

|

1/19/2016 3:16 PM

Tiga Killa wrote:

Yeah I was so bummed! I was literally going to learn to ride brakeless just to have that rear fire storm. I figured id make ...more

thats what ive just done aswell, chrome rim, cranks and forks

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

1/20/2016 1:50 AM

aussiebmxer wrote:

Tiga Killa wrote:

Yeah I was so bummed! I was literally going to learn to ride brakeless just to have that rear fire storm. I figured id make ...more

aussiebmxer wrote:

thats what ive just done aswell, chrome rim, cranks and forks

that's whats up ill take a look at your bike check. the chrome rear makes the brake work so much better its unbelieveable( had a painted rear before the chrome). the chrome actually looks killer especially with the rainbow spokes. I need a opinion on this.. I have a pair of chrome chromoly handle bars, should I change them from my cult matte black bars?

|

1/20/2016 2:35 AM

ill update my bike check now. try em on and see how they look

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

1/20/2016 2:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2016 2:51 AM

here is my bike check
BTW what spokes??
|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

1/20/2016 5:15 AM

aussiebmxer wrote: here is my bike check
BTW what spokes??

yeah I'm going to do that at some point only problem is that I don't have an air compressor to take off my grips and my brake lever pin is broken but I guess I can just put em up with other grips and dangle that cults.... dude I absolutely love your bike and set up, flows together so good!

|

1/20/2016 10:16 AM

Tiga Killa wrote:

frame: haro midway
bars; cult
front rim: colony
rear rim: primo
front hub: colony
rear hub: colony
stem: kink
rear hub: ...more

what are the tires? love the colour scheme btw, spokes are nice!

|

I can't upload a photo for my sig. it's that guy puking really hard, except it's coming out of his ears and eyes, too. just imagine that instead of this text. oh look, there he is now!

1/20/2016 11:30 AM

The ONLY thing I would change is I would take hubgaurds off when I don't have pegs. That's just me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/20/2016 5:44 PM

deepdiarrhea wrote:

what are the tires? love the colour scheme btw, spokes are nice!

they are fit tires 24.5. but I now have a white wall, black tread in the rear

|

3/9/2016 12:21 PM

Tiga Killa wrote:

yeah I'm going to do that at some point only problem is that I don't have an air compressor to take off my grips and my brake ...more

Wd40 to take grips off. Not a lot and preferably with a straw. Lift one end of the grip and work the straw to the other end carefully. Squirt a little at a time as you pull the straw back out and twist the grip off. Works amazing. And to put back on squirt a little on your finger and rub the inside of the grip with that finger (both sides) and itll slip right on and be set in 20 mins or less.

|