Brake for 16inch BMX

Related:
Create New Tag

3/9/2018 2:45 AM

Looking for a bit of help.

My son has a 16inch Kink, it's currently got a mission brake which isn't in great condition and the bolts are threaded.

I want to stick a new brake on for him and was thinking that an Odyssey Springfield (I've got one on mine) would be a nice easy option. But would this fit or do the smaller 16inch frames need a smaller brake?

Alternatively I will probably look into replacing the bolts, I'm assuming they are universal.

Thanks for looking.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

3/9/2018 4:27 AM

Don't know... but you could pull the brakes off his bike & try your brake. I'd think you could get away with just one arm to see if everything looks like it's line up.

|

3/9/2018 6:29 AM

Yeah it should fit. My son's got a Springfield on his 18" as there's plenty of pad movement. I'd assume they're designed for average u brakes, I'm not aware of anyone making a specifically smaller one for smaller wheels

|

3/9/2018 6:48 AM

A springfield brake is £13, I think I'm just gonna go for it and if it doesn't work, then I've got back up..... and he can go brakeless laughing

Which could lead to intervention from social services!

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

3/9/2018 8:54 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

A springfield brake is 13, I think I'm just gonna go for it and if it doesn't work, then I've got back up..... and he can go ...more

Speaking of which I have to teach my son how to stop with his shoe if his brakes ever fail. I thought about it yesterday but he didnt seem to be in a good mood to be receptive to learning something...

|

3/9/2018 10:41 AM

Springfield worked fine on my kids 16" Fit

|