14mm Front Hub/Wheel

Related:
Create New Tag

12/4/2013 5:14 PM

Does anyone know where I can find a 14mm front hub? I want a bigger axle because I feel like I would trust it more. Are they just done away with?

|

12/4/2013 5:17 PM

You are lucky if you find one. you need new forks though. I think profile makes them.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/4/2013 5:21 PM

profile or used.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/4/2013 5:25 PM

I have a fork that will work, but I didn't think to try to find a wheel that would work first. It was a pain in the ass to find a fork

|

12/4/2013 5:36 PM

Odyssey classic dirt is a good fork in 14mm, but there are absolutely no new forks with 14mm dropouts.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

12/4/2013 6:22 PM

Just get a female front hub... up front it would be just as strong as a 14mm male.. and I guess since you got 14mm dropouts just run 14-3/8 adapters (peg adapters).

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/4/2013 6:30 PM

Profile mini ss and s&m pitchforks still come In 14mm that's what I run

|

12/4/2013 6:34 PM

^boom

|

fack off

12/4/2013 6:35 PM

I got a 14mm profile front hub.

|

12/4/2013 7:31 PM

I got the odyssey dirt fork new of ebay which was cool, I'll probably end up getting the profile hub and lace the wheel myself. Unless they have a complete with 14?

|

12/4/2013 8:27 PM

|

12/4/2013 9:17 PM

I'm actually the opposite, i have 14mm odyssey dirt forks with 48 spokes/14mm odyssey hazard front hub and rim and i want to switch to 3/8 for a lighter setup

|

12/4/2013 9:45 PM

Imsowavey212 wrote:

I'm actually the opposite, i have 14mm odyssey dirt forks with 48 spokes/14mm odyssey hazard front hub and rim and i want to switch to 3/8 for a lighter setup

you guys should meet up and trade and you'll both be set haha

|

12/4/2013 10:06 PM

I garbage picked a nice Haro Backtrail four years ago and used the front wheel. Single wall rim with 48 spokes 14mm unsealed hub. Till this day im still running a straight axle and straight rim missing a few bearing as well. Here is my old Thread just look on craiglist for old custom bikes or something and part out what you need

|

12/4/2013 10:11 PM

ComplicatedStreetBmx wrote:

I garbage picked a nice Haro Backtrail four years ago and used the front wheel. Single wall rim with 48 spokes 14mm unsealed hub. Till this day im still running a straight axle and straight rim missing a few bearing as well. Here is my old Thread just look on craiglist for old custom bikes or something and part out what you need

Oh god that front wheel, I still have nightmares about it hahaha. I had a Backtrail x2 when I started, rode that front wheel for almost a year and since I knew nothing about bikes at the time, it went unmaintained.. so by the time I had to get a new front wheel, it made this awful grinding/cracking noise as it spun and was always loose. I always feared it was gonna lock up on me and send me over the bars haha.

|

12/5/2013 8:32 AM

ComplicatedStreetBmx wrote:

i think everyone has rocked a backtrail at one point or another... and used their old backtrail parts on a custom when in need of something lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/5/2013 10:31 AM

i have 14mm forks and a 14mm macneil swagger front hub, shoot me a text 951-505-5393

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)