180 barspin tips/advice?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/4/2013 4:52 PM

Well heres the renewed SickDude 180 video (harhar) youtube.com/channel/UCgL-3E9h4Cpj1p3G2H5yMUg but on the real note, I wouldn't mind getting these down. I'm really confident about them I just know that I'm fucking up completely. Any advice is much appreciated. Also by camera is sitting on the bank, so its steeper than it looks in the video. Still not very steep though.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/4/2013 4:57 PM

Can you 90 bar?
Also, "channel does not exist."

|

Youtube Channel |||The Wolf

||| My Helmet ||| Have FUN on your Bike!!

11/4/2013 4:58 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gRqqqFoVGo link is wrong in op. Here it is.
|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

11/4/2013 5:00 PM

Gypsy wrote:

Can you 90 bar?
Also, "channel does not exist."

No sir. This feels more comfy than a 90bar though I did try. I usually get inbetween 90-180 and get 3/4 of the bar.

|

11/4/2013 5:24 PM

I can't bar so I was just going on past experience of learning spinning tricks... idk.

|

Youtube Channel |||The Wolf

||| My Helmet ||| Have FUN on your Bike!!

11/4/2013 6:12 PM

Looks to me like your trying to throw the bars using both hands which isn't ideal plus it doesn't look like your hopping high enough.

Maybe try bus driving them round to start with. I know some people find that easier, some think its harder tho too so...

Either way Keep at it mate. You'll get em.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/4/2013 6:30 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Looks to me like your trying to throw the bars using both hands which isn't ideal plus it doesn't look like your hopping high enough.

Maybe try bus driving them round to start with. I know some people find that easier, some think its harder tho too so...

Either way Keep at it mate. You'll get em.

I think bussing might help I just feel like I'd be making a bitch of myself by doing that or starting a bad habit. And yeah, I've gotta say, I felt like I was hopping a lot higher than this. Oh well. Ill try tucking my ass end up and keep going at it. Thanks a lot man. Ill keep this thread updated. smile

|

11/4/2013 7:17 PM

|

11/4/2013 7:32 PM

sorry for thread jacking but i really want to barspin but i can't let go of the bars for nothing i mean i practice them all the time by sitting my back wheel like against a wall and throw and catch them and like standing over my bike and doing barspins (not standing on the pedals) it's kinda annoying i know how to pinch the seat and crank arms sometimes and i know how to level out but i'm just scared to throw them... any help would be awesome. :/

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

11/4/2013 7:46 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

sorry for thread jacking but i really want to barspin but i can't let go of the bars for nothing i mean i practice them all the time by sitting my back wheel like against a wall and throw and catch them and like standing over my bike and doing barspins (not standing on the pedals) it's kinda annoying i know how to pinch the seat and crank arms sometimes and i know how to level out but i'm just scared to throw them... any help would be awesome. :/

I learned to put one foot on my peg and lift up the front end and bar. I did these for a year just because I found it fun and i would throw them in lines and shit. It gave me a really good feel of throwing the bars and the motion it takes. Then about a month ago I did the same thing, but hopped (out of curiosity). So basicly one foot on the peg, hop, throw(i call it the footbar), and I could throw them every time with no fear, started landing them a lot a week later, which then really really encouraged me to start throwing regular bars, and I did with no success. Came close once and fucked up my fingers. Decided to pick my head up and try these 180 bars instead, which are a lot easier and less scary. Hope this helped man, its my only experience with bars.

|

11/4/2013 7:47 PM

|

11/5/2013 7:22 AM

I learned them flyout, started with bar to tire taps and then spun harder.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/5/2013 10:30 PM

idk if someone has already stated this but it will be a lot easier to learn them at flyout first and get 90 bars super dialed. for me if i tryed to spin a full 180 and then bar it just didnt work. i just do like a 120 degree bar and then somehow i get the other 60 degree. its also easier to bus driver IMO. i learned barspin with both hands,and all i can say is its just hell. hope this helped somewhat lol

|

just huck it

11/5/2013 10:42 PM

Have you tried the "manual bar" thing in grass? I got those in an hour, and then took them to the concrete. I figured if I could barspin and catch while popping my front end up just a few inches, hop bars would give me even more time. Then I started practicing hop bars in grass. Wearing a helmet, shin guards, and knee pads helped too. If you can already do hop bars, forget what I said.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride