Cryptkeeper’s dirt jumps..privately public

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2018 11:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2020 10:09 AM

***PLEASE MESSAGE ME PRIVATELY FOR LOCATION. WANNA TRY AND KEEP PICTURES ONLY IN THIS THREAD.******

I DONT SEE POSTS AS QUICKLY AS A PRIVATE MESSAGE

Making this post to track the build of my jumps in San diego.

We don't need help building right now.

To many people have come and showed they don't know how to build. Please just come, water the lips if you can and enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------CURRENT CONDITIONS----------------------------------------------------------

1/272019

Got the first few jumps completely dialed. A couple mid pack jumps are in progress and not rideable.

Waiting for some more rain to come so I can finish the landings.

Updated pics coming soon...

I got tired of looking online for hours, searching google earth with little success and decided to just start my own spot.

If you know where this is, please don't give away the location carelessly. I don't mind sharing this location with anyone willing to browse this site. I really want to share this with people that actually enjoy dirt jumps also.

My spot was built solely by me, my wife and my nephew. All are welcome here. All I ask if if you can bring water to wet the jumps before riding.
Photo

Photo

IF YOU WANT TO HELP BUILD HERE...DONT

We appreciate all help. This has taken us so long and have had so many set backs.

1.) please only repair what is already there unless you have been riding there a while and know what plans I have for this place.

2.) The big line, feel free to help make it as big as you can. Building landings sucks.

3.) The small line is my wifes, please don't build it bigger. she works really hard on getting it dialed and she builds it bigger as she gets better at riding them.

Thanks for being cool

|

5/3/2018 12:07 PM

The beginning...
Photo
Photo Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Photo

|

5/3/2018 3:02 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

6/9/2018 7:09 PM

Hey man sent you a pm don’t know if you got it new to this site

|

8/26/2018 2:35 PM

Hey man, I just moved to Escondido from Vancouver Island in Canada, where DJing is huge, and I'm looking for jumps to ride/build in the area. If you would be open to sharing, I'd love to come ride as I've had little luck trying to find a spot to build my own near me. Thanks!

|

8/27/2018 8:14 AM

I have been looking for spots to ride for a long time, this looks legendary!

|

8/30/2018 7:39 AM

WildeB33st wrote:

I have been looking for spots to ride for a long time, this looks legendary!

Haha thanks man but far from legendary. Hopefully some day it will grow into memorable spot. Send me a pm with your number and I’ll give you the direction. Hope to see you out there man

|

8/30/2018 7:40 AM

excanadian wrote:

Hey man, I just moved to Escondido from Vancouver Island in Canada, where DJing is huge, and I'm looking for jumps to ride/build in the area. If you would be open to sharing, I'd love to come ride as I've had little luck trying to find a spot to build my own near me. Thanks!

Bro, why did you leave!! Haha wish I coulda have traded you. Your more than welcome to come out man. Just pm me with your number and I’ll text you the location. Hope to see you out there

|

8/30/2018 10:26 AM

Cryptkeeper127 wrote:

Bro, why did you leave!! Haha wish I coulda have traded you. Your more than welcome to come out man. Just pm me with your number and I’ll text you the location. Hope to see you out there

Sent!

|

8/31/2018 4:03 PM

excanadian wrote:

Cryptkeeper127 wrote:

excanadian wrote:

Sent!

if you can, post a pick of the spot when you go.

Visiting this place is as easy as PM'ing me your number, show me a pick of your bike so I know your real and ill send you the GPS.

Hope you have a good time man

|

9/17/2018 1:41 PM

So awesome

|

12/9/2018 9:52 PM

Looks awesome — I’m now living in san diego from Vancouver, where of course the mtb scene is much larger. Would love to ride these jumps if i could!

|

12/22/2018 7:31 PM

those jumps look siiickk!!!! i rarely ride dirt anymore and i really want too. where is it tho? i'm down to help too over winter break if thats good with you idk

|

1/4/2019 10:23 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

those jumps look siiickk!!!! i rarely ride dirt anymore and i really want too. where is it tho? i'm down to help too over winter break if thats good with you idk

hey guys, would be stoked for you to come out and check out the jumps. For some reason i cant private message you. try and send me a message with your phone and ill send you the location.

|

1/4/2019 10:24 AM

tbelzberg wrote:

Looks awesome — I’m now living in san diego from Vancouver, where of course the mtb scene is much larger. Would love to ride these jumps if i could!

send me a private message man and ill hook you up

|

1/8/2019 12:00 PM

It was a prettylong and DRY summer. This dirt is like dust and pretty crappy when dry. Almost impossible to continue building without a water source. First i was using this pest control backpack sprayer. was good at first but 5 gallosn was not enough. this is great for prepping the jumps before riding.

Photo

Since i needed more water, i found this tank with a pump build in. these are used for large pest control stuff on farms. i think they mount these on carts or even quads to drive around with. I used a dolly and bought a small 12v battery. Thing was awesome but the spray handle was cheap and broke quickly. So.. back to the drawing board.

Photo
Photo
Photo

Finally, i came to this. I bought a water pump on amazon for $30, 12v battery, hose and nozzle. Found a 50 gallon water tank on craiglist and boom. 50 gallons of water with a powered hose.

Photo
Photo
Photo

Hopefully this helps anyone with drought problems.

|

1/9/2019 4:43 AM

Cryptkeeper127 wrote:

It was a prettylong and DRY summer. This dirt is like dust and pretty crappy when dry. Almost impossible to continue building without a water source. First i was using this pest control backpack sprayer. was good at first but 5 gallosn was not enough. this is great for prepping the jumps before riding.

Photo

Since i needed more water, i found this tank with a pump build in. these are used for large pest control stuff on farms. i think they mount these on carts or even quads to drive around with. I used a dolly and bought a small 12v battery. Thing was awesome but the spray handle was cheap and broke quickly. So.. back to the drawing board.

Photo
Photo
Photo

Finally, i came to this. I bought a water pump on amazon for $30, 12v battery, hose and nozzle. Found a 50 gallon water tank on craiglist and boom. 50 gallons of water with a powered hose.

Photo
Photo
Photo

Hopefully this helps anyone with drought problems.

Awesome solution man!

|

1/10/2019 6:57 AM

Progress Report 1/2019

Finally getting lots of rain. The only bummer is now more locals have been showing up/ building. Help/ company is great but knowing how to build is better. No grass or weeds added to the dirt when building!

4th Landing rebuild
Photo

Photo

Photo
Photo

|

1/10/2019 7:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2019 7:17 AM

Looks like someone was having a hard time clearing the 5th haha. Lading rebuild and 6th Jump added to the line.
Pictures are out of order. sucks uploading on here
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Best feeling. When you finally have the jump finished and it works out perfectly the first time through.

Photo

|

1/10/2019 7:12 AM

Needed a small break from this place.

Photo

So I built a few small ramps for the yard. Hit me up for build plans.

Photo
Photo
Photo

Superman seatgrab. With the bike still on the rack haha.
Photo

The wife has been keeping up the smaller line really well. I don't know how but she makes the dirt as hard as concrete.
Photo

New Pump track being built in Carmel Valley. Not sure of the name but ill post pics and location when it opens.
Photo

|

2/10/2019 11:36 PM

You do great work! I used to live in Cali but wasn't into riding back then. Cool to watch it come together through the pics!

|

2/25/2019 1:01 PM

Hey I sent a PM! Hope to hear back soon!!

|

3/17/2019 7:36 AM

Hey dude. PM’d you but you must be overwhelmed with people hitting you up lol. Anyway. I got loads of shovels, generators, and a truck ready to help. Just bought a new bike too. It needs a little for Uber the tires my man. Hope to hear back from you. Take it easy??

|

3/18/2019 7:40 AM

Caleb_Simpson wrote:

Hey dude. PM’d you but you must be overwhelmed with people hitting you up lol. Anyway. I got loads of shovels, generators, and a truck ready to help. Just bought a new bike too. It needs a little for Uber the tires my man. Hope to hear back from you. Take it easy??

What’s up man, I tried to text the number you sent but didn’t hear back. I responded to the PM you sent me but not sure if you got it. This website is kinda crappy in that way. Check the number you gave me and see if it’s correct. I’ll be out there all week.

|

3/20/2019 7:49 AM

So far I have responded to everyone on that has reached out. Thank you guys for your patience, I haven’t forgotten.
This weekend I’ll be out there, I’ll reach out to those who sent me their numbers and try and have a little meet up dig session.

The rain was pretty hard on the jumps. We spent some time on the last ones and only have enough plastic to cover those.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Also some cows from a near by field got out and wanted to eat the grass that was only by the jumps. So, most of them were trampled and turned to dust. On top of that, the weeds grow so fast here. Last couple of days have been weed whacking and pulling weeds. Dirt has already dried a lot on the surface.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Stopped by the bundy jumps after it rained. Was just in the area and always enjoy checking out the progress on other spots. Still massive as always, only needs a little work but those guys are on top of it. Please don’t burn this spot. If you know where it is cool, only offer the location through PM. This is one of the last remaining legendary spots of SoCal.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

5/14/2019 8:52 AM

I'm one of main builders at Bundy, I use almost the same water setup with Tacoma also, have 5 55 gal tanks and the 275 gal ibc crate at Bundy is mine, would like to come check your spot sometime! Here's a recent edit cheers

|

5/15/2019 9:31 AM

Magicmac wrote:

I'm one of main builders at Bundy, I use almost the same water setup with Tacoma also, have 5 55 gal tanks and the 275 gal ibc crate at Bundy is mine, would like to come check your spot sometime! Here's a recent edit cheers

Duuuudddee stoked to get some of your attention on here man. Bunny trails are legendary for sure! I haven’t ridden them yet, no ones ever there when I stop by and didn’t know what the local vibe was like. Beautiful spot man. The video link you sent looks like it was blocked but I check it your other ones and the Ellsworth 3fords is a really cool line! Looks really fun and unique, also looks like it was a ton of work! Would love to have you out to session my spot. It doesn’t compare to anything else that’s still around but it has some flow to it. I’ll send you a private message with my number to meet up.

Jumps are currently pretty worn out. Spent that last weekend weeding everything. supposed to get some rain this week so hopefully I’ll have most of them dialed back in by the weekend.

|

12/16/2019 9:51 AM

Bumpin this to the top.

Finally had the first rain this winter and its been awesome. MY girl and I have completely fixed the 1st 2 jumps in each pack. Still too muddy to ride but perfect for throwing up stacks. still looking for EXPERIENCED help.

This spot is not a "no dig, no ride" type of spot. The last thing I want is someone trying to help without knowing what I need help on.

Enjoy what we made and leave it alone.

You wanna dig, start a new line out there or stack more dirt on the landings on the big line.

Thanks!

|

2/3/2020 7:04 AM

Yo just wanted to say it looks awesome! Good work!

|

Licensed Desk Jockey

4/25/2020 2:21 PM

Hey man, sent you a pm, i’m interested in helping out and riding

|