12mm axle/pegs?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/26/2013 4:14 PM

Im running a 14mm axle in the rear, and a 12mm axle in the front. the stock pegs on my bike weigh 8.8oz(pretty heavy 2.2pounds with all 4 on the bike) I do want to keep 4 pegs, I like the options. my bike's color scheme is matt black with chrome rims and some silvery bits here and their, I'd like to run silver/chrome/ stainless/polished w/e pegs, but they need to be light.... And I dont trust plastic pegs at all.

finding 14mm pegs is easy enough. however I cant seem to find any peg for 12mm. some help would be nice thanks

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

11/26/2013 5:56 PM

12mm? Are you positive its not 10mm? 14mm pegs will work regardless.. just tighten your bolts/nuts real well. I did this for a year on my 3/8 axle when I was getting started. Its probably not good for the axle but if you're not doing crazy smiths or tooth.picks I think itll hold. Idk otherwise sorry. Or try to find/make an adapter.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/26/2013 5:59 PM

actually, chances are if you get a 12mm shim it will have near damn close to a 14mm outer diameter, you could grind it to work as an adapter.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/26/2013 8:21 PM

I got the 12mm from the factory spec sheet that they use for ordering, but i -just- saw on albes its 3/8ths. so now i'm even more lost. I've got a gauge somewhere so soon as I find it I will know for sure.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop