q,s about getting paint off hub hub

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2012 10:11 PM

so tommorow itl be raining il be bored so im gona take all the paint off a shadow raptor hub then splatter gold paint on it then straight lace it to a deviant rim. any one know a good way of getting the paint off and making it shiny. also whats a good way of splattering the paint on. thanks

|

4/10/2012 11:38 PM

paint stripper, then use some polish from a car shop with some suuuper fine sandpaper, like 1000 then 3000 (i think), and get an oldschool cheapo paint brush, leave some paint on the brush so it gets all crispy and the bristles stick in clumps, then put a lot of paint on the brush and fling that shit

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

4/11/2012 8:49 AM

metalheadification wrote:

paint stripper, then use some polish from a car shop with some suuuper fine sandpaper, like 1000 then 3000 (i think), and get an oldschool cheapo paint brush, leave some paint on the brush so it gets all crispy and the bristles stick in clumps, then put a lot of paint on the brush and fling that shit

if its anodized you need oven cleaneer, if its powder coat you need paint stripper. after you use those, take any grit snadpaper over 240 and give it a good sanding. after that rub it smooth with steel wool. then use "mothers aluminum and mag" polish from walmart ($4.38 a tub) . then put it on a paper towel and rub the hub until the white polish turnsblackish gray. then take another paper towel (you can use rags but it ruins them) and rub the hub for a solid 10 minutes. or if you have a buffing wheel just use that. then after its all done it should look like this....
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/11/2012 6:21 PM

Toothbrush for paint splatter ^ for polishing.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

4/12/2012 9:41 AM

dang, thats exacly what i wanted to do, i did it only to my freecoaster. if its aluminum, do i have to cover it up will enamel or clearcoat or whatever??

|

BMX Street. Some park. Do what you can, dont break any bones, Dont rip your muscles. Dont mess your wrists up.

4/12/2012 9:18 PM

Vadim wrote:

dang, thats exacly what i wanted to do, i did it only to my freecoaster. if its aluminum, do i have to cover it up will enamel or clearcoat or whatever??

it wouldnt be a bad idea

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/13/2012 2:56 PM

Vadim wrote:

Aluminum doesn't rust. It cerrodes

|