1998 GT Vertigo

Related:
Create New Tag

1/3/2020 6:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2020 1:02 PM

Hey all. Don’t know much about bikes. But I have a 1998 GT vertigo. I unfortunately replaced the tires and handle bar grips a few years ago. Anyone have any idea what it’s worth?? Pictures are on my page. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/3/2020 6:46 AM

close to what you paid for it..

the only way to find out is to post it on a for sale site.

bmx museum dot com is thee go to place for old school bmx

but I can tell you that if you post this exact post over there, you will get banned. (they kinda suck like that..)

Looks like it's in great condition though.

good luck.

|

1/3/2020 6:53 AM

Literally six posts down from yours was a topic titled "Original 1988 GT Vertigo St."

https://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Original-1988-GT-Vertigo-St,1323304

At first I thought you were the same person, double posting.

Hope that didn't sound grumpy. It's just an amazing coincidence.

|

1/3/2020 7:05 AM

Thanks for the information. No, not the same post as the other. True story. It's my bike from 30 years ago,,, I saved it for whatever weird reason. Gave to my son a few years ago, but it obviously looks old and ruffed up a little, so he wanted a new bike. We got him a new one for X mas,,, MUCH CHEAPER. Went to sell this bike on FB Marketplace for $100 and got a crazy amount of inquiries right away. I decided to keep it and do some research on what it might be worth. Hence,,, that's why I'm posting here.

|

1/3/2020 8:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2020 8:06 AM

What I would do is post on bmx museum but not as a 'for sale'.

"Dug my old GT out of storage" or something along those lines as a subject and then post the pics. Maybe add a bit of story about how you saved money, where you purchased it from, etc. A fun story that you had with your friends while riding that bike, etc..

Post it in the 'catch all' section, I think...

That will let you know if anyone is interested and might start some sort of dialog that can lead you to a bit more information as to weather or not these bikes are wanted by the collectors at this time.

edit*
wow. I just did a quick search for '88 GT vertigo' and this came up..
https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=803493

|

1/4/2020 1:05 PM

Pnj thanks so much, that’s great information. I’ll give it a try. What was the post you found on that site??? I can’t get your link to work. Thanks again.

|

1/4/2020 4:44 PM

The link was in the "sold" section of the bmx museum site. It was for a BEAT TO HELL Virtigo frame that looks like it was sold for way too much money.

I just went to the main site and typed "88 GT Vertigo" into the search bar.

|

1/5/2020 5:40 AM

Ok. I posted it on that BMX museum site yesterday. Got yelled at for asking “what it might be worth”. Lol. Some guys were pretty helpful. Seems like it could go for anywhere from $300 to $1,000

|