La, Korea Town?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/20/2013 6:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2013 8:18 PM

Anyone near K-town that knows any good spots? Radio Korea seems nice but it's filled with skaters on sundays...

|

9/21/2013 9:36 AM

duh herro?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/21/2013 12:10 PM

haha

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/21/2013 4:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/21/2013 4:38 PM

Original thread was asking if anyone around K-town would be down to ride. Then I realized I find it hard to ride with other people unless they are the really progressive type of riders. Although i'm not sure wheter or not I'd consider myself
"progressive" as I only know how to do a handful of tricks.....Sometimes I don't understand myself.... I might be bi-polar O_O I've been ridding alone since I started riding sometimes it gets boring but it's pretty decent. Then I thought who the fuck is going to want to ride so then I edited and posted some dumb shit to throw everyone off and divert the attention from my thread tongue

|

9/23/2013 11:30 AM

Aav1996 wrote:

Original thread was asking if anyone around K-town would be down to ride. Then I realized I find it hard to ride with other people unless they are the really progressive type of riders. Although i'm not sure wheter or not I'd consider myself
"progressive" as I only know how to do a handful of tricks.....Sometimes I don't understand myself.... I might be bi-polar O_O I've been ridding alone since I started riding sometimes it gets boring but it's pretty decent. Then I thought who the fuck is going to want to ride so then I edited and posted some dumb shit to throw everyone off and divert the attention from my thread tongue

Just ride with everyone! It doesn't matter if they're super progressive or not, it's all about the sense of adventure, exploration, and good vibes...

|

9/23/2013 5:41 PM

zachkrejmas wrote:

Just ride with everyone! It doesn't matter if they're super progressive or not, it's all about the sense of adventure, exploration, and good vibes...

You see.... I'm not really good at walking up to random people and striking up conversations. But I'm working on it and I'll definitely try your suggestion smile

|

10/5/2013 10:18 AM

Most of the spots in K-Town are a bust now. The ledges on wilshire between hobart and western are cool but mostly taken over by skaters. The huge bank to wall ride behind the resturant on wilshire and normandie is cool. Lafayette park down near mcarthur park and the lacc is cool also. I ride long beach at mlk and cherry park.

|

10/5/2013 9:07 PM

D'viant_D'meanor wrote:

Most of the spots in K-Town are a bust now. The ledges on wilshire between hobart and western are cool but mostly taken over by skaters. The huge bank to wall ride behind the resturant on wilshire and normandie is cool. Lafayette park down near mcarthur park and the lacc is cool also. I ride long beach at mlk and cherry park.

From my experience skaters ain't that bad. Some are total dicks but overall not bad dudes gets filled with skaters on sundays (little to no security). On weekdays everything is pretty calm expect the streets are crowded with people. Best days to ride around wilshire are on holidays and weekends. That bank to wall ride on the tofu restaurant place is amazing... Some huge tire marks on that wall.

You been down over to Lafayette? I hear it gets filled with "unwanted" people and the skaters are salty about bikers riding the park.

|

11/3/2013 5:29 PM

I'm trying to find people to ride with too i met some people at this school by my house in known but then never saw them again. I totally suck like can barley bunny hop that's why it's hard for me to approach people lol i don't have anything to offer if anything i need help from more experienced riders. I see a guy on a bike like once a month

|

I just wanna do a Double Backflip. XD

11/4/2013 3:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2013 3:23 PM

Henry_Galdamez wrote:

I'm trying to find people to ride with too i met some people at this school by my house in known but then never saw them again. I totally suck like can barley bunny hop that's why it's hard for me to approach people lol i don't have anything to offer if anything i need help from more experienced riders. I see a guy on a bike like once a month

Where exactly you located at? I saw you post a couple of times quite a while ago all you said was midtown I have no idea what streets are around there.

|

11/4/2013 5:09 PM

Henry_Galdamez wrote:

I'm trying to find people to ride with too i met some people at this school by my house in known but then never saw them again. I totally suck like can barley bunny hop that's why it's hard for me to approach people lol i don't have anything to offer if anything i need help from more experienced riders. I see a guy on a bike like once a month

Aav1996 wrote:

Where exactly you located at? I saw you post a couple of times quite a while ago all you said was midtown I have no idea what streets are around there.

By pico and western.

|

I just wanna do a Double Backflip. XD

11/4/2013 5:13 PM

That's not far... I've actually been past those streets. You down to ride sometime?

|

11/4/2013 6:18 PM

Yeah man, for sure. I'm a total noob though, fair warning. haha have you been riding for a while?

|

I just wanna do a Double Backflip. XD

11/4/2013 6:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2013 4:55 PM

I'm goin on 3 years I think... Started riding in 2011 I ain't no pro but I know my fair share of tricks. Txt me up I might be able to ride this weekend

|

11/4/2013 7:26 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

I'm goin on 3 years I think... Started riding in 2011 I ain't no pro but I know my fair share of tricks. Txt me up I might be able to ride this weekend

Lol. You'd probably have 20 or 30 by now, but this seems to be kind of a slow night for posts.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/4/2013 7:33 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

I'm goin on 3 years I think... Started riding in 2011 I ain't no pro but I know my fair share of tricks. Txt me up I might be able to ride this weekend

Chuck8273 wrote:

Lol. You'd probably have 20 or 30 by now, but this seems to be kind of a slow night for posts.

Lol yeah I'm probably on the m4m section of Craigslist or something lol o well hopefully he gets the # soon

|

11/4/2013 8:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2013 8:13 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

I'm goin on 3 years I think... Started riding in 2011 I ain't no pro but I know my fair share of tricks. Txt me up I might be able to ride this weekend

Chuck8273 wrote:

Lol. You'd probably have 20 or 30 by now, but this seems to be kind of a slow night for posts.

Aav1996 wrote:

Lol yeah I'm probably on the m4m section of Craigslist or something lol o well hopefully he gets the # soon

lol craigslist is right! what's your name anyway dude? that's a decent time. what kind of bike do you have?

|

I just wanna do a Double Backflip. XD

11/4/2013 8:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2013 8:21 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Lol. You'd probably have 20 or 30 by now, but this seems to be kind of a slow night for posts.

Aav1996 wrote:

Lol yeah I'm probably on the m4m section of Craigslist or something lol o well hopefully he gets the # soon

Henry_Galdamez wrote:

lol craigslist is right! what's your name anyway dude? that's a decent time. what kind of bike do you have?

Txt me ill tell u.... I Don't release too much personal info on the Internez big brother is watching... Although my phone is pretty personal Hahaha I ride a kink whip 2012 stock bike.... It was a kink whip I went changing parts as needed now its an all gray bike with no stickers on it and beat to hell.. I still love it though.

|

11/5/2013 6:16 PM

haha all paranoid, sounds cool i wanted a kink or Fit but right now i'm not down to shell out the cash when i'm not even good. I have a stock Haro back trail kinda heavy but whatever it works for now. I was thinking of getting a sapient or Grenade i know they're low bikes but some look pretty legit for two bills still not sure though.

|

I just wanna do a Double Backflip. XD

11/5/2013 9:22 PM

Henry_Galdamez wrote:

haha all paranoid, sounds cool i wanted a kink or Fit but right now i'm not down to shell out the cash when i'm not even good. I have a stock Haro back trail kinda heavy but whatever it works for now. I was thinking of getting a sapient or Grenade i know they're low bikes but some look pretty legit for two bills still not sure though.

What can you do? How long you been riding ? I'm usually out and about my neighborhood on the weekends we could meet up.

|

11/6/2013 2:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2013 2:08 AM

Henry_Galdamez wrote:

haha all paranoid, sounds cool i wanted a kink or Fit but right now i'm not down to shell out the cash when i'm not even good. I have a stock Haro back trail kinda heavy but whatever it works for now. I was thinking of getting a sapient or Grenade i know they're low bikes but some look pretty legit for two bills still not sure though.

Aav1996 wrote:

What can you do? How long you been riding ? I'm usually out and about my neighborhood on the weekends we could meet up.

I'm lame dude i've had my bike for like 5 years but thing is i'm mainly a musician so i would start and stop a lot barely got back into it about a month ago but kept popping inner tubes. I can barley bunny hop there's something i can't get about how you're supposed to go straight vertical on the bike while leaning over passed the seat that's my main problem right now and my stamina sucks after about forty minutes i just can't pull pup too high anymore. but BMIX is something i really wanna learn to do so i keep going back to it no matter what. I usually ride most days by my house around the quiet neighborhoods or this parking lot of a school across the street when everyone is gone.

|

I just wanna do a Double Backflip. XD

11/6/2013 7:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2013 11:27 AM

Im "lame" too haha lets make a lame club. I got no problem knowing you can barely bunny hop. Bmx aint about the amount of tricks you know how to do, most people now a days think it is. Its about the fun you have and the memories you make Mat Hoffman didn't ride bmx because he thought it was cool and all about the tricks, he rode for the fun of it. Also... i wear a helmet and knee pads, get were my "lameness" comes from haha. Either way my number is up top txt me if your down to ride... and no im not some weirdo who gets off on making random online people meet me. Fair warning though i have a unique personality

|

11/6/2013 11:51 AM

Aav1996 wrote:

Im "lame" too haha lets make a lame club. I got no problem knowing you can barely bunny hop. Bmx aint about the amount of tricks you know how to do, most people now a days think it is. Its about the fun you have and the memories you make Mat Hoffman didn't ride bmx because he thought it was cool and all about the tricks, he rode for the fun of it. Also... i wear a helmet and knee pads, get were my "lameness" comes from haha. Either way my number is up top txt me if your down to ride... and no im not some weirdo who gets off on making random online people meet me. Fair warning though i have a unique personality

ha, you're completely right. I'm down for this weekend, you free sunday? to meet up and ride..

|

I just wanna do a Double Backflip. XD

11/6/2013 12:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2013 4:55 PM

Aav1996 wrote:

Im "lame" too haha lets make a lame club. I got no problem knowing you can barely bunny hop. Bmx aint about the amount of tricks you know how to do, most people now a days think it is. Its about the fun you have and the memories you make Mat Hoffman didn't ride bmx because he thought it was cool and all about the tricks, he rode for the fun of it. Also... i wear a helmet and knee pads, get were my "lameness" comes from haha. Either way my number is up top txt me if your down to ride... and no im not some weirdo who gets off on making random online people meet me. Fair warning though i have a unique personality

Henry_Galdamez wrote:

ha, you're completely right. I'm down for this weekend, you free sunday? to meet up and ride..

Not sure on my schedule I believe I have work on Saturday and if things don't get done it'll go over to Sunday so I think that would be a maybe tongue

|