180 out of double pegs on rails!?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2012 6:49 PM

okay.. I can double peg to 180 out of ledges sometimes, but when it comes to a rail, I just can't fucking get any rotation out of them. Been trying and trying and I just can't seem to get past maybe a 45 degree rotation

for the record, I spin out switch. I grind on the left and it's easier spinning out to the left which is switch for me.
I have feeble to switch 180 dialed on rails & ledges, can double peg to switch 180 out of jersey barriers maybe 50% of the time, just double to 180 out on rails I do not understand at all. any tips?

|

2/28/2012 6:51 PM

i hear you! i wanna knnow too im exactly the same except left isnt switch

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

2/28/2012 6:51 PM

try a higher rail, i can do them way easier out of a rail a little over stem height than on a dinky flat rail.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/28/2012 6:52 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

try a higher rail, i can do them way easier out of a rail a little over stem height than on a dinky flat rail.

that's what I've been doing, the barriers I grind are just under bar height, same with the rail I was trying them on

|

2/28/2012 7:02 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

that's what I've been doing, the barriers I grind are just under bar height, same with the rail I was trying them on

well then all i can think of is that you aren't turning your head, they don't really feel any different than on a ledge

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/28/2012 7:04 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

well then all i can think of is that you aren't turning your head, they don't really feel any different than on a ledge

you might be right, rails are always sketchier than ledges in my opinion, maybe I'm thinking too much on the rail and not enough on the 180? guess I'll try tomorrow and see how it works haha thanks for the input

|

2/28/2012 7:07 PM

i want to try to easy 180 like alley opp out of the ledge like when ty morrow pushes off and back namean?

|

2/28/2012 8:55 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

you might be right, rails are always sketchier than ledges in my opinion, maybe I'm thinking too much on the rail and not enough on the 180? guess I'll try tomorrow and see how it works haha thanks for the input

the motions are pretty much the same. what i do that helps is i try to hop as high as i can and suck my knees in like i am doing a 360 on flat. it's difficult to get the torque off a rail, so just keeping the head turned and sucking the knees up will help get more of the rotation out.

|

2/28/2012 8:58 PM

I'm trying to learn those too and hard 180 out grinds like Neyer. His shit is on top.

|

2/29/2012 7:57 AM

ive been wanting to learn these along with hop overs witch seem impossible

|

3/2/2012 5:03 PM

thanks everyone for the input here, finally got to sesh a rail, my friend's flat rail which is a bit under stem height, concentrated less on the rail and more on the 180 and got a few 180s out, real sketchy since they're switch but what can ya do haha

|

3/2/2012 5:07 PM

use your hips and not your shoulders

|

twitter

PROBZ

3/2/2012 5:29 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

use your hips and not your shoulders

I kinda was, I'll try to keep that in mind for when I do them next

|