10mm Rear Profile Mini for peg/street use?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2013 3:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2013 12:18 AM

I'm gunna get a new rear wheel and I really want to get the profile mini. I was wondering if anyone has used the standard 10mm for peg/street use and how well they held up? I will probably get the impurity titanium hex bolts, profile hex bolts or anything else recommend. If the 10mm snaps/bends to easy I will get the 14mm axle but I rather find out about the cheaper version first.

EDIT: I ended up getting the odyssey antigram hub because it has 14mm female bolts which makes me feel much more safe when grinding.

|

10/2/2013 4:44 AM

I have heard good and bad about Profile hubs and grinding. If you're going to get Profiles, and are going to grind, get the 14mm axle.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/2/2013 6:42 AM

3/8 female
Park use
Light street use
Light grind use

14mm male
Street/park use
Good for grinding

Titanium axle bolts
Park use
No grinding

Also, look into a different hub. Profile is overrated, they have the same design as majority of hubs on the market. Look into BSD, Primo, or Cult and get practically the same hub (if not better) for cheaper.
Or get your money's worth and get Gsport.
|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/2/2013 1:26 PM

I've been run 3/8 bolt on my profile hubs for about 2 years with no problems. I grind a lot and they've held up. I think it's just how smooth you are. If you're doing big stuff get a 14mm. If you do little tech stuff 3/8 is fine.

|

10/2/2013 5:04 PM

3/8 Bolts are fine for grinding, most hubs coming out now use 3/8(10mm) bolts and have no problems with peg use. Do not waste your money on the Ti hex bolts, you won't notice any difference.....go with the hex heat treated bolts that Profile has available with their hubs. I've rode a majority of all the hubs put there and my favorite are Profile and Tree . BSD are cheap and very reliable...I wish Profile made a female axle with took 14mm bolts like the Tree hubs..... That's all I'd do to improve the design. Despite what people say, Profile are my favorite. Go for it!!

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

10/3/2013 6:14 AM

I wouldn't, I had a 10mm profile rear, scared the shit out of me, get a male axle or 14mm bolts atleast.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

10/3/2013 8:40 AM

If you want a female hub that is good for grinding get the shadow BTR or the Gsport rachet

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

10/3/2013 8:28 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote: 3/8 female
Park use
Light street use
Light grind use

14mm male
Street/park use
Good for grinding

Titanium axle bolts
Park ...more

Thanks for that. I am also thinking about getting a BSD or Cult hub.

|

10/3/2013 8:37 PM

ccs4130 wrote:

I've been run 3/8 bolt on my profile hubs for about 2 years with no problems. I grind a lot and they've held up. I think it's ...more

Yeah I'll probably get the 14mm axle because I'm not a smooth grinder.

|

10/3/2013 8:40 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

3/8 Bolts are fine for grinding, most hubs coming out now use 3/8(10mm) bolts and have no problems with peg use. Do not waste ...more

Thanks. If I do go for the 10mm I will get the heat treated hex bolts.

|