Related:
Create New Tag
dkTechEthan dkTechEthan
11/26/2013 4:14 PM

Im running a 14mm axle in the rear, and a 12mm axle in the front. the stock pegs on my bike weigh 8.8oz(pretty heavy 2.2pounds with all 4 on the bike) I do want to keep 4 pegs, I like the options. my bike's color scheme is matt black with chrome rims and some silvery bits here and their, I'd like to run silver/chrome/ stainless/polished w/e pegs, but they need to be light.... And I dont trust plastic pegs at all.

finding 14mm pegs is easy enough. however I cant seem to find any peg for 12mm. some help would be nice thanks

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
11/26/2013 5:56 PM

12mm? Are you positive its not 10mm? 14mm pegs will work regardless.. just tighten your bolts/nuts real well. I did this for a year on my 3/8 axle when I was getting started. Its probably not good for the axle but if you're not doing crazy smiths or tooth.picks I think itll hold. Idk otherwise sorry. Or try to find/make an adapter.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

HardBMX_Tim HardBMX_Tim
11/26/2013 5:59 PM

actually, chances are if you get a 12mm shim it will have near damn close to a 14mm outer diameter, you could grind it to work as an adapter.

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

dkTechEthan dkTechEthan
11/26/2013 8:21 PM

I got the 12mm from the factory spec sheet that they use for ordering, but i -just- saw on albes its 3/8ths. so now i'm even more lost. I've got a gauge somewhere so soon as I find it I will know for sure.

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry

See All Deals ยป

THE SHOP