San Clemente Sk8 Park/ Let The Bikes In!!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/11/2007 3:24 PM

Last night, myself and about 20 other riders and even some parents from San Clemente attended a counsel meeting about allowing bikes to use the skate park. We def. had a strong representation from a few of the riders that made speaches. Anyway, in the next week or so we are gonna have a meeting with one of the counsel members to come up with a solution for the park. Some ideas that arouse in the counsel meeting were the possibility of public trails, lights for the skatepark and either segregated hours or bikes and boards together. If anybody has any ideas, comments or concerns about this topic please let me know, you're support is needed to help bikes get in.

Thanks a lot
John

|

4/11/2007 3:27 PM

The San Clemente Counsel Meetings go the 2nd Tues of every month. BMX'ers and Families are encouraged to go and help support. The more people that show up, the better... I just want to say thanks to everyone who attended last night.

John

|

4/11/2007 4:42 PM

dude its about time some one did this,, i live in sacramento but hopefully ur guys efforts will rub off up here,,,, i was told that the problem with biking is insurance because bikes r more dangerous, the skaters and bikers togheter isnt that bad of a problem around here,,

the grinding on bikes is a big part, thats wat pisses people off, maybe they could make hard plastic ledges that are change able or metal,so they dont chip, like cement ledges, idk, just kick some ass bro

|

4/11/2007 7:32 PM

OV4LIFE wrote:

dude its about time some one did this,, i live in sacramento but hopefully ur guys efforts will rub off up here,,,, i was told ...more

hey man for all its worth i support you and every body els thats doing something to help letting bikes in skate parks im from indiana and theres a park 30 minutes away and they dont let bikes and my town has a park but were having problems and iv been trying to help out my park so i hope every thing turns out for the and just dont give up cuz some one needs to try to do some thing

|

5/30/2007 10:46 PM

Hey John,
I'm in San Clemente 6 days a week and would like to do something to make it a more BMX friendly place. Track , dirt jumps, park accesss, there's room for it, money for it and definately plenty of riders. Are you and your group going to be attending the monthly council meetings? Where are they held? I heard some kid at the park say they plan to expand the skatepark and build some public jumps, so they are listening.

|