Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2019 11:36 AM

I am seriously getting stomped with the 180. After finally managing to getting consistent fakies i can't actually do an 180. Can somebody help me out with i am doing wrong and also what i need to do?

|

5/15/2019 11:49 AM

Hop higher, turn more. Throw your shoulders and hips round. Try not to carve much though as that will open a whole nother can of worms

|

5/15/2019 11:53 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Hop higher, turn more. Throw your shoulders and hips round. Try not to carve much though as that will open a whole nother can of worms

So i need to pull my front wheel higher?

|

5/15/2019 12:29 PM

.pegless. wrote:

I_Dyslexiia_Haave wrote:

So i need to pull my front wheel higher?

Yep, and your back wheel

|

5/15/2019 12:34 PM

You've got three choices, hop higher, rotate faster or a combination of both. How high can you bunnyhop? You need to be able to get off the ground high enough to allow you to rotate. As for your spins, think of you as a pivot/center point that everything else spins around. Think of yourself as an unsexy stripper pole. everything revolves around you. Twisting you hips and shoulders around that axis. Also, turn your head and look where you are spinning helps commit the rest of your body to follow. But all that will also need you to have decent hops to begin with.

|

5/15/2019 1:20 PM

As above, but also it doesn’t look like you’re really committing to it. REALLY go for one, turn your head, shoulders and all that jazz. Fully commit and you’ll get it. As it is you are kind of starting it, hopping, but your body isn’t actually going through with it. Just got to think ‘fuck it’ and go for it. You’ll get it in no time after that! Good luck!

|

5/15/2019 6:41 PM

Have you tried doing the 180 while rolling slower? Like go crawl speed and give it everything you got rotation-wise. I think you might be hesitant to 180 because your body knows you aren't rotating enough to roll backwards after the hop.

|

5/15/2019 6:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2019 6:43 PM

Need to snap your head around and commit to look backwards , you are getting to 90 and your head stops turning , gotta commit and look backwards

|

5/15/2019 6:55 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Need to snap your head around and commit to look backwards , you are getting to 90 and your head stops turning , gotta commit and look backwards

*Shoulders... I never look the other way until the bike is facing that way wink

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/16/2019 5:45 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Have you tried doing the 180 while rolling slower? Like go crawl speed and give it everything you got rotation-wise. I think you might be hesitant to 180 because your body knows you aren't rotating enough to roll backwards after the hop.

&feature=youtu.be I managed to land a few 180s but none of them went it fakie. This is the best one i recorded. I feel like i am commiting now and my spins is quite faster. I could still use some of advice though!
|

5/16/2019 5:45 AM

.pegless. wrote:

&feature=youtu.be Managed to land a few 180s but none of them got into fakie. Feels like i can rotate my bike faster but i need some advice!
|

5/16/2019 5:46 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

You've got three choices, hop higher, rotate faster or a combination of both. How high can you bunnyhop? You need to be able to get off the ground high enough to allow you to rotate. As for your spins, think of you as a pivot/center point that everything else spins around. Think of yourself as an unsexy stripper pole. everything revolves around you. Twisting you hips and shoulders around that axis. Also, turn your head and look where you are spinning helps commit the rest of your body to follow. But all that will also need you to have decent hops to begin with.

&feature=youtu.be I can bunny hop quite high. Here is something i recorded earlier. I also managed to land at 180 quite some times but none of them went into fakie..
|

I_Dyslexiia_Haave

5/16/2019 5:47 AM

eskimojay wrote:

&feature=youtu.be I think i can rotate now a bit faster. I landed some 180s but none of them got into fakies.
|

I_Dyslexiia_Haave

5/16/2019 5:47 AM

meatXloaf wrote:

As above, but also it doesn’t look like you’re really committing to it. REALLY go for one, turn your head, shoulders and all that jazz. Fully commit and you’ll get it. As it is you are kind of starting it, hopping, but your body isn’t actually going through with it. Just got to think ‘fuck it’ and go for it. You’ll get it in no time after that! Good luck!

&feature=youtu.be I managed to land a few 180s but none of them actually got into a fakie. This is what i recorded sadly it wasnt as good as i wanted it to be but i feel like i can rotate faster now.
|

HondaCRFRacer

5/16/2019 6:12 AM

Here's a video of me doing a 180 that I filmed in slow motion. I found when I was learning 180s, watching them in slow motion helped me figure out what I need to do.
|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

yrrep_nitsuj

5/16/2019 6:39 AM

I would say listen to the people above as they said it best. But for me I found the slower I went the more commitment I had

|

just living with autism and riding bikes

eskimojay

5/16/2019 8:48 AM

eskimojay wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

*Shoulders... I never look the other way until the bike is facing that way wink

No man the head leads the shoulders follow , the head always leads on a rotation trick , it’s like when you see videos of kids dying and landing on their head trying backflips , they yank back with their shoulders but don’t have their head snapping back first to lead the rotation , not leading with your head will stall you on a rotation , 1 fluid motion head leads and your shoulders will naturally follow

|

p1p1092

5/16/2019 9:07 AM

eskimojay wrote:

No man the head leads the shoulders follow , the head always leads on a rotation trick , it’s like when you see videos of kids dying and landing on their head trying backflips , they yank back with their shoulders but don’t have their head snapping back first to lead the rotation , not leading with your head will stall you on a rotation , 1 fluid motion head leads and your shoulders will naturally follow

I have always found turning the shoulders to be more important than the head. I've seen a lot of people who turn their head and don't follow it with their shoulders, which invariably causes under-rotation.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

BillyBigRigger

5/16/2019 7:03 PM

Forget about 180's. Forget about learning tricks. Go ride your bike. A bunch. On varying terrain. Hop on a hundred curbs. Hop off a hundred 3 to 6 stair drops. Clear a box jump.... get comfortable on your bike just cruising. Then bam, one day; your 180's will just be there. Bike control comes first. You need that muscle memory of hopping up onto stuff first....

|