13mm Offset?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2013 2:17 PM

I need new forks and the Primo Strands are on sale on Danscomp right now for $70. But how noticeable will the 13mm offset be? I read somewhere that it's impossible to cruise down the street and do a no hander. Is it really this bad? And do any of you have these forks?

|

"if you feel yourself falling backwards, thrust forward like you would if you were indeed fucking your bike, and if youre falling forwards, push your legs while leaning back, like if you were pulling out from fucking your bike But dont, under any circumstances, actually fuck your bike" - EddiMundo

5/14/2013 2:22 PM

do you cruise non handed alot? if so do you need to?haha. if you like doing trick on your nose like g turns, nose manuals and shit then youll probably like them

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/14/2013 2:32 PM

Well 13mm offset is insanely steep.
It's gonna be fun if you're into nose tricks.
I wouldn't recommend riding trails with them, way to twitchy.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/14/2013 2:34 PM

Yeah I guess that isn't really necessary. My bike already has a 75 degree headtube though so would it be too steep? I mainly ride street and park though so I think I should be fine

|

"if you feel yourself falling backwards, thrust forward like you would if you were indeed fucking your bike, and if youre falling forwards, push your legs while leaning back, like if you were pulling out from fucking your bike But dont, under any circumstances, actually fuck your bike" - EddiMundo

5/14/2013 2:35 PM

I went from 32mm offset to 25mm offset and didn't notice any difference, besides it being barely easier to pop up on the front wheel.

|

5/14/2013 2:39 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I went from 32mm offset to 25mm offset and didn't notice any difference, besides it being barely easier to pop up on the front ...more

I think it's more a personal thing.
I'm trying to imagine the feel of these forks with an OG Balum.

|

5/14/2013 2:47 PM

my freinds have some..there sick, it is noticable, but it depends on how steep your ht is, if its 75 or lower, go forit

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

5/14/2013 2:52 PM

Ive been running 75.5 with 13mm offset forks. Honestly i didnt notice a huge amount of difference. Sure getting into a balance point was quicker but i honestly believe they wont make you a nose wheelie jedi master.

|

5/14/2013 2:56 PM

Topsey wrote:

Ive been running 75.5 with 13mm offset forks. Honestly i didnt notice a huge amount of difference. Sure getting into a balance ...more

This. I ride strands on my ATF and it just makes getting to the balance point easier. They're not crazy twitchy but they're very nice.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/14/2013 3:19 PM

Looks like I'm getting some strands! The samsquanch bars are on sale too, should I get them to match the forks?

|

5/14/2013 3:26 PM

Derek_Bolz wrote:

Looks like I'm getting some strands! The samsquanch bars are on sale too, should I get them to match the forks?

Sure, I actually don't like them too much the cross bar just turns me off, I really dig the drop thing cross bar on the SHadow bars though.

|

5/14/2013 4:15 PM

i run them on my BTM, love them.

|

REFS:

Traded: meowmoo68, kevinl, martinnn1004, RideTemec

Sold to: RyanMC (x2), Dennis916, Dave805, sunday.bmx21, brendon1207, kevinl

Bought: Brock Larson

email: scwright99@hotmail.com

5/14/2013 5:33 PM

I've had these forks for about a month now and for the first day you will notice it a little but then you will get used to it, and i can ride with no hands easily but you don't need to hahaha
i also ride freestyle with them so everything, if you are riding trails it will be a little twitchy but its fine. i recommend these but if you already don't have much bike control you might have to look for some other ones

Hope this helps also they are pretty dam strong and fun also have a lifetime warranty

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/14/2013 5:50 PM

Derek_Bolz wrote:

Yes you should get them i rode them for ages and they never seemed to bend.
I'm not riding the tall boy's to match my yellow strands

|

5/15/2013 2:08 PM

Derek_Bolz wrote:

jamiespadina wrote:

I'm not riding the tall boy's to match my yellow ...more

Where did you get yellow strands?

|

5/15/2013 2:34 PM

Well the strands are sold out on danscomp sad Anybody have experience with the Skavenger Flat Iron forks?

|

5/15/2013 2:54 PM

I have Animal Barrett Forks & they are basically the same thing. The Drop Outs are THICK! The steerer tube is a little long & not much room to cut down either. Thats my only complaint about them.

|

5/15/2013 2:54 PM

13mm would scare me haha

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/15/2013 3:08 PM

I'm thinking either Skavengers or Kink Empires because they're on sale for $100

|

5/15/2013 4:21 PM

Derek_Bolz wrote:

jamiespadina wrote:

I'm not riding the tall boy's to match my yellow ...more

Derek_Bolz wrote:

Where did you get yellow strands?

i bought them a while ago from a site called torpedo7 in australia smile lucky for me but ill have a quick look around for you and see if i can find some for you

|

5/15/2013 9:47 PM

Anybody have Verde Cartel 2 forks? Sorry I'm asking so much, I just want to make sure I get some good forks that won't break the bank

|

5/15/2013 9:55 PM

Derek_Bolz wrote:

Anybody have Verde Cartel 2 forks? Sorry I'm asking so much, I just want to make sure I get some good forks that won't break ...more

I had them. They were decent. I'd take almost any other fork over them, though. Just because.

I have F25s now.

|

5/15/2013 9:55 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

13mm would scare me haha

I'd get scared just kicking out my back wheel while doing quick nose manual moto whips cruising the streets lol

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/15/2013 10:09 PM

im riding some and i think they feel great

did an opo manual 180 today after cutting my steerer down to one fat wtp spacer, because it looks sweet lol

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

5/16/2013 1:59 AM

Get flat irons haha they look tank af

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert