11inch bars

Related:
Create New Tag

4/6/2020 9:33 AM

Just order mine S&M bars! Does anyone run these? If so any feedback would be awesome

|

4/6/2020 9:38 AM

I have the perfect 10's . I've never actually seen any 11's in person, let alone ridden them.

|

4/6/2020 10:33 AM

Just buy a scooter.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/6/2020 10:44 AM

I got them and they feel great.

|

4/6/2020 10:46 AM

I don't really see the need vs. 10" bars and a top load stem, but If you like them ride on.

For me being 6'3" I went with a 5" tall HT + XL 172mm steerer tube, so that already gives me about a 1/2" of rise over most bikes.

Currently on 9.5" Hoder Skyhigh bars and they feel great, but even they look pretty damn big. I actually just cut down my old 9" bars to 28.5" yesterday, so I'm going to try them out again this week, because of Coronavirus boredom.

|

4/6/2020 11:14 AM

Idk about 11” bars... I’m 6’1” and on my 21.5”TT I have Odyssey 10-4s they feel amazing but definitely as tall as I’d ever want to go. My stock bars were 9.25” and I went right to 10”. I’d like to try something in between eventually...this is all on a TL stem.

|

4/6/2020 11:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2020 11:20 AM

Double posted.

|

4/6/2020 11:29 AM

At one point I wanted them. I ran the Perfect 10 bars from 2016 to the beginning of this year, but switched to 9” bars recently. I think I’d like to try someone else’s bike with the 11”-ers, but I’m no longer a tall bar lover, haha.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

4/6/2020 12:23 PM

RagingMotoholic wrote:

Idk about 11” bars... I’m 6’1” and on my 21.5”TT I have Odyssey 10-4s they feel amazing but definitely as tall as I’d ever want to go. My stock bars were 9.25” and I went right to 10”. I’d like to try something in between eventually...this is all on a TL stem.

I wish the 10-4's werent so damn wide. I love the height and upsweep of my 10-4's but if they make the cross bar a bit shorter and kept the big grip area, id like that.

|

4/6/2020 1:16 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I wish the 10-4's werent so damn wide. I love the height and upsweep of my 10-4's but if they make the cross bar a bit shorter and kept the big grip area, id like that.

I'm pretty sure narrow 10" rise bars would be more prone to bending, or breaking. So, that's why companies don't make them like that.

The S&M Intrikat 10" bars are probably the narrowest 10" bars currently available.

|

4/6/2020 2:46 PM

They make them wide so they look more proportionate, I believe. A tall more narrow bar would not look as pleasing to the eye. I could be wrong but I dont believe it has to do with strength since the longer you make a steel tube, the more flexible and prone to bending it becomes.

|

4/6/2020 4:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2020 4:55 PM

From Odyssey and S&M:

"Large radius bends for greater durability"

"Dual Radius Bends w/ large top bend to increase strength."

From Wikipedia about "Bend Radius":

"The smaller the bend radius, the greater is the material flexibility (as the radius of curvature decreases, the curvature increases)."

You would have to effectively shorten the bottom radius bend in order to narrow the cross bar. Like you mentioned "the longer the tube, the more flex", so having a short radius bend would actually cause more flex.

Photo

|

4/6/2020 5:22 PM

FiTFamily3 wrote:

Just order mine S&M bars! Does anyone run these? If so any feedback would be awesome

Theyre heavy..perfect 10s are heavy as hell 11s even more

|

4/6/2020 5:41 PM

The funny thing is I have ridden both perfect 10s and 11s and you can not even tell a difference when riding.

|

4/6/2020 6:59 PM

My bro has them they’re okay but the leverage makes them slip id suggest getting some bars in that range with the newer 1” clamp area eclat and wto has some good options for stems and bar s with that clamp area

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

4/7/2020 5:27 AM

BmxInTheUsa wrote:

The funny thing is I have ridden both perfect 10s and 11s and you can not even tell a difference when riding.

That kinda what I was hoping because I can always take headset spacers out if they feel too tall

|

4/7/2020 5:30 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

My bro has them they’re okay but the leverage makes them slip id suggest getting some bars in that range with the newer 1” clamp area eclat and wto has some good options for stems and bar s with that clamp area

I have the madera mast stem not sure if it's 1 inch clamp but I think it should work

|

4/7/2020 6:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2020 6:06 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

FiTFamily3 wrote:

I have the madera mast stem not sure if it's 1 inch clamp but I think it should work

It will only work with 22.2mm bars, the clamp area has to match

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

4/7/2020 6:34 AM

BmxInTheUsa wrote:

Did you ride with front or top load stem?

|

4/7/2020 7:10 AM

BmxInTheUsa wrote:

FiTFamily3 wrote:

That kinda what I was hoping because I can always take headset spacers out if they feel too tall

Shadow makes vultus bars in 11

|

4/7/2020 7:33 AM

both I have a front and top but currently a top load stem.

|

4/7/2020 7:34 AM

FiTFamily3 wrote:

Did you ride with front or top load stem?

both front and top but currently a top load stem.

|