1st time I've seen this happen

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2013 8:09 AM

Cracked wtp cream frame...tooth hanger on a grind box

Some guy on here posted this in the review section

Photo

Anyone else seen this happen to a cream frame?

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/18/2013 8:10 AM

Happened to my friend's CREAM. No footer out of the bowl to snap. Snapped right at the same place.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/18/2013 8:10 AM

Ouch. Right at the investment casting. This is why I'm skeptical about IC parts.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/18/2013 8:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2013 8:17 AM

At least its got a lifetime warrantee. I've got this frame and this was a concern of mine when I first got it.

Mine seems solid, its took some abuse lately too, id still recommend it, but this does sketch me out a little.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/18/2013 8:21 AM

Well, to be honest, I was a bit curious about how they were getting a true weld in that area when the casting is at least twice as thick as the DT/ TT. It seems to me that unless the casting is Pre heated to a considerably higher temperature than the tubing, you just wouldn't get full penetration or pooling. At least it broke doing that instead upon landing from a ten foot drop. Ten foot frame break to face plant is one of the things I never want to expirience, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/18/2013 8:23 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

At least its got a lifetime warrantee. I've got this frame and this was a concern of mine when I first got it.

Mine seems ...more

How could it not?! Right after I got my Pitchfork with 990 mounts, I started seeing posts of the dropouts cracked, and I'm not a scrawny 15 yo anymore, lol.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/18/2013 8:26 AM

Luckily it was just the down tube tho, usually frames will snap the front end clean off if this happens in that area.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/18/2013 8:33 AM

Is it just me, or are most snaps/breaks at the weld regardless of IC or anything else? I've always been told that the weld is the weakest point, so why are people surprised about this?

|

11/18/2013 8:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2013 8:44 AM

Seen this happen twice now. It still doesn't put me off a C.R.E.A.M HOWEVER.... Word on the Street is that WTP are going to update the C.R.E.A.M Frame & totally drop the I.C connected Parts!! Gunna be a totally standard welded up Frame, same geo & a few new bits & pieces that WTP have been working on. Lower Price, No I.C connections & Supposedly things like I.C Drop Outs, Integrated Tensioners, IC Clamp, All the Funky stuff WTP offer on other Frames too. I'm wondering if it will have the Hydroformed stuff?? wassat

|

11/18/2013 8:43 AM

Fondue wrote:

Is it just me, or are most snaps/breaks at the weld regardless of IC or anything else? I've always been told that the weld is ...more

Because WTP made a huge deal about the CREAM's IC junctions being stronger than normal frames, when really they break just as much.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/18/2013 8:46 AM

Topsey wrote:

Seen this happen twice now. It still doesn't put me off a C.R.E.A.M HOWEVER.... Word on the Street is that WTP are going to ...more

The new stuff is on dans already

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

11/18/2013 8:49 AM

Fondue wrote:

Is it just me, or are most snaps/breaks at the weld regardless of IC or anything else? I've always been told that the weld is ...more

You're right about that one. But I was always told that if a weld is done properly, the weld will be stronger than the tubing around it.
On a related note, if the weld starts out harder (due to the cooling process and other variables) then as it is flexed and worked, it would also become brittle earlier. And not to sound like a broken record, but post weld heat treating normalizes the entire structure, so you don't end up with hard spots and soft spots.

|

11/18/2013 8:50 AM

Just so happened to have my dans mag with me. Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

11/18/2013 10:06 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

Well, to be honest, I was a bit curious about how they were getting a true weld in that area when the casting is at least ...more

they tig weld them together and with tig welding you can change the amps on demand while you are welding so you can get good penetration

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

11/18/2013 10:12 AM

jj0996 wrote:

they tig weld them together and with tig welding you can change the amps on demand while you are welding so you can get good ...more

That's what she said (harhar)

|

11/20/2013 9:55 AM

Fondue wrote:

Actually right next to the weld it the weakest point. If you look closely at most breaks, it is up against the weld, not down the middle of it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/20/2013 9:56 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Because WTP made a huge deal about the CREAM's IC junctions being stronger than normal frames, when really they break just as ...more

I think they are saying the headtube by itself won't break, it will take the whole investment cast part out.

It's technically not breaking at the DT/HT junction.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/20/2013 10:35 AM

I had a feeling those would snap right there

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/20/2013 4:16 PM

I like the look of that Clash. What's the backend on that? Anyone know? and this is a pain! I really hope that isnt for dropouts too!! Thatd blow! haha They are putting them on like every frame. I hope they get all this sorted out with the new frames. Hydroforming tubing is AWESOME. My one friend has an Amber frame like that and it is really nice, it is super solid.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.