Cryptkeeper’s dirt jumps..privately public

Related:
Create New Tag

4/29/2020 7:06 AM

Hey Cryptkeeper127, I sent you a PM. please let me know if there's a water source nearby or if I have to bring my own.

|

5/15/2020 8:18 AM

This is rad, can I get in on this due to riding a Cryptkeeper as well? laughing

|

7/24/2020 10:40 AM

What happened to these jumps? I knew where they were as soon as i saw the surrounding area in the pictures. Went to check them out and they are almost completely destroyed. Did op move away? Was he told not to ride here?

|

8/3/2020 11:19 AM

bernard0350 wrote:

What happened to these jumps? I knew where they were as soon as i saw the surrounding area in the pictures. Went to check them ...more

What’s up guys.

Beginning of COVID a group of kids started showing up with 50cc motor cycles. Literally drove up on them their first day there and stopped them. Thought I had a really good talk with them about the work that went into that place and how their dirt bikes will ruin it in a couple passes. Lots of attitude back, like “this is public property” and “your not the owner of this land.” I said your right man, but how much did you guys build? No response. I told them this took 2 years and their ganna ruin it for everyone. They Seemed like they were ganna be cool about it, but a couple hours later I could see them back riding from my house. After just a couple hours the jumps already had deep ruts. Totally unridable for bmx.
Because I can’t stand seeing them continue to ruin it and ride when I’m not there, I trashed the lip for each jump making it impossible for them to ride. I’m sorry this affects everyone else but I didn’t sacrifice that much time for some annoying kids to throw it in my face.
Been scouting a few new spots in the mean time. 1 seems very secret and promising. Looking for recruits smile

When it starts to rain again, I’ll be back and the Warnock jumps will grow again. For those following this thread still, here’s your key to the location.

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

8/3/2020 11:28 AM

To be honest with the vital community. I’ve been super hesitant to allow people To this spot. I want everyone to enjoy this spot, but I also don’t want anything changed if possible. There’s been to many times where I’ve showed up at the Warnocks an some kids chopped the jump/landing and fillin the gaps with pallets or whatever. It’s real hard to keep rebuilding the same jumps over and over. Are there any homies out there willing to help maintain/ protect this? I’m a the point of saying screw it, full exposure, what happens happens. But if there’s some riders that are down To go regularly, I think this spot can be 2 times as big .

All new PM’s will be taken seriously From now on. Please help keep this spot alive

|

8/3/2020 11:38 AM

What a bummer, sorry to read about the shitbags. Sucks but I would have done the same thing as you and torn down the lips.

|

8/7/2020 7:12 AM

Dang, that sucks. I've heard pit bikes are a major problem out here for dirt jumpers. I went to Bearcat a few weeks ago, and it was trashed. Anyway, I ride every weekend. If it's close by enough (less than 45 minutes from Mira Mesa) you can depend on me to come out and sweep/ dig. Is there a water source there? PM me some details if you're okay with it. Btw, I ride at sweetwater every weekend, so if you've been up there in the last 6 weeks we've probably already met.

|

1/27/2021 8:36 AM

Whats up Vital crew,

The spot is still available to anyone who wants to shovel. Im down to revive this place if I can get a few guys together. Very minimal work, just repairing the small jumps at the beginning of each line. The last few times I've stopped by there everything looks great.

PM me and lets bbq/build

|

11/5/2021 10:17 PM

excanadian wrote:

Hey man, I just moved to Escondido from Vancouver Island in Canada, where DJing is huge, and I'm looking for jumps to ...more

Hit me up let's ride

|