1970s Mongoose BMX-Looking for info

Related:
Create New Tag

1/26/2020 6:12 AM

Came across a 1970s (best guess) Mongoose BMX. Does anyone know anything about it. Does it have any value? Recommendations on what you’d do with it.

|

1/26/2020 1:14 PM

bmx museum dot com.

don't ask for value. they will ban you.

good luck

best bet. clean it up best you can. put on ebay.. see what you get for it

they have value if in good condition.

|

1/26/2020 1:21 PM

Thanks!

|

1/28/2020 9:31 AM

|

MVGA

1/28/2020 9:49 AM

The site won’t let me post a pic from my phone or laptop and it’s not worth the time to fight with it. I appreciate the info given from here and am following the advice from pnj.
BMX is not my hobby. Therefore, I was simply looking for info from those who are into it and are experts on a bike I came across and yes, was curious of its value. I have no use for it, if I can make a quick buck on something that’s been in my parents barn for 30 years, I’m going to. Apologies if I broke a rule of either forum.

|

1/28/2020 9:57 AM

Chris_Piascik wrote:

The site won’t let me post a pic from my phone or laptop and it’s not worth the time to fight with it. I appreciate the info given from here and am following the advice from pnj.
BMX is not my hobby. Therefore, I was simply looking for info from those who are into it and are experts on a bike I came across and yes, was curious of its value. I have no use for it, if I can make a quick buck on something that’s been in my parents barn for 30 years, I’m going to. Apologies if I broke a rule of either forum.

you could always fix it up a little and give it away to a local kid

|

fack off

1/28/2020 9:58 AM

I don't think anyone on this site cares, it's just mostly younger folks here though.. so they aren't buying older bikes.

bmx mueseum site is full of salty old guys who mostly don't ride anymore (probably never really rode..) and for some reason, seem to like to push new users out. "if you're not a hardcore collector, GET OUT" is pretty much how they roll.

which is silly because, people like you come in with a bike that they might be interested in.. and they ban you instantly. lol

that site is a joke , IMO.

|

1/28/2020 11:04 AM

Chris_Piascik wrote:

You will have to use a photo hosting site like tinypic or photobucket to post pictures.Also,they will want to know the serial number.(stamped under the bb.)

|

MVGA

2/19/2020 11:59 AM

77-80 with that dropout.
Most likely motomag, if only a single hole in the brake bridge. Suntour broken arrow seatpost clamp. Elina seat, i think. Ashtabula heat treated bmx stem. Tange pinched fork. Skyway mags. Looks like old skyway peg

|

Come, as you are. As you were. As “they” want you to be....

2/19/2020 12:40 PM

looks like a motomag

|